Sign in to follow this  
Tony911

Hyundai i30 1.6crdi

Hi, taken in a Hyundai i30 2011 1.6crdi in px yesterday and the clutch biting point is really low and car has only covered 70k no judders vibrations or slipping anybody have any ideas? Thanks

I have one at the moment 110K, clutch & gearbox knackered.. been parked up for 2 months.. it was absolutely fine before this happened apart from it had a low bite.

That's not good is it, don't think gearbox or clutch is faulty guessing more like clutch cylinder or along them lines. Is going to garage tomorrow but was hoping if anybody could shed some light 

typical week point on hyundai and kia after 60k, ive had one do this as low as 35k, best too trade it out whilst it's still a runner, as above if you replace the clutch the gearbox will not be far behind going too.

I had an i10 last year with an incredibly low clutch bite. Mechanic said don't worry about it, so I didn't. 

Sold it, never heard another word, think they're all like it. 

1 hour ago, Tony911 said:

Hi, taken in a Hyundai i30 2011 1.6crdi in px yesterday and the clutch biting point is really low and car has only covered 70k no judders vibrations or slipping anybody have any ideas? Thanks

Hi Tony, I have had this problem, near the clutch master cylinder there is a device called a clutch damper it is in the fluid line at the bottom of this unit there is a valve you need to remove this valve and fit a blank in it's place you can use a sump plug to do this although i'm not sure what one to use I just happen'd to have one laying around that did fit, then bleed the clutch and it should be good.

1 hour ago, Row said:

Hi Tony, I have had this problem, near the clutch master cylinder there is a device called a clutch damper it is in the fluid line at the bottom of this unit there is a valve you need to remove this valve and fit a blank in it's place you can use a sump plug to do this although i'm not sure what one to use I just happen'd to have one laying around that did fit, then bleed the clutch and it should be good.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, boring dave said:

hyundais and chocolate clutches

who would believe

Wouldn't buy 1 in but it owes us nothing so worth chucking a bit of money at it especially as the guys had it from new and every receipt and previous MOT and we told we wouldn't take it without a full MOT:)

2 hours ago, Del Boy said:

I had an i10 last year with an incredibly low clutch bite. Mechanic said don't worry about it, so I didn't. 

Sold it, never heard another word, think they're all like it. 

Same here never had any come back on mine with a near to floor bite. Better than right at the top. 

1 hour ago, Tony911 said:

Wouldn't buy 1 in but it owes us nothing so worth chucking a bit of money at it especially as the guys had it from new and every receipt and previous MOT and we told we wouldn't take it without a full MOT:)

Tony, I don't mind them so I maybe a buyer if you want to trade it?

The clutch will be knackered - or more accurately the pressure plate fingers will be weakened. 

I used to flog a few Kias/Hyundais & they go through clutches for fun. Cheap to replace but put in a quality make like LUK, don’t be tempted to save £20 on a ‘National’ clutch (or similar) because new they feel as bad as the one you’ve taken out.

Well not heard anything for garage but priced a luk clutch kit up and it's only £100 not bad. Must be like a Micra clutch if they that cheap

Common common issue with the i30 and i40. In fact almost all Hyundai

Clutch pressure plate weakens and the biting point gets lower and lower. Also the nylon rod between the clutch pedal and plunger of the master cylinder wears to add to the problem.

We normally remove this nylon rod ( just held on the pedal with an 'R' clip and onto the master cylinder with a plastic 'U' clip) cut it in half and add a 5mm length of 6mm bar between the cut lengths. We crimp a 12mm alliminium pipe outside this, refit it and clutch biting point is back as it should be! 

Cost us less than a tenner in alloy pipe from B&Q, and 15 mins of out time.

1 hour ago, Scooby who said:

Common common issue with the i30 and i40. In fact almost all Hyundai

Clutch pressure plate weakens and the biting point gets lower and lower. Also the nylon rod between the clutch pedal and plunger of the master cylinder wears to add to the problem.

We normally remove this nylon rod ( just held on the pedal with an 'R' clip and onto the master cylinder with a plastic 'U' clip) cut it in half and add a 5mm length of 6mm bar between the cut lengths. We crimp a 12mm alliminium pipe outside this, refit it and clutch biting point is back as it should be! 

Cost us less than a tenner in alloy pipe from B&Q, and 15 mins of out time.

Proper bodge up job:o

:D Excellent.

We have one in next week... Well a Kia Ceed with a CRDI engine. We will try this too.

5 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Garage done exactly this and it's sorted apparently it's common and was the best £20 I've spent this year:)

I'm glad I could help ;)

9 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I'm glad I could help ;)

Thanks arfur but garage had done this already without me knowing. Full retail this is going up at. How you getting on with the lupo?

Just now, Tony911 said:

Thanks arfur but garage had done this already without me knowing. Full retail this is going up at. How you getting on with the lupo?

It Sold today £990 :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony911 said:

You need to read the Forum more often :lol: