Sign in to follow this  
Customer

Court - Scrapping car?

Hello all,

not sure if I'm even allowed to post here as I am not a car dealer but have searched the web about this problem without finding any answer.

I have submitted an easy procedure form to the court against a car dealer - turned out 2 months after buying that the car had a massive problem in the control unit and is now undriveable. No call-back from the company owner (he allegedly I'd always away when I call) or any response to my letters, hence the court procedure. 

Now awaiting court decision, I don't own a private parking space and must leave it on a public road. But MOT is about to expire, and it's not worth fixing the problem. Should I have it scrapped? I know I could get into trouble when leaving the car in public without MOT. 

Sorry if this question sounds stupid. My brain says that I must not destroy my "piece of evidence", however leaving it like this is illegal. 

Any advice welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Best advice to scrap it as not for for purpose. Then go to court with evidence that you have scrapped it as it's not fit for purpose and get your money back. Good luck

Best to get legal advice before scrapping as the dealer could argue they've not had a chance to inspect/fix the issue... good luck