Sign in to follow this  
DBDlloyds

Super Glur

Morning all,

Just a note to ask if any of you guys have successfully removed superglue from a Cars paintwork without damaging the paintwork.

Brought a Pug 107 and someone has stuck the window back in with superglue and it has run down the rear door.

Any help would be much appreciated.

regards Dean.

6 minutes ago, DBDlloyds said:

Morning all,

Just a note to ask if any of you guys have successfully removed superglue from a Cars paintwork without damaging the paintwork.

Brought a Pug 107 and someone has stuck the window back in with superglue and it has run down the rear door.

regards Dean.

Wet sand and mop Dean

What a bugger, it’s a lovely little car as well.

25 minutes ago, boring dave said:

superglue no chance

these windows are on recall at peugeot by the way

Thanks for info, I have googled superglue removal and I think it needs to be an acetone, would this remove the surrounding paint as well ?.....

Edited by DBDlloyds
Spelling

Dean, I have used this stuff with some success. Add it on the damaged area and it reacts with the glue.. mop and polish the area thereafter as its likely to lift any impurities from the paint and brighten up just that spot! Worth having in stock if you have super glue for any other jobs.. like sticking fingers together!

Glue debonder

You can get Acetone from a chemist, its nail polish remover by any other name.. keep by the PC screen for sniffing when reading "unreal" threads... :blink:

Edited by Area 51

35 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

Dean, I have used this stuff with some success. Add it on the damaged area and it reacts with the glue.. mop and polish the area thereafter as its likely to lift any impurities from the paint and brighten up just that spot! Worth having in stock if you have super glue for any other jobs.. like sticking fingers together!

Glue debonder

You can get Acetone from a chemist, its nail polish remover by any other name.. keep by the PC screen for sniffing when reading "unreal" threads... :blink:

Ha ha, thanks for your reply, I will raid my wife’s draw to see what I can find....

1 hour ago, DBDlloyds said:

Ha ha, thanks for your reply, I will raid my wife’s draw to see what I can find....

Liar - try your own drawer

baring in mind these are basecoat water based over lacquer you really need to try this on the car somewhere unseen before doing a doortop

it must be really bad

any piccies?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, boring dave said:

baring in mind these are basecoat water based over lacquer you really need to try this on the car somewhere unseen before doing a doortop

it must be really bad

any piccies?

+ 1 for Boring Dave sticking oar in :) Quite right too, take care on the removal process... I build radio control aircraft and use this glue frequently, the paint schemes are fuel (12% nitro methane) / glue resistant, however always wise to use in an area that is not seen often.. 2pak modern paints are fuel resistant, even my model fuel with nitro methane..

I find the super glue debonder softens the original glue into a jelly like mess, plenty of clothes and dont wipe across the paint - just dab the local area to be worked on.. I always rinse after user the debonder, spray of TFR and rinse, polish in a bit of extra cash.. Hope it helps.  Piccies would be worth posting..

Great, thanks all for taking the time to reply....

I will photo tomorrow.

Mark, you know me to well.... 

7 hours ago, DBDlloyds said:

Morning all,

regards Dean.

Hi Dean, angle grinder mate.... or a chisel and hammer   :lol:

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Hi Dean, angle grinder mate.... or a chisel and hammer   :lol: