Sign in to follow this  
Dave Brown

CDX 2019: Details of two key workshops revealed!

CDX 2019 will be hosting 12 best-practice workshops throughout the day and they’re not to be missed!

We are proud to announce the first two of these sessions, brought to you by two of the biggest names in their respective fields.

In these workshops, dealers will be able to assess their performance online and consider better opportunities to drive sales with in-market car buyers. The workshops will also feature a dealer partner sharing their own experience and insight with their industry peers.

• WORKSHOP 1: Why end-to-end online retailing should be the next step for your dealership
  • Presented by Paul Stokes, head of online retailing at GForces, and Katie Newton, group business development manager at RRG Group

With GForces predicting the number of cars sold completely online will grow significantly by mid-2020, this workshop will show you why offering customers the option to complete the entire transaction on your website is an opportunity not to be missed.
The session will be presented by GForces’ head of online retailing Paul Stokes, who was previously managing director of Rockar. He will explain what the current marketplace position is and why we are seeing this change.
His role has been to look at the way GForces reacts to this, and he’ll explain what it has done and how dealers can change to facilitate this for their customers.
Stokes will be joined in this workshop by Katie Newton from RRG Group, which has recently adopted end-to-end online retailing on their website. She will explain why they wanted to do this and what sales they have seen already.

• WORKSHOP 2: The top three digital marketing tricks that deliver real results 
  • Presented by Tanesha Stafford, co-founder of Armchair Marketing, and Neil Smith, operations director at Imperial Cars 

‘Fifty per cent of your marketing works – the trouble is, we don’t know which 50 per cent!’
Every day, dealers spend money on being seen online, but what is the real value? In this session, ex-dealer marketer and co-founder of Armchair Marketing, Tanesha Stafford, will explain how a powerful, results-driven online strategy can positively boost your offline sales.
She will explain how you can get the maximum reach for your brand but in the most relevant context and with the desired impact. This session will give you simple advice that you can take back to your dealership immediately, to not only boost sales by driving in-market car buyers through your business, but also protect those customers from competitors and increase recruitment applications.
Stafford will be joined by Neil Smith, Imperial Cars operations director, who will explain how this marketing approach has helped his company expand from six to 13 sites in only three years.

CDX takes place at Farnborough International Exhibition and Conference Centre on June 12. Get your free tickets and find out more here.

How disappointing,when it said key workshop I had wrongly assumed you had signed up Scottish Dave.Now that would be a coup.

I am unsure how Mr Smith can claim a success at marketing.Just glanced at his numbers £2m net assets,debt £35m. I promise to stay away !

52 minutes ago, trade vet said:

How disappointing,when it said key workshop I had wrongly assumed you had signed up Scottish Dave.Now that would be a coup.

I am unsure how Mr Smith can claim a success at marketing.Just glanced at his numbers £2m net assets,debt £35m. I promise to stay away !

:lol:

remember its better to use someone elses money rather than your own

thats what my probation officer sniffed at anyway:)

19 minutes ago, boring dave said:

thats what my probation officer sniffed at anyway:)

:lol:

I’m all booked up. Me n Rory are gonna storm the stage and give a lecture on the best colour to paint alloy wheels. It’s gonna be hardcore. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dave Brown said:

CDX 2019 will be hosting 12 best-practice workshops throughout the day and they’re not to be missed!

We are proud to announce the first two of these sessions, brought to you by two of the biggest names in their respective fields.

In these workshops, dealers will be able to assess their performance online and consider better opportunities to drive sales with in-market car buyers. The workshops will also feature a dealer partner sharing their own experience and insight with their industry peers.

• WORKSHOP 1: Why end-to-end online retailing should be the next step for your dealership
  • Presented by Paul Stokes, head of online retailing at GForces, and Katie Newton, group business development manager at RRG Group

With GForces predicting the number of cars sold completely online will grow significantly by mid-2020, this workshop will show you why offering customers the option to complete the entire transaction on your website is an opportunity not to be missed.
The session will be presented by GForces’ head of online retailing Paul Stokes, who was previously managing director of Rockar. He will explain what the current marketplace position is and why we are seeing this change.
His role has been to look at the way GForces reacts to this, and he’ll explain what it has done and how dealers can change to facilitate this for their customers.
Stokes will be joined in this workshop by Katie Newton from RRG Group, which has recently adopted end-to-end online retailing on their website. She will explain why they wanted to do this and what sales they have seen already.

• WORKSHOP 2: The top three digital marketing tricks that deliver real results 
  • Presented by Tanesha Stafford, co-founder of Armchair Marketing, and Neil Smith, operations director at Imperial Cars 

‘Fifty per cent of your marketing works – the trouble is, we don’t know which 50 per cent!’
Every day, dealers spend money on being seen online, but what is the real value? In this session, ex-dealer marketer and co-founder of Armchair Marketing, Tanesha Stafford, will explain how a powerful, results-driven online strategy can positively boost your offline sales.
She will explain how you can get the maximum reach for your brand but in the most relevant context and with the desired impact. This session will give you simple advice that you can take back to your dealership immediately, to not only boost sales by driving in-market car buyers through your business, but also protect those customers from competitors and increase recruitment applications.
Stafford will be joined by Neil Smith, Imperial Cars operations director, who will explain how this marketing approach has helped his company expand from six to 13 sites in only three years.

