Grantlfc81

Just been offered

Full money on a car with out 2 corner scuffs being painted at £8000 even thought I’ve already taken a deposit on it at £7500 and have to do the 2 corner scuffs and install a hardwired TomTom  to the dash at a further £150

I REALLY feel like taking the full money and telling the woman to do one who beat me down over the price and finding her a different one! However that would be totally morally incorrect

Edited by Grantlfc81

if you have taken a deposit agreed terms signed an order then you have to stand on it, I know it really is bad knowing you have another more profitable offer it seems but i would question why  on a car that is sold your sales process got so far down the line that you got into negotiation on a sold car ???

its just me but i am principled and i would have to do right thing and honor the original deal

• Like 1

hello mrs pierce i have your car in the bodyshop now and they had to remove the bumper cover to successfully do the two scrapes,unfortunately they hase found accident damage in the chassis tower,i am upset as you are and intend to take it up with the dealer from whom i purchased it from,of course i will give you a full refund of your deposit and obviously i am very sorry,i will endeavor to locate another one as similar if you wish,shall i proceed with your refund at this stage? thanks dave

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, boring dave said:

hello mrs pierce i have your car in the bodyshop now and they had to remove the bumper cover to successfully do the two scrapes,unfortunately they hase found accident damage in the chassis tower,i am upset as you are and intend to take it up with the dealer from whom i purchased it from,of course i will give you a full refund of your deposit and obviously i am very sorry,i will endeavor to locate another one as similar if you wish,shall i proceed with your refund at this stage? thanks dave

This. Little white lie never hurt anyone. 

I was going to say the engine started tapping and we are not comfortable giving you the car

im about £800 better off if the other guy takes it tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

if you have taken a deposit agreed terms signed an order then you have to stand on it, I know it really is bad knowing you have another more profitable offer it seems but i would question why  on a car that is sold your sales process got so far down the line that you got into negotiation on a sold car ???

its just me but i am principled and i would have to do right thing and honor the original deal

+ 1. 

47 minutes ago, boring dave said:

I would stand on, I think lies tend to come back and bite you.

24 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

I was going to say the engine started tapping and we are not comfortable giving you the car

im about £800 better off IF the other guy takes it tomorrow 

IF! nothings sold till your holdin foldin ;)

• Like 1

The problem is: why will you got another offer after a sale agreed? Have you take it off from your ads? Or you keep the ads alive still?

No it was seen in the forecourt a week ago and the guy rung up today asking if he can come and buy it.

Consider karma - what goes around and all that......

If you bin her off for the temptation of a higher profit then you are no better than the buyers who make an agreement with you, only to go and buy another one elsewhere and ignore your calls.

I would take more pleasure out of being a gentleman and honouring an agreement and even more pleasure telling the other guy, sorry mate - it’s sold (without saying snooze you lose). B)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

No it was seen in the forecourt a week ago and the guy rung up today asking if he can come and buy it.

If only i got paid on people

saying they are  coming over

saying they are interested

saying they are going to buy it

£800.00 Extra. 

Its time like this you have to ask what would Bernie Ecclestone have done when he was a trader.

im sorry but in todays world if i can get an extra £800 im going to go and try to get it

ive always looked after customers to the extreme but lets be honest here customers who are honest to us as so minimal these days you can count them in tens

i really go the extra hog here but no on this occasion more money is more money

end of

• Like 1

There was a thread the other day about flaky customer's and people saying they will buy and then don't, but when the shoes on the other foot it's ok to agree a sale but then not go through with it if it works better for you BUT if it works better for the customer (they've found a cheaper, better spec'd car) then that's wrong  ?? baffled by the thought process on this one to be honest !!

1 minute ago, Tadams said:

There was a thread the other day about flaky customer's and people saying they will buy and then don't, but when the shoes on the other foot it's ok to agree a sale but then not go through with it if it works better for you BUT if it works better for the customer (they've found a cheaper, better spec'd car) then that's wrong  ?? baffled by the thought process on this one to be honest !!

I think we are saying the same thing ;)

3 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Consider karma - what goes around and all that......

If you bin her off for the temptation of a higher profit then you are no better than the buyers who make an agreement with you, only to go and buy another one elsewhere and ignore your calls.

I would take more pleasure out of being a gentleman and honouring an agreement and even more pleasure telling the other guy, sorry mate - it’s sold (without saying snooze you lose). B)

• Like 1

Just now, Mark101 said:

I think we are saying the same thing ;)

I think you may be rite :)

Don't know why this is even a option, if you wanted more money you should have stood your ground and got more money out of the customer who has left a deposit. Deal is a deal you never know what's around the corner

Me mmmmmmm I'm old school 

No way I'd knock £500 off a car in the first place  BUT ,an 8k car should not require corner scuffs painting as they would be done before she saw it , .

Deals a deal in my world , You don't get your deposit back , but I wouldn't Welch out on a deal either the other way .

Over many years of dealing I’ve never not sold a car that I took a deposit for unless of course the customer changed their mind. 

First deposit, first served. 

However if a customer has really managed to beat me down on my price AND demanded extra work AND been extra fussy I would sell to Mr £8000 who not only offers a lot more for a lesser condition vehicle but seems much less fussy as a customer with which the OP can go on and do many future deals. 

If both customers were paying the same price I’d absolutely honour that deposit. 

In this particular case I’ll take the eight grand. 

Edited by Nick M.K.

5 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Over many years of dealing I’ve never not sold a car that I took a deposit for unless of course the customer changed their mind. 

First deposit, first served. 

However if a customer has really managed to beat me down on my price AND demanded extra work AND been extra fussy I would sell to Mr £8000 who not only offers a lot more for a lesser condition vehicle but seems much less fussy as a customer with which the OP can go on and do many future deals. 

If both customers were paying the same price I’d absolutely honour that deposit. 

In this particular case I’ll take the eight grand. 

thank you and well said

a customer having extras added free really thinks theyve hit gold and would be back next week because theres an earing dangling noise somewhere

2 hours ago, Screenman said:

I would stand on the original deal, treat people how you wish to be treated yourself.

Bang on.