Sign in to follow this  
MattR

FB Automotive

I've been cold called by these guys who will apparently list all my stock on facebook marketplace for £25 per month, with a 1 month free trial. Doesnt sound expensive, wondering if anyone else uses them? 

Yes, signed up a couple of weeks ago.  My feed should be via our website which is AA, for some reason they are dragging their heals to set up so FBA are taking a feed via Autotrader.  I have stopped advertising with AT so having to upload stock manually to dealer portal and they are taking a feed from there.  Seems to work, no proper enquiries yet however.

I don't see the point personally if its just going onto the marketplace - which is the equivalent of Sphock and Gumtree.

You need your own page with promoted / boosted posts

11 minutes ago, twerp said:

I don't see the point personally if its just going onto the marketplace - which is the equivalent of Sphock and Gumtree.

You need your own page with promoted / boosted posts

Agreed, I originally signed up, then cancelled because only pieces of my adverts were showing. I do it myself now, takes a few minutes to upload an advert. Just one direct sale so far......

• Like 1

FB Marketplace is the new gumtree. Absolutely great for disposing of PX shitters.

• Like 1

Tried it.  Market place and FB Group postings.  Not having much success! 

On 04/06/2019 at 9:02 AM, Rory RSC said:

FB Marketplace is the new gumtree. Absolutely great for disposing of PX shitters.

He's damn right, not much potential for full price retail stuff but OK as a "bangers 4 cash" outlet. 

22 hours ago, Scrawf said:

Tried it.  Market place and FB Group postings.  Not having much success! 

I find Facebook so hit and miss. I think it is all about getting a few people to click on your listing as soon as it goes up. If they do it stays at the top of the list for a while and have loads of the " is this still available messages"

Have had a bit of success but mainly with the cheaper cars. Had over 100 messages about a spares or repair cooper s that wasnt that cheap but it sold.