It was brought to my attention today that Autotrader charge a private advertiser half the price of a trade advertiser and give the 6 weeks instead of 3 weeks. If you are trade and therefore use them more than private, you should then get a discount. I’ve been a dealer for over 25 years now and I just can’t believe the greed of this company. How can we all unite to stop this blatant exploitation of local customers!

59 minutes ago, Elmstone Classics said:

It was brought to my attention today that Autotrader charge a private advertiser half the price of a trade advertiser and give the 6 weeks instead of 3 weeks. If you are trade and therefore use them more than private, you should then get a discount. I’ve been a dealer for over 25 years now and I just can’t believe the greed of this company. How can we all unite to stop this blatant exploitation of local customers!

Unbelievable Jeff.  We need to march.

Wasn’t someone marching last week and the week before and the week before.......

I’m still in Manchester waiting for the other guy to turn up :rolleyes:

Viva the revolution!

I don't know why people feel like putting their Che Guevara shirt on and try and drive people to revolt. It's not council tax, or income tax, or a state entitlement, it's a privately owned firm that charge what they like. You either have it, or you don't. So, pack it in fucking moaning and get on with selling cars.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, EPV said:

Viva the revolution!

I don't know why people feel like putting their Che Guevara shirt on and try and drive people to revolt. It's not council tax, or income tax, or a state entitlement, it's a privately owned firm that charge what they like. You either have it, or you don't. So, pack it in fucking moaning and get on with selling cars.

See you at the march comrade. 

Everything's cyclical. AutoTrader is at it's boom at the moment, highest share price ever and huge profits. I'd guess they've squeezed all they can. 

10 hours ago, EPV said:

Viva the revolution!

Exactly this, get on with it and sell enough cars that your autotrader bill becomes irrelevant! 

I've used this analogy before, but organising car traders is like herding cats.  

My take on Autoraper is well documented, so I'll try to resist playing the broken record, but some, like me left them years ago and have never looked back.  Others are too scared to try (maybe rightly so) and yes, I agree, others are making a nice enough living (and some way more) not to care about the costs/rising costs of the robbers.

I know it was tonge-in-cheek, but is it just me who's fed up of all these marches?  They all blend in to one sandal and sock wearing bore-fest for me.

Sermon over-let's toast a hopefully busy weekend for all!

Edited by NOACROSS

Anyone know how much it is to advertise under a grand on AT as PAYG trade? Thinking of chucking all the p/x scrappers on there now as eBay classified has gone up. I know it’s free or £9.95 for private sellers.

another topic on AT...................... we are all just jealous at the end of the day that there business model is Fu*%Ing Unbelievable and is generating huge profit.....................  any one of us here would do exact same thing 

4 hours ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

another topic on AT...................... we are all just jealous at the end of the day that there business model is Fu*%Ing Unbelievable and is generating huge profit.....................  any one of us here would do exact same thing 

I hate Autotrader and as a trader I dont/wont give them my money,    But i love my Autotrader shares.... and when the advertising prices  go up each year by 20% i laugh at people who have money in bank earning 0.0005% interest while my shares go up funninly enough by 20% ;-))