Raj M

Vauxhall insignia limp mode but no fault code

10 hours ago, Raj M said:

Dave2302 - Well I had to admit after all I work for an automotive OEM and I know much better than you do as I create all those diagnostics codes, some of those codes are invisible on dealer tools, though different manufacturers use different strategies. I didn’t use cheap 5pish obd reader it was snap on versus edge worth  £4000 yet there was no code,  the car was still driveable, clearly this was RNF/CBD.

Guess what RNF/CBD  is? I bet you won’t have no clue what that is? Apologies, this isn’t a disrespect to other people in this forum.

Yeah... well... my Dad's 'arder than your Dad.

11 hours ago, Raj M said:

Dave2302 - Well I had to admit after all I work for an automotive OEM and I know much better than you do as I create all those diagnostics codes, some of those codes are invisible on dealer tools, though different manufacturers use different strategies. I didn’t use cheap 5pish obd reader it was snap on versus edge worth  £4000 yet there was no code,  the car was still driveable, clearly this was RNF/CBD.

Guess what RNF/CBD  is? I bet you won’t have no clue what that is? Apologies, this isn’t a disrespect to other people in this forum.

D'ya know what, I was gonna type a load of derogatory semi amusing abuse, but that just makes me the cunt !!

I'd rather go spend my time helping someone who actually appreciates it and makes an effort to understand what I'm telling them, instead of coming back with some meaningless back to front twaddle like this shit .......................

Quote:-  So your point is that whenever EML light comes on, it doesn’t necessarily mean you would get an error code? If that’s the case I strongly disagree with you and most probably you know nothing about onboard diagnostics.

Agree with everything all the other members have already said since Detroit's finest programmer's last post especially re pissing around with an old Vauxhall Insignia and uses Snap On Diagnostic, shock horror a whole £4k worth ........................

Clearly he's smoking / snorting / injecting his CBD in vast quantities  big%20laugh.gif

I hope the Popcorn and Drinks weren't too disappointing ;) 

Full Stop 

1 hour ago, Mojo121 said:
11 hours ago, Raj M said:

Yeah... well... my Dad's 'arder than your Dad.

Succinctly put :)

Edited by Dave2302

This is why I like this forum....taking the piss, apologies Dave if was rude and was not clear enough.

Each car company have their own diagnostics strategy in recent years, some will put warning light just as a heads up to the driver (say engine oil max temp threshold is set to 120deg, due to cooling system issue the temp is about to reach max threshold and is now @ 115deg, a warning light will be put on to make the driver aware, and to discourage him from driving further, once the temp goes back to normal or on the next ignition cycle that warning code will disappear, this is called RNF ( Return to normal function)). 

I obviously don’t work for vauxhall, so don’t know much about it and it was my mates car (2008), not sure though ten years back all OEM’s had same strategy, that’s why I wanted find out in this forum.

Thank you for the responses.

Edited by Raj M
Update

Nicely swerved, just like Pele!

16 hours ago, Raj M said:

This is why I like this forum....taking the piss, apologies Dave if was rude and was not clear enough.

Each car company have their own diagnostics strategy in recent years, some will put warning light just as a heads up to the driver (say engine oil max temp threshold is set to 120deg, due to cooling system issue the temp is about to reach max threshold and is now @ 115deg, a warning light will be put on to make the driver aware, and to discourage him from driving further, once the temp goes back to normal or on the next ignition cycle that warning code will disappear, this is called RNF ( Return to normal function)). 

I obviously don’t work for vauxhall, so don’t know much about it and it was my mates car (2008), not sure though ten years back all OEM’s had same strategy, that’s why I wanted find out in this forum.

Thank you for the responses.

If you actually believe that then you are obviously still living in the Dark Ages :rolleyes:

Edited by Dave2302

On 26/03/2019 at 8:47 PM, Stalker said:

Excellent, that’s it fixed then. 

