Handjamjack

Consumer rights - valid reason for rejecting a car within 30 days

12 minutes ago, sellect2 said:

That sounds like sabotage.....

I must agree with you there , I think so too .

1 hour ago, andymc1973 said:

smash her back doors in (whilst opening her bonnet)

^^^^

39 minutes ago, Handjamjack said:

The saga continues - just had a call from the person in question, it appears that the car made a loud bang when they tried to start it today and now it won't start at all and please can they have their money back.....

WOW... Sounds like yo have a right cracker-jack there.

So, its now your responsibility to go and collect the car and inspect it before anything else is said.

Also whilst you have her car, offer her a bit less than she paid for it and sell it to someone else.

27 minutes ago, sellect2 said:

That sounds like sabotage.....

I'm getting an independent mechanic to collect the car and examine in situ just in case there's any jiggery pokery going on - of course it could be coincidental.

Film it as it's collected, and every step of the way is my advice ................

Someone has clued this split arse up !! My money is on sabotage !!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Someone has clued this split arse up !!

David.... This is not politically correct :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stalker said:

David.... This is not politically correct :lol:

I never have been ........... I'm noted for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Dave2302 said:

I never have been ........... I'm noted for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm watching Good Morning Britain this morning and there is a debate about "firemen" and fireman Sam and how its not fair on Women!

3 minutes ago, Stalker said:

I'm watching Good Morning Britain this morning and there is a debate about "firemen" and fireman Sam and how its not fair on Women!

Firewoman Samantha didn't think it was unfair (when she had blonde haired fireman Pete's cock in her mouth) :ph34r: 

Edited by Dave2302

14 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Firewoman Samantha didn't think it was unfair (when she had blonde haired fireman Pete's cock in her mouth) :ph34r: 

Heck, whoever would have thought this would lead to Fireman Sam - Naughty Norman would have something to say about this. 

Sounds all too much of a coincidence now, as suggested document and film it all to cover yourself here, sounds like a right nut job! Best rid of it as I would hazard a guess whatever is "fixed" something else will only go wrong further down the line.. If they have some tw*t advising them, then rest assured they will aim to get their monies worth out of you plus giving you the run around and probably get refunded.. T*ssers...

All the chat about firemen makes we start to wonder about midwives... Just how can that be?? I reckon there must be plenty of blokes who are dab hand are removing a cranckshaft who could remove a sprogoon; using the same tools.. ...

12 hours ago, Handjamjack said:

Heck, whoever would have thought this would lead to Fireman Sam - Naughty Norman would have something to say about this. 

LMFAO Stick around, you'll see far better digressions (and transgressions :lol:) than my mediocre efforts, there are some guys here who are masters of the art :)

My computer screen often gets coffee spat at it followed by side splitting laughter ;)

8 hours ago, Area 51 said:

Sounds all too much of a coincidence now, as suggested document and film it all to cover yourself here, sounds like a right nut job! Best rid of it as I would hazard a guess whatever is "fixed" something else will only go wrong further down the line.. If they have some tw*t advising them, then rest assured they will aim to get their monies worth out of you plus giving you the run around and probably get refunded.. T*ssers...

All the chat about firemen makes we start to wonder about midwives... Just how can that be?? I reckon there must be plenty of blokes who are dab hand are removing a cranckshaft who could remove a sprogoon; using the same tools.. ...

I agree, what I would do here is, (if after the inspection I was certain it had been sabotaged), I'd offer a refund, less 45 pence per mile covered, and less the cost of repairing whatever said sabotage came to !!

If there was ensuing threats etc I would then tell the punter to "Go forth and do your worst".

Just make sure you cover all the bases and scenarios !!

Thankfully I don't get these sort of morons these days, one of the many reasons I upped sticks, sold up and moved to a remote area ;)

Yeah, over the years there is now a few that have infiltrated up here, but I choose not to do business with them, can sniff them out a mile off :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

LMFAO Stick around, you'll see far better digressions (and transgressions :lol:) than my mediocre efforts, there are some guys here who are masters of the art :)

My computer screen often gets coffee spat at it followed by side splitting laughter ;)

I agree, what I would do here is, (if after the inspection I was certain it had been sabotaged), I'd offer a refund, less 45 pence per mile covered, and less the cost of repairing whatever said sabotage came to !!

If there was ensuing threats etc I would then tell the punter to "Go forth and do your worst".

Just make sure you cover all the bases and scenarios !!

Thankfully I don't get these sort of morons these days, one of the many reasons I upped sticks, sold up and moved to a remote area ;)

Yeah, over the years there is now a few that have infiltrated up here, but I choose not to do business with them, can sniff them out a mile off :D

Agree Dave. All an education to us all I suspect, if only we could pick our customers.. but a sale is a sale.. however as you grow older, see more.. you can sniff the wasters and w*ankers a mile off..  In this case I never up my sales game.. a sale is a sale - agreed.. but not at any cost; I'm not in this to waste my time, so I am definitely not trying to waste the time of any silly billy.. Document it.. all of it, recorded post.. That's your audit trial and if anyone gets lawyered up... yours will welcome this evidence of your fair and reasonable attempts to remedy matters..

Do let us know how it pans out, another day and another "tool in the box" of a motor trader...  

On 20/03/2019 at 6:14 PM, Handjamjack said:

I'm getting an independent mechanic to collect the car and examine in situ just in case there's any jiggery pokery going on - of course it could be coincidental.

What was the diagnosis?

It'll likely be "the nut behind the steering wheel" :lol:

I once had one who said the bonnet wouldn't open ................

Also, the Filler Flap didn't stay shut ..............

Curiously enough at the exact time they tried to open the bonnet the fuel flap opened :rolleyes:

Edited by Dave2302

On 20/03/2019 at 4:19 PM, andymc1973 said:

smash her back doors in (whilst opening her bonnet)

Is this a euphemism? Or am I somewhere else entirely?

5 hours ago, tradegirl said:

Is this a euphemism? Or am I somewhere else entirely?

You could take it that way.....   :D

20 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

That wasn't on a Honda was it Dave?

yep, Civic CRDi

Thats something you don't see every day, a woman with no mechanical sympathy?

14 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

?? Explain??

I think she being naughty ;) 

Or perhaps I'm just a dirty old man :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Dave2302

15 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

I think she being naughty ;) 

Or perhaps I'm just a dirty old man :lol: :lol: :lol:

Me too .....mmmmmm

Moving swiftly on........if you can find the meat of this thread, the outcome was that the battery had exploded and she wasn't making it up. We fixed the bonnet catch in a couple of minutes with some WD40, put a new battery on, took the car back and sold it again. 

3 hours ago, Handjamjack said:

Moving swiftly on........if you can find the meat of this thread, the outcome was that the battery had exploded and she wasn't making it up. We fixed the bonnet catch in a couple of minutes with some WD40, put a new battery on, took the car back and sold it again. 

Sold it again , that's the way to do it . 

Its a very serious hand holding society we have as this present time isn't it . Daft customer didn't get that it was an 8 yr old car , oh well her loss 

that worked out well then! And you can bet your bottom dollar that the next car she buys will have far worse issues and a less understanding seller!

• Like 1