Sign in to follow this  
Tony911

AT vehicle check Autotrader

Hi, has anybody else had the email and letter from AutoTrader regarding AT vehicle check and will be added to their package at additional cost from 1st April? I personally think it's a good idea but don't see why they have to bump up the price as eBay motors offer it in their package for free

At £17 a month it is MUCH cheaper to my usual HPI sub (£89). 

I will trial it while it's free and if it does nearly as good job as HPI I will take it. 

Tony, what eBay Motors package do you have? I've had mine for a long time and can't see a Car Check in the features? Is this something new? Mine is £175 p/m.

Your Currently Active Features

Feature Name Start Date End Date Price Billing Frequency
Gallery Plus 26/06/2013 Until Further Notice £0.00 Monthly
Picture Pack 01/08/2013 Until Further Notice £0.00 Monthly
Price Comparison Reporting 26/06/2013 Until Further Notice £0.00 Monthly
Showcase 26/06/2008 Until Further Notice £0.00 Monthly
Showroom 17/02/2010 Until Further Notice £0.00 Monthly
Video Support 02/11/2009 Until Further Notice £0.00 Monthly
Website Links 01/06/2016 Until Further Notice £0.00 Monthly

11 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

At £17 a month it is MUCH cheaper to my usual HPI sub (£89). 

I will trial it while it's free and if it does nearly as good job as HPI I will take it. 

Tony, what eBay Motors package do you have? I've had mine for a long time and can't see a Car Check in the features? Is this something new? Mine is £175 p/m.

Your Currently Active Features

Feature Name Start Date End Date Price Billing Frequency
Gallery Plus 26/06/2013 Until Further Notice £0.00 Monthly
Picture Pack 01/08/2013 Until Further Notice £0.00 Monthly
Price Comparison Reporting 26/06/2013 Until Further Notice £0.00 Monthly
Showcase 26/06/2008 Until Further Notice £0.00 Monthly
Showroom 17/02/2010 Until Further Notice £0.00 Monthly
Video Support 02/11/2009 Until Further Notice £0.00 Monthly
Website Links 01/06/2016 Until Further Notice £0.00 Monthly

Honestly nick we don't but the rep for eBay motors contacted us last month asking us to come on board with ebay motors and gumtree offered us a package for 20 cars hpi was free included on every vehicle and when browsing eBay motors every trader does seem to have it on their adverts which i thought was a good idea and AutoTrader should follow. Didn't take out the package as all the negative feedback on here and dealers I know all saying eBay is crap and gum tree well no comment from me as they are shit. I find eBay only good for buying bits and bobs 

Must be a new package/ product. Mine is since 2009! Only one price increase since :-)))

I have had a Volvo V50 overage - been on AT for months, no sale.

Started contract with Ebay (still on AT) - SOLD first day + a total of other enquies as follows = 3 further enquiries and 3 enquiries on Facebook (new thing I am trying).

Same time period 1 enquiry from AT - oh and I am on the premium package (5+2) @ c£1000 + VAT/Mth

Edited by Mark101

1 minute ago, Mark101 said:

I have had a Volvo V50 overage - been on AT for months, no sale.

Started contract with Ebay (still on AT) - SOLD first day + 3 further enquiries and 3 enquiries on Facebook (new thing I am trying).

Same time period 1 enquiry from AT - oh and I am on the premium package (5+2) @ c£1000 + VAT/Mth

Bet it was a high miler Mark ?, Ebay sells high milers better than AT  i think . Must be snob factor :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Tony911 said:

How eBay and gumtree motors working for you nick? 

I don't have Gumtree Tony, my package is just for eBay Motors Pro. I do get some enquiries from it but a small amount compared to AT.

Last year I thought of ditching eBay but then I did one single deal where I made great money on the p/x, then bought the original retail car back from the customer for a fair bit less (Electric BMW) and instead sold him a Jag XF diesel estate (very nice margin again) and then sold the electric BMW two days after it came back for slightly more than I had sold it for the first time. 

The thought of missing out on that one customer (travelled from Liverpool) makes me keep eBay where he found me. 

2 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Bet it was a high miler Mark ?, Ebay sells high milers better than AT  i think . Must be snob factor :rolleyes:

Most of my sales are ebay MP ( I am not with Autoraper) and I do not sell high mileage or particularly low value cars.  Ten grand, low mileage Mini last week for example and Ten grand Qashqai this week.

