I'm NOT Complaining at all...

BUT What's happening to the motor trade , particularly the new car dealers [ Franchised ] , I don't know if it's the sales staff or the management , but I am very grateful as they are doing me a massive favour in obtaining some very, very nice cars.

But I was under the impression that WE as dealers should be making it easy for the customer to buy a new car , easy changeover ALL in one easy transaction ?  Let me get to the point ' Cash for cars' lot of dealers are moaning that they can't get their hand on nice, genuine cars, seems lots selling to 'cash for cars' type website here are a few extracts from my conversations with customers who I have bought cars from

·         Land Rover Dealer - to customer with a desirable BMW " You're better off selling it yourself , we won't give you the best price for your car , I suggest WBAC "

·         Mercedes Dealer to the customer with a Volvo " we will only sell your car to the trade i suggest you sell it yourself as you'll get more than my boss will give you "

·         Skoda Dealer " sell it to WBAC  We don't really want it - A very desirable one owner Nissan , whilst i was collecting the Nissan his daughter came out and said would you be interested in the Audi A3 , I Said funnily enough I was just going to say I'd be interested when it comes for sale - She explained she was in the Audi dealer the day before having an MOT and asked how much against new/x-demo A3 - They told her " sell it yourself it's done too many miles and we wouldn't really give her the best price "

- It's an A3 2.0TDI S Line Black Edition S-Tronic 2011- With 45000 miles FASH -

·         I can give various other examples , what is going on with the dealers ? As I've said I'm not complaining as I'm getting some amazing cars but seems the dealers expect the customers to do all the work and simply sit there order taking !

·         any Thoughts ? 

• Like 1

Maybe independent dealers have got sick of buying mis-described car that they have underwritten for Main Dealers. With no money in new cars or demo's it must hurt when a trader refuses a p/x or wants a £500 chip on the price. Cars are so technical now yet the average main dealer salesman will claim they don't have the time or not care enough to drive it. A quick look at dealer-auction will tell you how some dealers view their p/x vehicles, forums tell stories of dealers picking up poorly described vehicle. Maybe the party is over for Main Dealers!!!!

A few years ago £200-£300 could bring a car with a hidden fault  to retail standard now you can spend that just trying to find a fault.

• Like 2