Sign in to follow this  
MrC

Does anyone want my next Camper?

Just bought a T6 SWB on a 65 plate 47k miles. It will be built to a high standard and with quality components, Crash tested Bed, Double seat swivel base and Poptop roof, Dometic appliances, No MDF or Chipboard furniture, No cheap crap or cut corners £22500 + the Vodka. 

I can go as lairy or as mild as you want on the colour scheme, (Bright colours and glosses = more wow factor) 

Dont bother trying to get CAP guide on these things,  buyers are totally lead by their hearts, I've never chipped on the price of done vans or a conversion.  £29995 on a pitch at the start of summer is realistic

20190118_114221_Signature.jpg

20190118_114335_Signature.jpg

20190118_114306_Signature.jpg

20190118_120925_Signature.jpg

20190118_114221_Signature.jpg

Edited by MrC
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Trade must be quiet !

Not at all, there is now three of us, Im booked up till start of May. T6 came up at the right Money, offering it on here to see if anyone fancies a go.  

1 minute ago, MrC said:

Not at all, there is now three of us, Im booked up till start of May. T6 came up at the right Money, offering it on here to see if anyone fancies a go.  

Wonderfull Mr C,you will be hiring them out next !

There’s a place near me doing this all seasons they are called, friend is thinking about one il mention it he said they were rammed but with the size of the shed they have guess they need to do some currently have about 10 they haven’t even started parked up

Just now, trade vet said:

Wonderfull Mr C,you will be hiring them out next !

Absolutely no chance, Its a world of pain I'll avoid. 

I did look in to it, with the idea of leasing brand new vans, build over the winter, rent out over the summer then sell in September and pay off the finance. Before we even get in to renting to the general public the insurance is very costly, You need an emergency van spare just incase one gets trashed, short term leases dont give you the V5 so I couldnt change it to a camper on the logbook

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

There’s a place near me doing this all seasons they are called, friend is thinking about one il mention it he said they were rammed but with the size of the shed they have guess they need to do some currently have about 10 they haven’t even started parked up

All Seasons do some nice vans. 

Seem to it’s all in house think they get units from Eldis I think they are called in Consett just up road units are similar to yours in pics looks really nice van mates 

Great quality conversion.

Our mechanic does four or five T4's a year (he doesn't trust the newer T5 & T6 stuff) and whilst they're good they're not up to your kind of standard...bit of a different price point though.

How do you find these for reliability? 

Do VW do a petrol engined Transporter yet?

2 hours ago, grant8064 said:

Great quality conversion.

Our mechanic does four or five T4's a year (he doesn't trust the newer T5 & T6 stuff) and whilst they're good they're not up to your kind of standard...bit of a different price point though.

How do you find these for reliability? 

Do VW do a petrol engined Transporter yet?

Personally I've never had an issue, like any brand & model you will always have a the Friday afternoon ones that. Never done a TSI, VW have stopped doing them.

I really admire your work Mr C and everyone knows there is a big market for this stuff, brand new, recently converted and even old dogs.

For me, if I were paying that kind of money on a day van/light camper - I want a fixed bed, a shower and a toilet otherwise to me atleast, it is just glorified camping and still have to trek across a muddy field to relieve my alcohol infused middle aged bladder.

My mate is massively into this scene 

He has a £170k German built proper camper which is amazing - I get it. He can wild camp and need for nothing with 3 days worth of water and power, scooter in the garage to nip out for supplies if required.

He has an £85k very early 23 window bus which he loves - I don't get it. No toilet, no proper washing facilities, fold out bed, no head room, no power.

Each to their own I suppose.

That said - top quality work Mr C - wish I had your skills as it must be easier, sorry more rewarding than trying to polish a grand in to a generic used car.

MrC - have you ever thought about the Merc Sprinter Exec Mini Bus conversions on the 5T chassis ?

6 hours ago, twerp said:

MrC - have you ever thought about the Merc Sprinter Exec Mini Bus conversions on the 5T chassis ?

I would if someone asked for one