I seem to have missed this post, probably because it’s a Vauxhall...

BTW, lmfao !! 

I love Cars that fix themselves. 

Edited by Arfur Dealy

12 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I seem to have missed this post, probably because isn’t a Vauxhall...

BTW, lmfao !! 

I live Cars that fix themselves. 

you live them

i love them

no capital letters were hurt in the making of this post :D

16 minutes ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

you live them

i love them

no capital letters were hurt in the making of this post :D

I love my edit button......

Is the engine light on?

Cars are a mystery.

A mate had a Civic 2.2cdti and he didn't close the fuel cap properly and air went in... It triggered the engine light!

Saying that I have had issues where there has been no engine light or fault code but car been in limp doggy mode and this can be due to a small split in a pipe or a connector not fully on.

Take it to a garage and let a proper mechanic look at it. 

8 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Take it to a garage and let a proper mechanic look at it. 

This in a nutshell. Proper diagnosis. 

36 minutes ago, tradex said:

:lol::lol::lol: 

24 minutes ago, tradex said:

Image result for little tikes car .....I do like this one though

29 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/YFc7bbKXPKZDVa416

I saw that one being recovered.

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Image result for little tikes car .....I do like this one though

I was going to get 1 of these for my daughter but after reading all these bad comments about eml light coming on but no fault codes I'm not taking the risk. Just imagine if it cuts out while going around the park in it:(

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tony911 said:

I was going to get 1 of these for my daughter but after reading all these bad comments about eml light coming on but no fault codes I'm not taking the risk. Just imagine if it cuts out while going around the park in it:(

Aren't they on recall for failing the elk test,,,?

4 hours ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

Aren't they on recall for failing the elk test,,,?

I've got one stuck in limp mode and no code showing?:D

That'll be the RNF :lol: especially if the "Little Tykes" is using Bosch management :D

OK, lets be serious for 5 seconds regarding RNF

FWIW most Mfrs use RNF these days, that's how (on a decent Diag Machine you get "historic" codes), which of course certain Machines don't show ..................

The fault has disappeared after a few Drive Cycles, so the ECU, (if it's one that is capable) will then file the Code in the Historic Codes.

Mercedes and others call this the "Event Log", and Star Diagnostic, (SDS), shows a little (f) for a historic / intermittent , a big (F) for current code, and for a really old or certain other stuff (f) becomes (i) for Info, which is still found in the Event Log.

This is how a mfr knows if you've been playing with a cheap / lesser Diag Machine, because although you might have cleared a present Code, it will still be stored in the Event Log, along with over revved etc etc, (all Make dependent of course) ;)

My Snap On never used to show Historics, which is why I went for all the Dealer Level Kit, but I notice since Snap On update in Jan that it now does show some Historics on some models ;)

Still what the fuck do I know, I know fuck all :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Dave2302
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

That'll be the RNF :lol: especially if the "Little Tykes" is using Bosch management :D

OK, lets be serious for 5 seconds regarding RNF

FWIW most Mfrs use RNF these days, that's how (on a decent Diag Machine you get "historic" codes), which of course certain Machines don't show ..................

The fault has disappeared after a few Drive Cycles, so the ECU, (if it's one that is capable) will then file the Code in the Historic Codes.

Mercedes and others call this the "Event Log", and Star Diagnostic, (SDS), shows a little (f) for a historic / intermittent , a big (F) for current code, and for a really old or certain other stuff (f) becomes (i) for Info, which is still found in the Event Log.

This is how a mfr knows if you've been playing with a cheap / lesser Diag Machine, because although you might have cleared a present Code, it will still be stored in the Event Log, along with over revved etc etc, (all Make dependent of course) ;)

My Snap On never used to show Historics, which is why I went for all the Dealer Level Kit, but I notice since Snap On update in Jan that it now does show some Historics on some models ;)

Still what the fuck do I know, I know fuck all :lol: :lol: :lol: