Scooby who

Used Cars Lancs Ltd

9 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Hi Pete

The reason this scam has touched a raw nerve with us is because aswell as being regulated to death,( not a bad thing) we have to jump through hoops to sell and repair cars these days.We have always got a hard time from the public but now with this Facebook generation we are often expected to answer endless elementary queries from texts and emails from time wasters at all hours.They will not use the phone and they drive you mad.....Enter these digital whizz kids who recognise this and set up a virtual dealership on Facebook to attract this reality TV,X Box geneneration.Some people might say what they have done is brilliant.I would not be surprised if they are 15 year olds operating out of their bedrooms.They could make a fortune and get away with it while we fools are trying to net a few pence on every pound after paying tax and VAT buying,selling and repairing real cars.

I understand that the scam has pissed you legitimate dealers off. That's fair enough. But the scam itself hasn't cost you money. In fact, if anything, the awareness that this kind of deal is too good to be true surely is a good thing for proper dealers. SLL has lost out, as have a at least few others by the sounds of it. The criminals are the ones ripping off the innocent AND possibly giving car dealers a bad name. So imo SLL has done everyone a favour bringing this to our/your attention, and doesn't deserve a slagging. 

49 minutes ago, PeteH said:

I understand that the scam has pissed you legitimate dealers off. That's fair enough. But the scam itself hasn't cost you money. In fact, if anything, the awareness that this kind of deal is too good to be true surely is a good thing for proper dealers. SLL has lost out, as have a at least few others by the sounds of it. The criminals are the ones ripping off the innocent AND possibly giving car dealers a bad name. So imo SLL has done everyone a favour bringing this to our/your attention, and doesn't deserve a slagging. 

but no word of money back or update, ample time has passed......................................

No chance will they get money back judging by the wording it’s not even done in uk, which I’ve no doubt makes it far easier to trace. Someone in America will have transferred or collected money and be gone by now 

Been doing a lot of searching and found out the two people running the whole thing are actually on the FBI most wanted list for money laundering amongst plenty of other things! The website was made in Russia but when tracing get the ip addresses on the emails it looks likely they're using an IP blocker to hide their location. Still waiting to hear from the bank, they've got another couple of days and if it's not the outcome I want it's going further to the financial ombudsman with all the proof that I took care when making sure this company was "legit" and hopefully get the money back that way plus some compensation! Then it's off to a dealership by me!

4 hours ago, SL2390 said:

Been doing a lot of searching and found out the two people running the whole thing are actually on the FBI most wanted list for money laundering amongst plenty of other things! The website was made in Russia but when tracing get the ip addresses on the emails it looks likely they're using an IP blocker to hide their location. Still waiting to hear from the bank, they've got another couple of days and if it's not the outcome I want it's going further to the financial ombudsman with all the proof that I took care when making sure this company was "legit" and hopefully get the money back that way plus some compensation! Then it's off to a dealership by me!

Compensation? To be honest I can't see why you should get any money back from the bank. It's not fair that scammers like this exist in the world, but equally it's not right for other people to pay for your stupidity. I hope you get your situation resolved, but if you get compensation for this error of your own making, then it really shows how far humanity has fallen.

8 hours ago, MSP Motors said:

Compensation? To be honest I can't see why you should get any money back from the bank. It's not fair that scammers like this exist in the world, but equally it's not right for other people to pay for your stupidity. I hope you get your situation resolved, but if you get compensation for this error of your own making, then it really shows how far humanity has fallen.

I did all my research and everything came up legit. Yes I was stupid but I also think that the banks should have more in place to stop these. Apparently the accounts the scammers use were known to the police but they were not closed and my bank account gave no warning when transferring a large sum of money which they should have done.

3 hours ago, SL2390 said:

I did all my research and everything came up legit. Yes I was stupid but I also think that the banks should have more in place to stop these. Apparently the accounts the scammers use were known to the police but they were not closed and my bank account gave no warning when transferring a large sum of money which they should have done.

Paying for a car in full before you had seen it? Who does that. Justify it however you want to yourself, however the fault lies with you and not the bank.

55 minutes ago, MSP Motors said:

Paying for a car in full before you had seen it? Who does that. 

