Sign in to follow this  
Ozz

AutoTrader is over price

Hi you all know that auto trader is a rip off.

Some how we all need to work together to bring the prices down.

I have joined eBay motor pro and car gurus its working great.

I have cancel my auto Trader package this week. I'm sick and tired of autotrader keep putting their prices up every year. We all need to cancel auto Trader account. We need to protest outside Auto Traders head office in Manchester.

Does anyone feel the same way? Can we force a change? To ease the pocket in such turbulent financial Times?

1 minute ago, Ozz said:

We need to protest outside Auto Traders head office in Manchester.

Does anyone feel the same way? Can we force a change? To ease the pocket in such turbulent financial Times?

See you there in the morning, my next door neighbours house is up for sale, I shall steal the for sale sign and paint it with white paint and write on it in black paint...

”Autotrader = Thieves”

Actually... can you pick me up, I sold my car this morning on Autotrader. 

:lol:

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Ozz said:

I have cancel my auto Trader package this week. I'm sick and tired of autotrader keep putting their prices up every year. We all need to cancel auto Trader account. We need to protest outside Auto Traders head office in Manchester.

Bloody hell, this is all news to me but I'm with you brother. Let's march.

54 minutes ago, Ozz said:

Turn it in. Embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, Stalker said:

See you there in the morning, my next door neighbours house is up for sale, I shall steal the for sale sign and paint it with white paint and write on it in black paint...

”Autotrader = Thieves”

Actually... can you pick me up, I sold my car this morning on Autotrader. 

:lol:

advanced comedy level- gold sir:D

2 hours ago, Ozz said:

So great you have time to burn your bra. 

I would be with you but sadly I am committed to the bring Tesco down as they have put milk up again this year. 

“Hi you all know that auto trader is a rip off”.

Yes and we know the govt have fcucked us all with Brexit
old news,
for years traders have threatened to boycott it but nothing happens, if your not happy do as lots of us have and leave, don’t threaten them cus they don’t care,  just pull the plug. But if it works for you and costs say less then £150 per sale then stay. I personally hate them but as a business they are good and my Autotrader shares keep going up...

7 hours ago, justina3 said:

So great you have time to burn your bra. 

I would be with you but sadly I am committed to the bring Tesco down as they have put milk up again this year. 

I'm with you. Do you know my local Tesco's pizza counter no longer give you the option of having olives on your pizza but yet sell olives in store. And Ozz thinks he has problems.

1 hour ago, sparky said:

I'm with you. Do you know my local Tesco's pizza counter no longer give you the option of having olives on your pizza but yet sell olives in store. And Ozz thinks he has problems.

I cant even speak to you anymore how dare you raise the olives on pizza argument on a family friendly forum.

1 hour ago, sparky said:

Olives are devils eyes.....

Tescos stopped selling Twinnings afternoon tea (yellow packe) and now I have to make a special trip to Waitrose to buy tea.

What about middle lane hoggers..... and those countries which don’t eat pork...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I cant even speak to you anymore how dare you raise the olives on pizza argument on a family friendly forum.

I can no longer keep this in. My name is mark and I love Olives, so much in fact, that when I buy my pizza in Tesco (without Olives) I then need to add the finest Olives off the deli counter and turn my nose up at the value Olives.

11 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Olives are devils eyes.....

Tescos stopped selling Twinnings afternoon tea (yellow packe) and now I have to make a special trip to Waitrose to buy tea.

What about middle lane hoggers..... and those countries which don’t eat pork...

Primula in a tube, what's that all about?

Right..... I'm on the Megabus from Newcastle to Manchester, I'm due to arrive at 16.45pm.

Who else is going?

14 minutes ago, Stalker said:

Right..... I'm on the Megabus from Newcastle to Manchester, I'm due to arrive at 16.45pm.

Who else is going?

I’m flying back as we speak (chartered my own Concord) and am designing a strongly worded banner with colourful crayons....

We all hate the Autotrader bill Ozz that's for sure . Well those of that use them anyway . 

I think it depends a lot on a few selling skills and what stock type a trader sells as to if AT is worth the investment each month , lots make it work some don't .

I see it as a business decision investment to trade with Autotrader . If it doesn't work each month and doesn't make YOU a decent profit then its not for you , 

It works very well for us indeed i hate / love  to say , but AT is without doubt the leading site and has been for lots of years , THEY know that fact as well as lots of us traders . 

Its called supply and demand , if I was in charge of AT it would be £100 extra , what would you charge ? if your cars were flying out faster than you could buy them they would be £100 extra on the screen . 

