Sign in to follow this  
JimmyGlen

2007 Jaguar XK Cab Roof Help Needed (please!)

Hi Guys, 

we're are demented with an 07 XK Convertible we have in stock. Its been off sale for months, struggle with the folding fabric roof. 

It all started when the battery went down on it, and we had to manually operate the roof to access the battery, when the pump burst a seal in the boot. 

We then sent the pump to a place called Electric Roof Repairs who had the pump for over 2 months. It's now back and the valve block is now knackered inside the pump. I'm not even going to entertain phoning the firm about it... 

A new pump from Jaguar is 3700.00 and not really an option - as you can probably imagine. 

This is a 26k mile car, with a cost value of 17500, so a fair chunk of money to have out in an unsellable car for this length of time, so ANY help at all would be massively appreciated. 

Hoping for some good (any!!) advice... 

Stevie

19 minutes ago, JimmyGlen said:

Hi Guys, 

we're are demented with an 07 XK Convertible we have in stock. Its been off sale for months, struggle with the folding fabric roof. 

It all started when the battery went down on it, and we had to manually operate the roof to access the battery, when the pump burst a seal in the boot. 

We then sent the pump to a place called Electric Roof Repairs who had the pump for over 2 months. It's now back and the valve block is now knackered inside the pump. I'm not even going to entertain phoning the firm about it... 

A new pump from Jaguar is 3700.00 and not really an option - as you can probably imagine. 

This is a 26k mile car, with a cost value of 17500, so a fair chunk of money to have out in an unsellable car for this length of time, so ANY help at all would be massively appreciated. 

Stevie

Stevie

They are currently making a fotune at the block, even with a u/s roof.  Summer is coming and someone in the know will buy that banking on a cheap fix.

43 minutes ago, JimmyGlen said:

Stevie

not into these

does the pump change on 06 to 07?

59 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Stevie

They are currently making a fotune at the block, even with a u/s roof.  Summer is coming and someone in the know will buy that banking on a cheap fix.

Hi Mark, 

are they really? Thats very good to know, and might well try that first. The car itself is a complete show stopper. 26k miles and 8 Jag stamps. We'll give it a run through a couple of the auction houses first to see how we get on.

Thanks again, 

Stevie

36 minutes ago, boring dave said:

not into these

does the pump change on 06 to 07?

As far as I'm aware they'll be the same across all the newer shape XKs. 

I’m on the lookout for a low mile XK cab, for a mate/customer hence I have watched a few go through Manheim.

Caveat - I only buy main dealer stuff, so of course values are much better.

Watch the green one go through Manheim (nowhere near) Birmingham very strong money with more miles than yours.

PM me if you like with trade out value and I will run it past my mate (no promises).  He’s not in the trade but a (millionaire) collector of fast appreciating classics.

Edited by Mark101

Just now, JimmyGlen said:

Dave, thanks for that - but thats the old model car that ran from '96 - '06

Got me all excited there 

theres a later one further down but you will have to negotiate on them sending it

hth

4 minutes ago, boring dave said:

theres a later one further down but you will have to negotiate on them sending it

hth

Dave, the only thing I'm finding in that link for the newer XK, is a latch and a striker, no pumps :( Buying from the states doesn't bother me.

18 minutes ago, JimmyGlen said:

Dave, the only thing I'm finding in that link for the newer XK, is a latch and a striker, no pumps :( Buying from the states doesn't bother me.

ok sorry must have misread

i did look in some other countries and failed but sometimes ebay afar can turn up things,might be worth opening up a malt, feet up and have a scour:)

1 hour ago, boring dave said:

ok sorry must have misread

i did look in some other countries and failed but sometimes ebay afar can turn up things,might be worth opening up a malt, feet up and have a scour:)

Funnily enough.... :)

49 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

i used xk8parts.co.uk for some bits last year they seem to break a few, worth a punt.

Just called and spoke with Danny. I've to call him back as he things he can help. Winstone, if this pans out, thats a huge favour owed!! 

I'll be keeping everything crossed until tomorrow!! 

Cheers, 

Stevie

5 minutes ago, JimmyGlen said:

Just called and spoke with Danny. I've to call him back as he things he can help. Winstone, if this pans out, thats a huge favour owed!! 

I'll be keeping everything crossed until tomorrow!! 

Cheers, 

Stevie

Hope it helps, best of luck ;-)