Sign in to follow this  
Rmar

Autotrader Vehicle Checks

5 hours ago, VGhiya said:

Hi David,

Thank you for your response. It would be really helpful if you could give me some idea about amount of cars advertised for £15-20/mo of vehicle check.

VGhiya,

We cancelled our autocheck package today, and would not even take it for free until autotrader alter the format of what is displayed.

yes its good value at aroung £15 pm, but the point remains that if you subscribe to the autocheck package, and once a customers clicks on one of your cars and scrolls down the advert, there will be an alert showing whether there is a mileage discrep or any outstanding finance including stocking plans. This is displayed before the customer has even opened the autocheck report to read it. Certain types of customers will simply be alarmed and put off the car once they have seen a disclaimer stating that there is finance outstanding or a ‘mileage discrepancy’ and they will not enquire about that car. At least if a/trader gave the customer the option to open and read the Autocheck report without any prior disclaimers, a simple explanation can be offered within the report explaining what mileage discrepancies and finance outstanding may or may not mean. The intention behind it is good but this has been ill thought out by a/trader whereby they are giving the customer a 'little knowledge' which we all know can be dangerous.

20 minutes ago, Tony F said:

VGhiya,

We cancelled our autocheck package today, and would not even take it for free until autotrader alter the format of what is displayed.

yes its good value at aroung £15 pm, but the point remains that if you subscribe to the autocheck package, and once a customers clicks on one of your cars and scrolls down the advert, there will be an alert showing whether there is a mileage discrep or any outstanding finance including stocking plans. This is displayed before the customer has even opened the autocheck report to read it. Certain types of customers will simply be alarmed and put off the car once they have seen a disclaimer stating that there is finance outstanding or a ‘mileage discrepancy’ and they will not enquire about that car. At least if a/trader gave the customer the option to open and read the Autocheck report without any prior disclaimers, a simple explanation can be offered within the report explaining what mileage discrepancies and finance outstanding may or may not mean. The intention behind it is good but this has been ill thought out by a/trader whereby they are giving the customer a 'little knowledge' which we all know can be dangerous.

Tony, absolutely bang on. Its totally derogatory to our business and shows a complete lack of understanding, thought or respect to WHO actually pay their wages.... I said to my rep you are making issues out of NON-issues and potentially greatly effecting our business. I told them to stop it immediately and they did.... 

Edited by Arfur Dealy

I posted this a week ago. So it's from a week ago. 

My rep told me on THU so three days after they rolled it out. 

I even posted on the IMDA Facebook page to not bother sending an open letter as the product was stopped in it's current form almost immediately. 

This is a current ad with a mileage discrepancy, live now. As you can see it does NOT show it: 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201809280975957

Edited by Nick M.K.

Nick

Have you cancelled AT Vehicle Check ? 

13 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Tony, absolutely bang on. Its totally derogatory to our business and shows a complete lack of understanding, thought or respect to WHO actually pay their wages.... I said to my rep you are making issues out of NON-issues and potentially greatly effecting our business. I told them to stop it immediately and they did.... 

Couldn't agree more. 

Only the basic report is visible to the public . 

No finance , No cat c/d /s/n showing .

Any more and they have to buy the experian report for around £15 or £25 ish  for 5 checks . 

I looked on one of our own adverts when it started . 

Yesterday morning we still had the full report appearing. We cancelled the autocheck yesterday and this morning only the basic report appears. 

Does the full report still appear for the dealers that are still subscribed to the autocheck package, or a/trader now reverted back to the old system for everyone?

From what I can tell, looking at Nicks adverts the full check is still active on all his cars apart from the S class which he says has a mileage discrepancy. So no check showing on that and it's not being flagged up, which is good.