Wheelerdealer1

Dealer Auction - Any better now?

58 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

I’m a legacy customer so what will I be paying? I rarely use it 

£200 plus vat a year...... for now.

14 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

From when? 

Anyone know how to cancel? It’s not clear on the site 

You'll be getting charged at the end of the month as far as I can see, so if you want to cancel youre better off giving them a call.

If you have any further questions regarding your subscription, please contact 0330 128 1250 and select option 2.

1 minute ago, andymc1973 said:

The buggers never answer

Nor do they chase up any provisional bids.  Was highest bidder a few weeks back, reserve not met. After 3 days I phoned the dealer myself and did the deal on the phone. Saved me the commission.

2 hours ago, CRW said:

Nor do they chase up any provisional bids.  Was highest bidder a few weeks back, reserve not met. After 3 days I phoned the dealer myself and did the deal on the phone. Saved me the commission.

Haha not the first tie I've heard that happen.

IMO it can only go downhill now AT are involved.  They tried it with their own platform and f**cked that up so now they are trying to get involved in DA???  Sounds like a buyout coming along.

Not bought off there for years myself.

you have to email them and give notice, I just cancelled my payment method, typical autotrader and no attempt retain my business  

14 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

you have to email them and give notice, I just cancelled my payment method, typical autotrader and no attempt retain my business  

yup same with me , could not give a shite attitude.  

6 minutes ago, Jack Regan said:

yup same with me , could not give a shite attitude.  

was the same when i cancelled my advertising they didnt even make an effort to defend themselves.

16 hours ago, Earunder said:

Not bought off there for years myself

I wouldn't if I had a choice, but my nearest "decent" auction hall is 150+ miles away, so it leaves you with little choice!  Have had too many wasted 300 mile round trips coming home empty handed from the auction.

WE use DA a lot and probably one off the biggest buyers with them, but we still got hit with the new £100 a month after they shut use down for a day and half. 

dealers wanted highest prices than cap clean yet AT is pushing to use portal for pricing based on there data doesn't seem to be working well. even the DA guys laugh when they read out some reserves. 

AS for gettting through to DA these days it's slightly better yet they can't alter important info you need like old emails being used :-(  

55 minutes ago, OneCarefulOwner said:

WE use DA a lot and probably one off the biggest buyers with them, but we still got hit with the new £100 a month after they shut use down for a day and half. 

dealers wanted highest prices than cap clean yet AT is pushing to use portal for pricing based on there data doesn't seem to be working well. even the DA guys laugh when they read out some reserves. 

AS for gettting through to DA these days it's slightly better yet they can't alter important info you need like old emails being used :-(  

Have you actually had a £100 a month charge ?

I have spoke to them on the phone and have email confirmation. Its £199 plus Vat yearly charge, minus any rebate I have from my current subscription. 

Its worth that to me but not £1200. I used to buy 5-6 a month off them, new site is hard to navigate and theres no bargains so far but I will persevere.  

1 minute ago, Highlinev8 said:

I have spoke to them on the phone and have email confirmation. Its £199 plus Vat yearly charge, minus any rebate I have from my current subscription. 

Its worth that to me but not £1200. I used to buy 5-6 a month off them, new site is hard to navigate and theres no bargains so far but I will persevere.  

Agree. It's 'barely' worth 200 a year (remembering there's buyer's fees too).  I'm hoping the lack of sensibly priced stock is just a result of the usual January madness, but I fear I am deluding myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You have always had to tread carefully when bidding on vehicles with D/A. Over the years  we had weeded out the 'dodgy' dealers masquerading as 'main dealers' , these 'dodgy' dealers, if you searched them, were selling similar cars [age, screen price, makes & models]  as ourselves. It goes without saying that the cars they were selling therefore were most likely 'lemons'. 

Indeed, we learnt of one 'main dealer' in the Suffolk area, who were selling cars on dealer auction, via a separate used car dealer and earning a drink.

We learnt, sadly after buying, of another well known, established  main dealer in the Kent area who  had tried and failed to sell a part-ex of their own stand alone used car site, then failed to sell it from a live auction, before selling it of the D/A site [the car was a 'lemon']

At the end of the day, don't consider buying from anyone retailing cars which are similar to those you deal in, there's usually a reason they are selling their stock on D/A and those reasons are not always  kosher !!

The D/A site wasn't policed that well previously with regard to the sellers being only main dealers, under the present D/A regime, please do your homework gents and be selective on who you are actually buying from, you'll find that some main dealers selling on D/A are nothing of the kind, it's no good being wise after the event, as we had learnt to our expense...

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Rich Michaels said:

The D/A site wasn't policed that well previously with regard to the sellers being only main dealers, under the present D/A regime, please do your homework gents and be selective on who you are actually buying from, you'll find that some main dealers selling on D/A are nothing of the kind, it's no good being wise after the event, as we had learnt to our expense...

Agree with site isn't policed very well, trying to get anything sorted that goes wrong is a nightmare every time. you really have zero rights and paying for cars in advance then turns into even more hassle like Friday when a slight engine noise turns out to be a howler when the collection agent turns up the words un drivable used but description said nothing about nackered engine . rejected it but have I heard from the dealer after a email over a refund. NO NO NO 

On 1/30/2020 at 9:31 AM, Highlinev8 said:

Honestly not really looked my BOSS loves the site, it where we buy from and sytner. I personally need another avenue with reliable sellers. We have our locals that work but DA bargains are very very limited with a lot of sellers moving away from them. I guess with poor new car sales it's relative to see higher prices other than scrappers. 

Edited by OneCarefulOwner
edited

i have had a call today from dealer auction as i complained re a hyundai i purchesed 18 days ago ( which by the way is still needeing repairs after a clutch , that was noted by the dealer ... rear bushes , rear staberliser arms,  seat repair ,  mould under the seats , worn out gear knob air con rad gone , stinks inside , dent to tailgate on top which has chipped the roof  not seen until we got above vehicle   )   and there reply was we are giving the dealer a points system if they get complaints they willm stop the dealer .... too bloody late after they have had many traders in the net ... we need a system like sytner 's  auction where the traders give feedback , of which i have read and not bought a car from certain dealers  due to bad feedback.

Gents, I have just obtained access to DA and it’s not clear to me whether there are any additional fee’s on top of the purchase prices for cars won or cars sold. Can you please advise.

Or is this supposed to be covered by the monthly/annual fee that you pay.

Edited by Martin F

Thanks, but seems not quite. 

I just spoke to a gentleman there who advised me that it costs between £10 to £95 in fees (based on value) to buy a car and £50 to sell. Then scuppered my plans by advising that you have to be FCA approved to be able to sell on there. God knows who that tenuous connection is made. 

it might be worth doing a BUY or DONT BUY from on here

i just picked up na zoe from nissan/mg dealer in chorley they took video and didnt want paying up front (debit card personel ) they even valleted it and charged it for me .. ace discription and vehicle ..

so 1 for a GOOD dealer .