CDX takes place at Farnborough International Exhibition and Conference Centre on June 12. Get your free tickets and find out more here.

Transparency, honesty and accuracy. Nothing else is needed.

4 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Transparency, honesty and accuracy. Nothing else is needed.

If you sell windows, glass, bibles and sniper rifles...

CDX is to do with motor trade where the above three are a NO NO

51 minutes ago, EPV said:

I’m all booked up. Me n Rory are gonna storm the stage and give a lecture on the best colour to paint alloy wheels.

And I will be in the audience asking tricky questions about retail preferences to gloss, satin or matt finishes

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

If you sell windows, glass, bibles and sniper rifles...

CDX is to do with motor trade where the above three are a NO NO

And I will be in the audience asking tricky questions about retail preferences to gloss, satin or matt finishes

Nick, I don’t understand your reply. What are you suggesting.   Transparency Honesty and Accuracy is a No No ?

It was meant more as a joke Simon, don't read too deep into it. 

By the way, there is a huge British company called Accuracy International. They don't sell cars. 

19 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I didn’t read more into it, it was intrigued, you implied 4K was realistic.

The £4K was in another thread and it is realistic. 

6 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

The £4K was in another thread and it is realistic. 

You implied 4K was realistic. Ok :).

My question was, what cars under 15k carry a 4K cap margin ? I don’t understand,  because all your cars are priced mid book and to make that sort of a margin you would have paid thousands under clean.... It doesn’t add up.. unless I’m missing something ? 

What do you mean by CAP margin?

The book might offer a £2K margin but if I buy for £1K less than book (possible, certainly) and can sell for £1K over book that margin just doubled. You are not missing anything at all. 

3 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

You implied 4K was realistic. Ok :).

My question was, what cars under 15k carry a 4K cap margin ? I don’t understand,  because all your cars are priced mid book and to make that sort of a margin you would have paid thousands under clean.... It doesn’t add up.. unless I’m missing something ? 

This is starting to sound like those guys you hear near the auction ring.’I will take 3 grand out of that,it will walz out’ followed by someone else ‘ would’nt get out of bed for 3 grand profit mate’.and another ‘ just took 2 grand out of a 99 Fiesta’. etc

2 minutes ago, trade vet said:

just took 2 grand out of a 99 Fiesta’.

When were these conversations, in 2001-2002? 

I often read on this forum about dealers' complete unwillingness to stock a high price-high spec-higher risk German car. If I take a plunge on something like that a dozen times a month I expect a bit of a reward higher than what a 3 year old Fiesta can (and should) bring. 

8 hours ago, trade vet said:

Perhaps he’s giving a workshop on how not to get into excessive debt? 

It wont be anything like a workshop on how to calm a screamer when one of Germany’s finest craps it’s pants :D:D:D

12 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

When were these conversations, in 2001-2002? 

I often read on this forum about dealers' complete unwillingness to stock a high price-high spec-higher risk German car. If I take a plunge on something like that a dozen times a month I expect a bit of a reward higher than what a 3 year old Fiesta can (and should) bring. 

Exactly my philosophy, absolutely steal it, then max it to the max ;)

Old shit will give you nothing but grief, and that includes Workshop customers Cars as well, 17 Cars repaired through my Workshop last week, and what's still here ................

Crappy old VW which isn't that complex compared to 10 plate upwards stuff, it has had multiple faults repaired, but still has one left that stubbornly refuses to be fixed :(

Old shit is just that, old shit !! It will bite your arse whether you are selling or repairing it :lol:

Speaking of German crap: How did you get on with your postie lady car? 

8 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

Exactly my philosophy, absolutely steal it, then max it to the max ;)

Old shit will give you nothing but grief, and that includes Workshop customers Cars as well, 17 Cars repaired through my Workshop last week, and what's still here ................

Crappy old VW which isn't that complex compared to 10 plate upwards stuff, it has had multiple faults repaired, but still has one left that stubbornly refuses to be fixed :(

Old shit is just that, old shit !! It will bite your arse whether you are selling or repairing it :lol:

14 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Speaking of German crap: How did you get on with your postie lady car? 

Tried window switches, no dice, ordered Right Front Motor / Module, which arrived Friday, will book her in this week some time ;)

Edited by Dave2302

53 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Tried window switches, no dice, ordered Right Front Motor / Module, which arrived Friday, will book her in this week some time ;)

I just (not me obviously but my appointed spanner swinger) had a BMW 1 back with front window down an inch - presumed switch, it was the motor.  For speed picked one up from BMW main agent, about £120 (used from £15 Ebay) - job done.