Sign in to follow this  
Dealer

Eerily Quiet Or Is It Just Me?

22 hours ago, Mark101 said:

2 Walk ons today and 2 dippers taken.

3 on the board for April so far.

Dinner and lap dancing on you then on the 11th then......

13 minutes ago, DBDlloyds said:

Dinner and lap dancing on you then on the 11th then......

I will stick £20's in your knickers Dean :lol:

2 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

busy sales last week

dead sales this week

jobs booked in not turned up [service / mot ] 

good job i am a millionaire :lol:

Same here really, this week was flat only a couple of tyre kickers and thats it. 

So flat here I've only had tyre kickers kicking the flat tyres! 

Been very quiet here for a couple of weeks really , still sold some but not the usual buzz in last couple of weeks .

Today I came prepared to drink coffee , catch up , have a chat , Being Mothers day 

BUT had one guy waiting for me this morning , two calls as I unlocked and they came too an hour later . Two people decided to collect today instead of in the morning 

So sold 3 and they left the building , with the two collections we lost five in two  half hours . 

Result , No coffee , No chat , Should of finished early today for family lunch but now waiting for another customer . " I cant say no :D

Never tell in this job can you , No pattern, no reason , just either flat out or stationary .  

Hope it picks up for you that's having it slow , 

• Like 3

March finished up on 18 retail, plus around half a dozen trade deals. 

Saturday was a nice finish, two sales, two purchased and a hand over. Not bad considering theres only one of us in on Saturdays between 11am and 4pm I felt like I'd earned my Coronas that night :)

Two on the board for April so far and a nice line of on-going enquiries. 

Stevie

It's still quiet here in Northampton! 2 deals in 2 weeks. I hear others in the town also quiet.

I just don't get it. 95% of my stock showing good price and more stock than i've had for 12 months.

I think AT are up to their old tricks. A couple of enquiries asking 'is this still for sale'. Phoned and emailed back but no response. This only seems to happen when it's quiet!

i had a maybe in the future buyer today so thats put food on the table today :huh:

I do work for quite a few dealers, you busy ones are lucky. In some area's "even the liars are doing no good" that was a quote Geoff Warren gave me about 40 years ago.

As a dent guy I am doing alright as an importer prices have had to go up but the sales side of that are holding strong.

13 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

The whole country is on pause.

Very true in the case of actual buyers but how come the email arseholes don’t take a day off? If anything they’ve been busier than usual with their shit offers & idle email chitchat which you can see from the outset is going nowhere.

Today’s ULEZ news seemed to have helped motivate some people with EV and PHEV enquires, 8 leads on used stock cars, one sold, one coming tomorrow to view and show PX.  

To be fair the other 6 sound like they will drop out.

As said is seems quiet across the board, have had a few fleet sales people and aftermarket accessory companies cold calling us today looking for business.  

March was awful. April started off very well. 2 away April 1st, enquiries on almost all cars, it was like everyone had come out of hiding. Our most expensive car sold on the 9th, now it's back to dead again. Prices have been dropped a bit, photos and text reshuffled, now a waiting game again.

There's no ease or "home free" in this job. 

We were going fine until the 8th and then it has just gone dead, no enquiries, not even the timewasters.

Historically April has always been a poor month for us so I'm not expecting much.

I've also found this year that sales are coming in batches, could do nothing for a week then 6 in 2-3 days. 

39 minutes ago, DHill said:

We were going fine until the 8th and then it has just gone dead, no enquiries, not even the timewasters.

Historically April has always been a poor month for us so I'm not expecting much.

I've also found this year that sales are coming in batches, could do nothing for a week then 6 in 2-3 days. 

^^Pretty much same for us. Busy March and busy 1st week of April. But this week has completely and utterly died. All we have had is a few fake emails from CG, and strangely,  2 or 3 no show appointments, which rarely ever happens to us. Hope it picks up, but Easter has never been a busy period for me, and May has always been quieter than April over the years for some reason. Also have started to destock non ulez compliant diesels now. Really starting to feel the negativity towards them, which is a shame as half the local grubs we deal with don't even know where London is, let alone drive there.

59 minutes ago, Tony F said:

Also have started to destock non ulez compliant diesels now. Really starting to feel the negativity towards them, which is a shame as half the local grubs we deal with don't even know where London is, let alone drive there.

London ULEZ zone; I’m in the north east & I was told this week by a punter on an old Renault (greedy scum) that I should be grateful to get any interest at all in diesel cars & should take any offer (this was about 2 minutes before I chased this peasant away from the premises). 

He also added that diesels are outlawed in 3 years time in Scotland. I answered “Really? Just as well we’re not in Scotland then, isn’t it?”. Pitiful.

Dead today.

Just a CF 247 enquiry that will probably lead to nothing

On the subject of CF247 I had one on the go earlier in the week on a little Pug 108

All done my end then heard nothing. I called CF247 next day asking what the hold up was. They told me customer will e sign tonight.

Next day called them again and was told customer had signed it's with payout

Later that day they called me to say customer has lost phone on a business trip so can't complete payout. It will be sorted next week.

What a load of bullshit! 

A CF247 customer on 'a business trip'? not exactly the type of customer profile that springs to mind when dealing with CF247. maybe the business trip involved scoring a bit of gear down the local estate and he got mugged for his phone.

Anyway hope that deal comes through for you