Raj M

Vauxhall insignia limp mode but no fault code

Vauxhall insignia 2009 saloon stuck in limp mode, engine management light on but no fault code???

After an ignition cycle (turn ignition off and turn it back on) everything seems to have returned to normal........ 

Possible DPF soot accumulation? Has anyone experienced similar issue before?

Edited by Raj M

I assume you are only reading it with a basic obd code reader. I would recommend you putting it on a better machine. If the light is on there will be a code somewhere although it could be in the instrument cluster or traction control modules.

Eventually the light had disappeared after turning ignition off and on again

1 hour ago, Raj M said:

Eventually the light had disappeared after turning ignition off and on again

Excellent, that’s it fixed then. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stalker said:

:Dlmfao

11 hours ago, Stalker said:

11 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

:Dlmfao

1 hour ago, BHM said:

:lol:

Fuckin Priceless :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On 26/03/2019 at 9:09 PM, Raj M said:

engine management light on but no fault code???

I'd like a squid for every time some moron has told me that :D

When will the inept and electromechanically challenged pillocks finally realise that if the light is / has been on there WILL be a Fault Code ....................

FFS :rolleyes:

And no, I'm not going to waste my time explaining !!

So your point is that whenever EML light comes on, it doesn’t necessarily mean you would get an error code? If that’s the case I strongly disagree with you and most probably you know nothing about onboard diagnostics.

Its a OBD legal requirement that car also generated error codes when check engine light illuminates. Probably last boy was right I may be using basic OBD reader. 

40 minutes ago, Raj M said:

So your point is that whenever EML light comes on, it doesn’t necessarily mean you would get an error code?

For fucks sake mate, what part of ..........

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

there WILL be a Fault Code

don't you understand ???

Leave it to the professionals who have decent Diagnostic Equipment !!

22 minutes ago, tradex said:

Well, it's true after all, I learn something every day

;)

/\ /\ /\ LIKE

40 minutes ago, Raj M said:

most probably you know nothing about onboard diagnostics.

Muppet !! It's obvious to me that my Cat knows more than you do :rolleyes:

Edited by Dave2302

6 minutes ago, met said:

What code reader is the OP using?

A simple kick of the tyre is his preferred tool.

8 minutes ago, Stalker said:

A simple kick of the tyre is his preferred tool.

LOL

16 minutes ago, met said:

What code reader is the OP using?

$5 Chinese OBD pish most likely ;)

2 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

LOL

$5 Chinese OBD pish most likely ;)

They're the ones that repair the car as well as turn off the light?:D

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

Ha brill- does it do a cat scan?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

Ha brill- does it do a cat scan?

Very quick and very funny

52 minutes ago, tradex said:

Yes, and its the purrrrfect tool for the job

Would you go as far as to call it the cat's whiskers?

• Like 1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just asked him and he said Vauxhalls owners go to the Vets to get their CAT diagnosed

If the car has gone into limp mode with no light, there is a strong possibility the car has been re mapped and told to not bring the eml on. I had a merc doing this and was driving me nuts for weeks and weeks. Turned out we remapped it back to standard and there was a few codes. Turned out to be an oxygen sensor.

We spent £££ on it getting it to this point.

On 26/03/2019 at 9:09 PM, Raj M said:

Vauxhall insignia 2009 saloon stuck in limp mode, engine management light on but no fault code???

Nah, my Cat is the retard for saying there is no Code .............

22 hours ago, Raj M said:

So your point is that whenever EML light comes on, it doesn’t necessarily mean you would get an error code?

22 hours ago, Raj M said:

most probably you know nothing about onboard diagnostics.

21 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

LOL, @Grantlfc81

I think we all know what the problem is :D

Yeah I agree with you tho, there are some right muppets out there doing Remaps................

But in this instance I'd like a £ for every time a Billy with a cheapo OBD pish reader has told me he doesn't want to pay for diagnostic because there is no codes in his Car, but the light is on .......................

5 minutes on even the humble Snap On reveals a shopping list of Codes .....................

To sum it up "the light is on but no one is in" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Dave2302

13 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

If the car has gone into limp mode with no light, there is a strong possibility the car has been re mapped and told to not bring the eml on. I had a merc doing this and was driving me nuts for weeks and weeks. Turned out we remapped it back to standard and there was a few codes. Turned out to be an oxygen sensor.

We spent £££ on it getting it to this point.

Too true.... this is happening more and more with incompetent mechanics, deleting fault codes to fix a problem!

I don't mind when they delete a fault code on a rear lambda sensor for an aging cat, however when its a boost/air/egr fault that displays a loss of power, its a piss take.

• Like 1

Dave2302 - Well I had to admit after all I work for an automotive OEM and I know much better than you do as I create all those diagnostics codes, some of those codes are invisible on dealer tools, though different manufacturers use different strategies. I didn’t use cheap 5pish obd reader it was snap on versus edge worth  £4000 yet there was no code,  the car was still driveable, clearly this was RNF/CBD.

Guess what RNF/CBD  is? I bet you won’t have no clue what that is? Apologies, this isn’t a disrespect to other people in this forum.

Edited by Raj M

5 hours ago, Raj M said:

Dave2302 - Well I had to admit after all I work for an automotive OEM and I know much better than you do as I create all those diagnostics codes, some of those codes are invisible on dealer tools, though different manufacturers use different strategies. I didn’t use cheap 5pish obd reader it was snap on versus edge worth  £4000 yet there was no code,  the car was still driveable, clearly this was RNF/CBD.

Guess what RNF/CBD  is? I bet you won’t have no clue what that is? Apologies, this isn’t a disrespect to other people in this forum.

Sorry.... you work for an OEM creating diagnostic codes.... but your pissing about with :-

a. An Insignia

and 

b. Snap on diagnostics

And you came on here asking for help? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Raj M said:

This shall be good.

Bookmarked

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, twerp said:

This shall be good.

Bookmarked

The popcorn and ice cream are ready here too :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Raj M said:

Dave2302 :o