What ever method you chose to sell /advertise your own stock is very personal to your stock levels , expectations of earnings , profit margins you work on , type of stock , where you are located , type of customer you need or want to attract , so many variations that will affect any business decisions you make . 

So as much as I wish my AT bill was less than £2,800 a month that it is , as a business it earns a lot more than that number and I mean a lot more , I have tried other ways and for US it didn't work but for many other for what ever reason it does work , If I ditch AT I would not earn the amount of money I do so although £2800 is a fair chunk of money its a tiny expense at the side of the profits , pure business decision simple as that 

So Ozz I'm out and wont be joining your protest march to Manchester , got some cars to sell . 

All the best though and i really am pleased Ebay pro and Car guru is working for you as its not a system I could say the same about unfortunately as it didn't work for us . 

Not easy out there just now keeping it earning and you have to make the best choices for your own business 

31 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

We all hate the Autotrader bill Ozz that's for sure . Well those of that use them anyway . 

I think it depends a lot on a few selling skills and what stock type a trader sells as to if AT is worth the investment each month , lots make it work some don't .

I see it as a business decision investment to trade with Autotrader . If it doesn't work each month and doesn't make YOU a decent profit then its not for you , 

It works very well for us indeed i hate / love  to say , but AT is without doubt the leading site and has been for lots of years , THEY know that fact as well as lots of us traders . 

Its called supply and demand , if I was in charge of AT it would be £100 extra , what would you charge ? if your cars were flying out faster than you could buy them they would be £100 extra on the screen . 

What ever method you chose to sell /advertise your own stock is very personal to your stock levels , expectations of earnings , profit margins you work on , type of stock , where you are located , type of customer you need or want to attract , so many variations that will affect any business decisions you make . 

So as much as I wish my AT bill was less than £2,800 a month that it is , as a business it earns a lot more than that number and I mean a lot more , I have tried other ways and for US it didn't work but for many other for what ever reason it does work , If I ditch AT I would not earn the amount of money I do so although £2800 is a fair chunk of money its a tiny expense at the side of the profits , pure business decision simple as that 

So Ozz I'm out and wont be joining your protest march to Manchester , got some cars to sell . 

All the best though and i really am pleased Ebay pro and Car guru is working for you as its not a system I could say the same about unfortunately as it didn't work for us . 

Not easy out there just now keeping it earning and you have to make the best choices for your own business 

A very good post, as usual. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, EPV said:

Can only agree here, the headlines of big savings are the stuff of moist dreams especially if it means less outgoings for better service (more sales)... but it'll always be motivated stock profile, regions and billies you target with the stock.. horses and courses..

But, I does make an interesting read and is certainly a business cost to be researched with each sale as those stats come in handy year end/renewal time.. Discussing this thread offline, it became obvious all I spoke too remember AT on the newsagent shelf.. so its therefore there "go to" for cars for sale.. change to a young audience.. What is AT weekly mag?? its all on their phone ... 

Comes back to stock profile = likely billy profile = where the car is best placed to sell!

I know fk all about marketing or e commerce (would love to know more) so learning as I read all the threads and thoughts here... thanks for sharing!

40 minutes ago, EPV said:

+1

As I 've said for many years ! If it doesn't work - bin it ! its a 'choice' 

• Like 1

I don't think any of us particular like autotrader and the problem is people take it to personal this is purely a business descision, if your not getting return on investment stop shopping there and shop elsewhere.

i do advertise on autotrader and others and do really wish somebody could knock them of their perch, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

they are more likely to do it to themselves if they keep cluttering up their website them selves and joe bloggs gets fed up with it and stops using it because it's to messy and often slows down

2 hours ago, David Horgan said:

shame really,there was sticky buns and everything for the journey too

If autotrader slashed 50% off prices, im sure all that would happen is three times as many dealer would rejoin (listing 3 times as many cars) and everyone would suffer, just my thoughts. They keep prices high for a reason not just their profits 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

shame really,there was sticky buns and everything for the journey too

Too much sugar in sticky buns Jason for me :lol: 

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Autotrader thread no. 2438443848394939 :rolleyes:

Never ending , It will go on & On & On &ON omg that sounds like Celine Dion song , think it was her anyway :)

Right I'm here, where is everyone?

Howay Ozz!

I had to pay extra to get my sign on the bus! :lol:

Stuff it....... i need a new car, I'm gonna look on Autotrader now..........

Edited by Stalker