Sign in to follow this  
RJEauto

Car Gurus

Hi All,

Never had any luck with the free Car Gurus but recently were upgraded for a month as a "free trial". Had a few leads including phone calls and one sale.

Now the trial is over they're pushing for us to continue using this paid package which I would like to do however I'm not sure the price they are quoting is competitive. For those using paid Car Gurus packages, is it worth while / are you getting quality leads and deals? For those who don't mind sharing what are you paying per month, feel free to PM me? We stock roughly 20 cars so the quote they've given is based on this.

Thanks, Kelly

Am on the paid package and get a fair few enquires and a couple of sales a month at least  

We have a few cars on Car Gurus in with our Click Dealer package.We have done few from that.So we have signed up to a enhanced package with them for 20 cars at £260 p/m 

• Like 1

We were on the free package and were selling from it. Took the plunge and signed up for their 12 month contract at 260pm (20 cars) and the enquires stopped. Literally stopped. It was so bad in fact, or account manager tried to get us out of contract which didn't happen. We duly paid until the end, with little/no change. 

Few months after coming out of contract, we appeared on their site again, on the free package, and we are back to selling cars off it and get a measurable amount of leads from it too. 

Its a funny old game, advertising! 

I'm on the free package, and will be staying on it. It generates some leads, but only as their standard email template. I always respond (and do so quickly) but rarely get a response. sold a couple off it this year, which is a fair result for free advertising.

Got quoted £180 yesterday for 10 cars and £260 for 25 cars  both inc VAT 

They are after customers because of the TV adverts . 

The free responses we get because of the clickdealer feed have never worked for us really . Car Guru told me yesterday you can expect 2 to 4 sales a year from the free feed . 

I hate the fact that they tell customers how long youv'e had the car in stock and explained it actually makes you rude on the phone to customers . EG : Whats the best price because you have had the car in 24 days :rolleyes: My answer goes " well I like it :blink:" shuts that down :P.

27 minutes ago, MattR said:

I'm on the free package, and will be staying on it. It generates some leads, but only as their standard email template. I always respond (and do so quickly) but rarely get a response. sold a couple off it this year, which is a fair result for free advertising.

I was told the free feed adverts have email responses that can go in customers junk file , because of the reply content . Never did work out what content gets junked though .

BUT Ive always had better results if i send "Thanks for the response , please ring 01######### regards David" , if you mention eg ;Sales , Car , Web Site , SEAT/ Renault  So & So , my email is blah blah , I reckon the system picks key words out and shoots them into junk land , but thats just my own theory . 

2 minutes ago, MSP Motors said:

Pretty sure there is no Vat on the price.

There is VAT on the price , its just quoted as inc VAT and not plus VAT 

Ok, Maybe your invoice is different to mine, but they have an Irish vat number on my invoice and use the vat reverse charge scheme which means effectively I can't claim Vat off the amount charged.

1 hour ago, MSP Motors said:

Ok, Maybe your invoice is different to mine, but they have an Irish vat number on my invoice and use the vat reverse charge scheme which means effectively I can't claim Vat off the amount charged.

This. 

23 hours ago, trade vet said:

We have a few cars on Car Gurus in with our Click Dealer package.We have done few from that.So we have signed up to a enhanced package with them for 20 cars at £260 p/m 

Should have said 25 cars

FREE Package for me: All of my stock now has an automatic overlay of the company logo on each picture (thanks to CD5).  I am not convinced that people actually receive my response to their enquiry, so the genuinely interested ones who have a bit of nouse about them, can easily locate the car/my business and have done on occassion and bought.

The ones you never hear back from or don't make any effort to find you have either never seen your reply, didn't really exist or weren't really that interested.

What kind of lead is "I am interested in your car."  I know it is a standard thing but add some text to it, because that statement/lead is like they're just making a confession.

I have been on there free package for over 2 years and again suffer from the great and many inquiry that you can contact 2-3 times and never hear from them at all, I was contacted to go on there package and this was 2 weeks and not much of an improvement in anything, 

CG leave it optional for there customers replying to car dealers to chose to include there phone number or just provide there e-mail, Well a lead without a phone number is not really a lead is it, I questions the account manager at the end of the 2 weeks and argued that my package then is basically buying me access to leads with phone numbers IF they want to provide there phone number............................   is that the only difference the paid for package gets you???

I must admit i was seeing my cars splattered all over the place on Banner adds when searching for car parts, Clothes, Holidays, Home improvements, ect ect

Thank you all for your responses.

Think we will be politely declining at the offered £335 p/month for 12 months for 20 cars but may consider if they can re-think the price :)

I think you’re right to decline at that price. I would want less commitment too. There’s a lot that can change in 12 months.

Interesting thread , I'm on free package too LOTS of leads that I reply to with our number and rarely get a reply. Was talking to them today think a 6month deal around £200 for 12 cars is possible ...going to have a look at my AT costs as the half price deal ending soon. 

I signed up with them last month, didn't want to sign for a year , ended up getting a 6 month deal for 10 cars at £149 all in .

sold 3 through them since signing up .

They want market share, name your  price and see if they accept. Good company will go far and in ten years we will be moaning about their bills when AT don't exist. 

I know they target certain towns and keywords on Google and ramp up the leads when they're doing a sales push from free to paid in certain areas, then move the spend onto new areas when they've signed up a load of dealers, sounds like a canny plan just moving the leads around to new dealers but not sold a one yet from free listing, been quoted £540 for up to 40 cars in January, then £360 as an intro offer for same amount of cars last week so as Rory says I'd name your price

I must be due an upsell call this week, 6 car gurus leads since Monday. And not one of them has replied to my email. how mysterious.

We're giving it a chance anyway. Managed to do £260 pmonth for 20 cars for 6 months.