7 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

It was Dave 130K

But...

I have just turned a deal down (derived from Ebay) for my Merc E350 Sport with 60k up at about £10k (just increased the price to £10,490).  Didn't want his swapper - RR Sport.

I do get FREE HPI checks shown on my ads and showroom (middle package).

Edited by Mark101

There you go! Not only I don't have it free but the price is £8.99 per check, presumably for the consumer. Maybe I need to ring them to include it free or maybe my £175 pm (25 cars) are too low to pay for that...

Screenshot 2019-02-28 at 13.42.39

Looked into the vehicle check thing on the Autotrader, currently use HPi and pay £2.75 per check, last months bill was £220. wouldn't entertain eBay as tried it before and didn't work for me, with zip sales so technically I'd just be paying eBay to get free checks.

beauty of the autotrader checks is they'll appear on all of my adverts, something I cant get using anybody else , that for me is worth it. also my rep told me I have UNLIMITED checks! so I'd probably do more checks every week, the fact that it'll save me £200 a month is bonus. anybody else told its unlimited vehicle checks with the autotrader? surely that cant be right?

is Cargurus worth trying? they keep ringing me with different offers every month and slowly getting tempted.

Car Gurus does OK for us.  Am on their paid package, Not brilliant but OK.  I'm not sure the paid is any better than the free.  Doesn't perform as well as ebay MP but is worth the fluppence a month for me.  Oh, and all my stuff on ebay has the free HPi appearing on every advert.

14 minutes ago, RH Trading said:

anybody else told its unlimited vehicle checks with the autotrader? surely that cant be right?

The rep told me Unlimited checks but at £0.79 + VAT per check, subject to fair usage.

I like the idea of the AT vehicle checks and will definitely save me money, but I think the HPI cancellation notice period is 12 months! :angry:

Not contacted our rep yet but from my understanding of the letter and email its unlimited checks for £25 extra p/m:rolleyes: gonna call up next week and see what crack is.

The amount per month is based on your current advert level but the checks are indeed unlimited. 

18 hours ago, Mark101 said:

It was Dave 130K

But...

I have just turned a deal down (derived from Ebay) for my Merc E350 Sport with 60k up at about £10k (just increased the price to £10,490).  Didn't want his swapper - RR Sport.

I do get FREE HPI checks shown on my ads and showroom (middle package).

spoke to Marvin my rep last night and everyone regardless of contract will be able to have the full vehicle check, unlimted checks, its part of this years rate increase and not charged per check apparently. The ebay free one is the same 5 basic background checks that we currently get free also on the autotrader not the full HPi report. (Stolen/Scrapped/Cat C,D,S,N/Imported/exported) .

When this is launched anyone not using AT checks will be at a disadvantage because their adverts will not display that the car has been checked. We all do our own checks be it HPI or other sources and possibly even say so in the advert text. I think this is more about giving the consumer confidence in your advert that the car has been checked. Customers will scroll through cars and ones without the green check message will stand out. 

Unfortunately another Autotrader add on that is going to cost money, but probably the only one which will actually save money in the long term.

18 minutes ago, RH Trading said:

spoke to Marvin my rep last night and everyone regardless of contract will be able to have the full vehicle check, unlimted checks, its part of this years rate increase and not charged per check apparently. The ebay free one is the same 5 basic background checks that we currently get free also on the autotrader not the full HPi report. (Stolen/Scrapped/Cat C,D,S,N/Imported/exported) .

This is from my Ebay Page on one of the carshttp://HPI Check_zpsbt9wefwe.jpg

this is from my Autotrader advert - exact same thing I think Mark

VC.JPG

Edited by RH Trading

Can someone kindly let me know their account manager and package, price paid for eBay/Guntree, going to give them a go 

10 minutes ago, justlooking said:

Can someone kindly let me know their account manager and package, price paid for eBay/Guntree, going to give them a go 

Just apply onlone JL, someone will call you.  I pay £333 per month for 10+3 cars on the middle package.  I know many pay less but I think they are long serving customers.

If I was prepared to commit to 12 months, they said they would better their price but I am on 3 month trial at 6 month rate.

Gumtree isn't for me but it is included, like it or not.

Josh - 020 3966 2682

Edited by Mark101