Tony911

Bank transfer problem

Hi all, sold a car on Saturday afternoon £3500 paid via phone banking and I heard all the conversation as he had it on loud speaker passed all his security checks and the lady said the money will be there within 2 hours, now Wednesday morning and still no sign of it. Spoke to customer yesterday and he contacted the bank and verified account details to make sure they didn't send it else where and they have informed him it can take up to 4 working days!! In the 11 years of doing this job I have never waited so long for a transfer maybe a day the most. Has anybody else had this before? Customer did seem genuine he even gave us his car in trade in:mellow:

Mine normally takes minutes .......................

That said, for the first time ever, I had one go missing over Easter, my neighbour, £44 for a couple of parts I got him, did it Thurs before Easter, eventually by Wed after Easter it still wasn't in, his bank told him it had gone elsewhere, he only has me on his transfer list, they told him he will have to wait to get his money back, they re did my transfer, which went in within minutes, not sure how he's got on to recover his money tho, will ask when I see him ....................

His was RBS , mine Santander ;)

Edited by Dave2302

My Mrs works for one of them. I’ll text her-see if I can get an answer. 

4 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Ours is santander his was natwest. Wondering if we been conned

Now that is too much of a coincidence, RBS and Nat West are from the same group, and you and I, (the recipients), are both Santander !!

I reckon RBS / Nat West have a glitch that they aren't admitting !!

Edited by Dave2302

Sometimes payments get flagged for additional security. The customer may get an automated phone call, text or email asking him to confirm the payment instruction. Sometimes customers miss these and it takes a while for the bank to release the funds. Chances are after he spoke to his bank again you will receive this payment today. 

13 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Sometimes payments get flagged for additional security. The customer may get an automated phone call, text or email asking him to confirm the payment instruction. Sometimes customers miss these and it takes a while for the bank to release the funds. Chances are after he spoke to his bank again you will receive this payment today. 

This is a high possibility.

However, guys DO NOT RELEASE any cars until the money has cleared in destination bank.

All payments out of banking hours can be cancelled by the sender up to 1 minute before the next banking day starts.

My wife has replied:

Unlikely unless it’s a large amount done over weekend? Limit is £20k daily. Otherwise only foreign that takes 2-4 day’s! Even chaps are same day if done before 2pm’

Fraud team can hold payment for checks but paying customer can call to see. 

I've had this when Santander are involved.

Hi, 

My neighbour is here now, he's got his money back, his bank admitted they have had a software problem and it sent the money to the wrong account !!

42 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

My wife has replied:

Unlikely unless it’s a large amount done over weekend? Limit is £20k daily. Otherwise only foreign that takes 2-4 day’s! Even chaps are same day if done before 2pm’

Fraud team can hold payment for checks but paying customer can call to see. 

The chap supposedly called his bank and told him 4 working days. Should we wait until tomorrow or go get the car back as it's only a couple of hours drive?

im not a betting man but i would put my shirt on it being santander

im with them and had 2 weeks of hell last month

Personally, I'd leave it until Thursday, then I'd be going to get the Car back !!

A lot of Banks just use the "4 days" as a get out of jail free, like I say, in reality with my Santander A/c I have customers transferring to me on their phones whist in the office, and by the time I've logged in the money is there :)

6 minutes ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

im not a betting man but i would put my shirt on it being santander

im with them and had 2 weeks of hell last month

I had quite a few much bigger transfers than the £44 from my neighbour done around that time and they all went in ...............

I'm not a gambler either, but especially after what his bank said this morning I'll bet it is RBS / Nat West ;)

Edited by Dave2302

4 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Personally, I'd leave it until Thursday, then I'd be going to get the Car back !!

A lot of Banks just use the "4 days" as a get out of jail free, like I say, in reality with my Santander A/c I have customers transferring to me on their phones whist in the office, and by the time I've logged in the money is there :)

I had quite a few much bigger transfers than the £44 from my neighbour done around that time and they all went in ...............

I'm not a gambler either, but especially after what his bank said this morning I'll bet it is RBS / Nat West ;)

Same here Dave never once have we had a payment take this long usually instant but this is taking the piss. Hoping he's not left us with a £200 shitter and taken a £3700 car :ph34r:

My wife is not a fan of Santander or ‘Shabby Abbey’ as they call them apparently. She has since replied further saying she would certainly not let the goods go and as above, a payment can be recalled up to the end of the working day for future reference  

Anyway, horse & blotted and all that, so I would be asking the customer more questions and ideally speaking to their bank again. If you think they’re genuine then you can only go on your gut and give them the benefit of the doubt for now I suppose.

Keep us posted  

She also says they know of no issues with the system this week after the bank hols-NatWest or any glitches and haven’t had any complaints in branch similar. 

Did you call them? Nat West that is?

Edited by NOACROSS

HSBC will always send the funds to a Fraud department where the customer has the finds taken from there account and not forwarded to you, 3-4 days later they get a call and  funds are then released,

Santander is another Spanish bank they are never instant either

4 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

My wife is not a fan of Santander or ‘Shabby Abbey’ as they call them apparently. She has since replied further saying she would certainly not let the goods go and as above, a payment can be recalled up to the end of the working day for future reference  

Anyway, horse & blotted and all that, so I would be asking the customer more questions and ideally speaking to their bank again. If you think they’re genuine then you can only go on your gut and give them the benefit of the doubt for now I suppose.

Keep us posted  

She also says they know of no issues with the system this week after the bank hols-NatWest or any glitches and haven’t had any complaints in branch similar. 

Did you call them? Nat West that is?

I personally haven't called natwest as we don't bank with them but the customer says he did and was told it can take up to 4 working days. Have called Santander and they can't do much. Customer does seem genuine as he did call me back to let me know what was said and if not received by Friday he will go in branch and sort it as it's left his account and wants to know where it's gone. Would understand if it was bank holiday 

(Deleted)

Edited by Lucas

29 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

HSBC will always send the funds to a Fraud department where the customer has the finds taken from there account and not forwarded to you, 3-4 days later they get a call and  funds are then released,

Santander is another Spanish bank they are never instant either

I'm sorry but I speak as I find .........................

I have been with Santander for over 20 years now.

They have been perfect, absolutely brilliant and much better than Nat West that Mel banks with, and others that I have banked with many moons ago.

Santander are instant, 90% of my takings are Bank Transfer and it is in there instantly, definitely well under a half hour ...................

If anyone thinks I'm bullshitting lets test it today, I'll PM you my Sort Code and A/c number, send me a random amount of buttons between 1 and 2 quid, and within minutes I'll tell you how much exactly that it was !!

If I can do that I get to keep it, if I can't I'll send it back double once it has arrived ;) 

Anyone up for a bit o' craic ??

38 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I accidentally bought a instructor car.l with clutch and brake under passaner side. :lol:

You also accidentally posted this on the wrong thread:lol::lol:

1 minute ago, Dave2302 said:

They have been perfect, absolutely brilliant and much better than Nat West that Mel banks with, and others that I have banked with many moons ago.

Santander are instant, 90% of my takings are Bank Transfer and it is in there instantly, definitely well under a half hour ...................

If anyone thinks I'm bullshitting lets test it today, I'll PM you my Sort Code and A/c number, send me a random amount of buttons between 1 and 2 quid, and within minutes I'll tell you how much exactly that it was !!

If I can do that I get to keep it, if I can't I'll send it back double once it has arrived ;) 

I've just sent you £1,000,000.

Did you get it? If not can you send the £2,000,000 to........

2 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

I believe you as santander have been brilliant for the last 7 years so I don't think it's santander problem it's natwest they are just shit

I've just sent you 2 million quid back, it appears that I didn't get it :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

You also accidentally posted this on the wrong thread:lol::lol:

I've just sent you £1,000,000.

Did you get it? If not can you send the £2,000,000 to........

No proberlermo, I am a man of my word :D

27 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

I believe you as santander have been brilliant for the last 7 years so I don't think it's santander problem it's natwest they are just shit

/\ /\ /\ LIKE