Anyone on Sytner or half of the cheeky fuckers on DA :lol:

15 hours ago, MSP Motors said:

Paying for a car in full before you had seen it? Who does that. Justify it however you want to yourself, however the fault lies with you and not the bank.

A lot of people, like people who order cars before they're released such as tesla

On 15/04/2019 at 8:10 AM, MSP Motors said:

Guessing the car you bought was cheaper, less miles and better spec than any others in uk hmmmmm

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 3:29 AM, SL2390 said:

compensation ?

why would you be given that ? and by who exactly.

the Darwinism Society, for any scam to work there needs to be an element of greed 

• Like 1

Guys ive just read through all of this and whilst I am amazed that so many people fall for these scams, all I can say is that I am equally saddened as the amounts involved arent small and to some are everything they have.

The greedy fuckers are those that are ripping off the people posting in this thread, these people just spotted what was looking like a bargain which lets face it, we all are guilty of as we all like a bargain. The difference is we are much more cynical and I dont trust anyone.

If you check out a guy called Buster Jack on facebook - he has spent years fighting these fraudsters and works very closely with all the banks to try and get a resolution for the victims who have lost money.

If its any comfort to those that have lost money, so many folks are in exactly the same position as you are today. Its happening so frequently.

I see fake ads popping up on ebay and some of them are posting 3000+ adverts on there at a time, so so many are bound to get caught up.

I wish you all well and hope that you get some financial restitution. 

52 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

the Darwinism Society, for any scam to work there needs to be an element of greed 

You can’t con an honest man.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BHM said:

You can’t con an honest man.

the fuckers at Manheim do

10 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

:lol::lol:

11 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

:-) :-)

19 hours ago, Linctrader said:

Guys ive just read through all of this and whilst I am amazed that so many people fall for these scams, all I can say is that I am equally saddened as the amounts involved arent small and to some are everything they have.

The greedy fuckers are those that are ripping off the people posting in this thread, these people just spotted what was looking like a bargain which lets face it, we all are guilty of as we all like a bargain. The difference is we are much more cynical and I dont trust anyone.

If you check out a guy called Buster Jack on facebook - he has spent years fighting these fraudsters and works very closely with all the banks to try and get a resolution for the victims who have lost money.

If its any comfort to those that have lost money, so many folks are in exactly the same position as you are today. Its happening so frequently.

I see fake ads popping up on ebay and some of them are posting 3000+ adverts on there at a time, so so many are bound to get caught up.

I wish you all well and hope that you get some financial restitution. 

I have spoken to Buster Jack, unfortunately he's not taking on any cases at the moment but he did give me some information on who the people are. My bank has said after speaking to the other bank that there is still money in that account but I have to wait for them to finish investigating, so there's a little bit of hope. 

19 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

I'm not greedy but yes I understand your statement. It's just unfortunate situation to be in, I can go out and earn that money back but a retired woman I have spoken to lost nearly 10 grand so I'm just trying to get some sort of outcome to give her a glimpse of hope.

Wow just wow.

Does it surprise me or any other legitimate dealer on this thread that punters are this thick ? No. That’s because most buyers only care about the price, not the car or the guy / gal selling the car, ultimately as has been said many times here, there is no such thing as a bargain, there will always be a catch. Be careful out there. 

18 hours ago, Wheelerdealer1 said:

Wow just wow.

Does it surprise me or any other legitimate dealer on this thread that punters are this thick ? No. That’s because most buyers only care about the price, not the car or the guy / gal selling the car, ultimately as has been said many times here, there is no such thing as a bargain, there will always be a catch. Be careful out there. 

+1. All that most of the greedy sods see is the price. Personally I’d hang scammers but I also have little sympathy for many of the gormless greedy bastards who are ripped off.

1 hour ago, BHM said:

+1. All that most of the greedy sods see is the price. Personally I’d hang scammers but I also have little sympathy for many of the gormless greedy bastards who are ripped off.

.... and then hope/expect decent honest business people to get them out of trouble?

While I can feel sympathetic to people getting ripped of like this, it is normally the green eyed monster that makes these scams work (greed/something for nothing)

if something looks to good to be true it normally is.

i doubt you will see your money again but I hope I am wrong on this for your sake.

1 hour ago, met said:

.... and then hope/expect decent honest business people to get them out of trouble?

Yep, + wanting free assistance using the goodwill of complete strangers. 

• Like 1