Sign in to follow this  
j4ck100

XC90 active vinyl seat tear - repair?

Afternoon all,

I've got a 2009 XC90 active in stock which has a rip in the 'pleather' side of the seat, very common i hear.

Been quoted £100 by a mobile car upholstery guy, but just wondering if anyone has any hacks/tips to sort this cheaper than that? Car is worth 6k ish, margins are precious these days as we all know so slightly hesitant to spend that kind of money!

Cheers

Jack

IMG_6847.jpg

It's a Volvo - Volvo buyers want proper cars even at lesser end, so personally I'd get it done properly and that clearly needs a new piece. If you get that bodged it will look horrendous.

£100 is no brainer to me.

Edited by SC Derby
  • Like 1

Personally I'd be all over that bloke for a £100 repair on that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, j4ck100 said:

Afternoon all,

I've got a 2009 XC90 active in stock which has a rip in the 'pleather' side of the seat, very common i hear.

Been quoted £100 by a mobile car upholstery guy, but just wondering if anyone has any hacks/tips to sort this cheaper than that? Car is worth 6k ish, margins are precious these days as we all know so slightly hesitant to spend that kind of money!

Cheers

Jack

IMG_6847.jpg

tell us who can do that for £100 and this time next year you will have to join a very long queue to get any work done by him

its a bargain

its a steal

in fact if i was him i would want more now

enough to choke a donkey on.................. indeed

29 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Can you share his number?

Maybe it is worth wait for the result first?

2 hours ago, j4ck100 said:

Afternoon all,

Cheers

Jack

IMG_6847.jpg

Let’s wait for results. 

37 minutes ago, DPF said:

Let’s wait for results. 

Black gaffer tape :lol:

• Like 1

Blenheim car sales recommended Trim Tec  in Potters lane Wednesbury Ws10 0AT to me. Nice guy called Joe, sorted out the side bolster same as yours for £50 in perforated leather. Great job done, depends if you are near to him. That does involve removing the seat for him though and dropping it off. So really £100 for a mobile service does seem decent value, if you value as you should your own time.

My guy will do it for slightly less but with so much damage I will probably take this to B Trim in Enfield. They will remove the piece(s) and replace it with brand new material. Around £120 depending how many pieces need replacing. The downside: they'll need the seat or the car for 2 days. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

My guy will do it for slightly less but with so much damage I will probably take this to B Trim in Enfield. They will remove the piece(s) and replace it with brand new material. Around £120 depending how many pieces need replacing. The downside: they'll need the seat or the car for 2 days. 

Replacing with new material is definitely better for £120. 

I remember a client having a new seat cover under warranty.  The Volvo dealer initially tried to say it might have been the drivers weight that caused the split, customer pointed out it was his wife’s car, told her what was said and sent her in.  Not sure what was said but done under warranty!  

Was and guess is a real common fault and £100 is a great result.

I pay 45 for a new pvc (leather) panel to be sown in on these, same as a 1 series. To me £100 appears expensive but maybe I've been lucky all the years with my local guy. 

On 20/02/2019 at 10:58 PM, Dealer said:

I pay 45 for a new pvc (leather) panel to be sown in on these, same as a 1 series. To me £100 appears expensive but maybe I've been lucky all the years with my local guy. 

Where to buy pvc leather ?

3 hours ago, DPF said:

Where to buy pvc leather ?

Soho 

• Like 1

On 22/02/2019 at 6:12 PM, EPV said:

Soho 

Ex-gimp mask material.