Sign in to follow this  
david gott

Trusted mechanic in Carlisle area

Need a trusted mechanic Carlisle area if anyone can recommend? sold a Jimny a couple of weeks ago, customer rang to let us know gearbox has packed in, the garage has quoted a fortune to the customer, it’s only got 20k miles on the clock and it’s an elderly lady, We’ve said we’ll get it ourselves and bring back to South Yorkshire but if anyone is local before we do, please let us know, thanks, David 

31 minutes ago, david gott said:

Need a trusted mechanic Carlisle area if anyone can recommend? sold a Jimny a couple of weeks ago, customer rang to let us know gearbox has packed in, the garage has quoted a fortune to the customer, it’s only got 20k miles on the clock and it’s an elderly lady, We’ve said we’ll get it ourselves and bring back to South Yorkshire but if anyone is local before we do, please let us know, thanks, David 

David if we sell one to Cumbria and have problems we go and get them as unfortunately they don't work for peanuts unlike us in the North East.

There are some good 4x4 (Land Rover) lads at Brampton supposedly, bit rough and ready but don't turn work away. I cant remember their name but i can get it if you like?

Our local gearbox repairer runs a SJ410 pickup himself, i can recommend him to repair it.

A bit off topic but lads, get a Return to Base clause in those warranties!

Not so bad if local but I used to hate selling cars far away.

Jimnys are really really overrated then. New £13K, 10 years old Cap Clean £7500. To have better residuals you have to be a Renaissance French artist...

Just now, Nick M.K. said:

Jimnys are really really overrated then. New £13K, 10 years old Cap Clean £7500. To have better residuals you have to be a Renaissance French artist...

Shhh don't tell everyone!

• Like 1

We have  had a PX Jimny in today , 65k on clock 53 plate had it from new :o, lady said if you take the radio out for me you can call it quits cos its failed its MOT and its not worth anything :ph34r: she even had the original radio bless her .

Failed on tyres , brake pipes , wipers , and lights . 

Its fixed now with MOT .  Put it on AT and Sold it in 40 mins  ,  Gone to two guys wanting a 4X4 fun in the woods car " No warranty there then ", £1,400 :ph34r: "Unreal " even left the tape on the sun roof so they didn't get wet when it sinks :D 

£20 on wipers and bulbs , £150 on tyres , 4ft of Brake pipe , litre of brake fluid , £30 MOT and a wash , Bargain 

Just wandered in this morning looked at a little car , and left 30 mins later , Bonus day today :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, david gott said:

Cecil street auto repairs 01228599688 Dave Mason.

17 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

A bit off topic but lads, get a Return to Base clause in those warranties!

/\ /\ /\ This ..................

13 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

/\ /\ /\ And this 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a bit of a trek, (I'm near Kendal) but I take any gearbox problems that are drivable to Preston Transmissions - always been well-priced and quick.