Sign in to follow this  
JimmyGlen

Evans Halshaw Prices

Are so cheap now, we completely disregard them when pricing up our stock. There really is just no need to put the cars in as cheap as they have been advertising them for. Problem is, they'll have admin fee's, they'll give it the hard sell on the warranties (and everything else) and the cars will have little/no prep other than the bare minimum - but try telling a customer that. 

Anyone else noticed how cheap EH stuff has been over the last few months?

Stevie

I Have noticed they put they odd * fake car * in adverts that looks dirt cheap to get enquiries in.

have had a few friends who have bought from them and they have said the prep on the cars is criminal and even some didn't get a valet on their car.

I went with a friend to look at an RS5 they had for sale a couple of weeks ago.

It was pride of place in their showroom and the NS had the worst paint job you have ever seen and more than 1 by the looks of it. Nsr quarter was dull and ns door had awful orange peel. 

If that’s the standard of car they retail no wonder they are cheap. 

Yes - unprepped cars aren't really comparable 

Thing is, they offer free delivery to your local EH garage. Imagine how many rejections they get

On a similar note, I was at Mercedes Brooklands last week. You would not believe the state of their retail cars. Think BCA Grade 3 on £30k cars..

Edited by twerp

1 hour ago, Dan W said:

I Have noticed they put they odd * fake car * in adverts that looks dirt cheap to get enquiries in.

have had a few friends who have bought from them and they have said the prep on the cars is criminal and even some didn't get a valet on their car.

No preps 3 months policy can’t sale put it to auction. 

Quick turnaround, minimal prep, throw it in the block after a couple of months and take a hit. There's a million and one rumours about how they've been doing over the last year but so long as their doors are open you assume it must be making sense on paper. I wish all the big places had standards like theirs, makes our well prepped stock stand out a mile.

• Like 2

Never touch pendragon stuff its all f*cked or has a shady past. 

32 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

i thought it was weeks in stock

Always used to be.

Warranties and come back must be mental but they are big fancy main dealer looking sites and that’s what average joe thinks is a good thing. 

18 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

there are 7 and 9 these are  for target cars and spoof cars, you are right the lower numbers 1-2-3-4 are weeks in stock

I've always wondered the weird numbers strategy 

As a kid I worked in a green grocers, we sold apples very cheap but nobody went out of the shop with just apples.

• Like 1

I had the (mis) fortune of working for these clowns. Rammel stock, badly prepped, legal paperwork piled up on desks, raping customers at 10 flat with GAP/PAINT/TYRE/ALLOY without disclosing, how they are still in business is beyond me.... don't get me started on their car store places with microphones on the desks so that they could listen to customers..

I've seen the shite they will sell off their forecourts, hence the reason i'll NEVER buy a car from a Pendragon sale at BCA.

9 hours ago, Screenman said:

As a kid I worked in a green grocers, we sold apples very cheap but nobody went out of the shop with just apples.

Did you fix their dents as well? :lol:

7 minutes ago, tradex said:

No, but he did repair the bruises..

I'm here all week.

Touché :lol: 

1 hour ago, tradex said:

I think I've mentioned before good friend of mine whom is a trader, tried to buy 13 or 15k worth of tat from EV and the prep was simply laughable, acutally is wasn't really funny at all, the car was so badly prepped it would make one of my 'bags worth' of px look good. Undeclared faults too as in s/roof not working:lol: when it was one of the questions he asked up front before travelling hours for the car.

Trading standards would have had a field day at the amount of cars sitting on bald tyres, including the one he had dropped the dipper on 'ready to go'.

I think BHM had a similar experience?

But, they do shift metal, I'm guessing to those, whom get excited by a cheap 'n late log sitting on their drive to try and twitch the neighbours curtains....?

Yes, a friend ‘invested’ in a retail gem - it failed an MOT miserably two days later. Also at the local Renault EH franchise I witnessed first hand them trying to pump a scruffy (and when I say scruffy I mean SCRUFFY) Insignia that was dirty AND had had a side filled & painted by Stevie Wonder.

Tbh though, cars are becoming a disposable object & are less & less something to be cherished by the majority so perhaps EH is correct.

2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Did you fix their dents as well? :lol:

It was a long time before I took up dents, if you go back to the seventies you will find a good few car dealers who cut their teeth in a green grocers, brilliant place to learn chest to chest. I take it that you took my point, the average retained from just the selling of the car I would imagine is smaller than most on here would want to work to.

17 minutes ago, Screenman said:

It was a long time before I took up dents, if you go back to the seventies you will find a good few car dealers who cut their teeth in a green grocers, brilliant place to learn chest to chest. I take it that you took my point, the average retained from just the selling of the car I would imagine is smaller than most on here would want to work to.

Got your point re: loss leaders.

It's why I now try to sell everything I can on Finance, upgrade warranties etc and I am now thinking of adding other bolt ons to add further £$£$£$£$

Look after the pennies and all that..................

• Like 1

My Brother in law went into E Halshaw to look at a Tiguan 

£16,601 

Came out with over £1,600 in bolt on's that he never knew were added on . PX was stated at £4,900 but reduced to £4,000 on paper , 

He asked me to go in with him to check out the car , it was still full of rubbish :angry: So I took the sales girl to pieces over the deal , never mentioned the state of the car  as I like them filthy so they come to us independents :D.

Result was I took £2,500 out of her deal after a heated discussion and she finally said yes To better PX and NO Bolt on's , THEN WE WALKED AWAY :lol:  and I got him a Tiguan for £16,295  , we took his car to WBAC and then E Halshaw and got more money than they offered us after the argument at £4,900   :o He got 5k 

Result is I had a profit on the Tiguan , got rid of his high miler , took a finance commission too . Brother in law saved around  3k on his spend . 

How people fall for dealing with these crooks is astonishing . 

I remember a few years ago around this time of year or a bit earlier, knowing decent stock would be like hens teeth at anything close to sensible money, I saw that EH and sometimes Car Giant to were retailing some apparently Saleable German metal at 1k and more behind BCA prices. 

In the true spirit of Blackadder, I came up with a cunning plan to do a spot of Bowler hatting even though it would mean my name on the log book. In common with Blackadder, it was doomed to failure.

The EH stuff was generally such shit, I wouldn’t touch it and their staff simply should not be allowed to sell cars to the public. Car Giant was slightly better but way to time consuming to be viable.

Bowler hat rapidly back in the cupboard.

Back in our car audio days we used to do the same thing to Halfords on there black friday sales, with a club card and the discount we could buy amplifiers and speakers 30% cheaper than we could buying direct, i was away one year and left it to my staff to sniff out the deals we got caught the phone call came, aw gutted how did we get caught i asked duno my guy replied they just didnt want to except my £7500 order !!!! 

You dick head i replied i used to spread £1500 over 5 local stores so they wouldnt catch on.