Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

Your current longest car in stock....

I'm very pleased to announce I've just taken a deposit on my TT (just under wiping its face)..... Been in stock since 14/05/18...

• Like 1

Couldn’t make it to a year :-) 

i have an Audi since 23 Sept. every time I go away someone wants to come and buy it THAT DAY! 

No more trips for two months so I can see the back of it! 

3 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I'm very pleased to announce I've just taken a deposit on my TT (just under wiping its face)..... Been in stock since 14/05/18...

just remember nothings sold till your holding the folding

i assume you are now going to take it on a long drive to see if it poops its pants or a brake seizes up ,would be madness not to:)

oh and well done dont buy another

Edited by boring dave
v for drive

2 minutes ago, boring dave said:

just remember nothings sold till your holding the folding

i assume you are now going to take it on a long drive to see if it poops its pants or a brake seizes up ,would be madness not to:)

oh and well done dont buy another

Thanks for the advice Dave....

Since my new payment process I've not had a no show / non payer in over 2 years, if it falls through, I'll eat my Halfords socket set on video for you :) 

• Like 6

Three more months and you could have got the cake, card and party poppers out! Missed opportunity in my book.

297 days and counting for our Clio diesel estate with a couple of others hot on it's heels.

We sold one in December that we had for 240 days, also sold one in Jan that we had 183 days and another one from Jan we had 240 days and got a viewing in the morning on one we have had for 240 days, strange job but glad to get rid of the long standers.

Mini Cooper Auto I have had the pleasure of looking at since 16 September. Not one call, not one viewing. :D

Congrats on shifting the TT

Amateurs. Try a Jeep Cherokee still being repaired since 2015, 4 mechanics plus 2 visits to Jeep.

50 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

We’ve got a Tigra that’s been in around 400 days

only done 50k as well 

That surprises me, I bought one two weeks ago, Sold in under a week with good margin and the phone rang off the hook. 

Longest currently in stock is a Laguna diesel estate I’ve had for three months without a phone call.

4 hours ago, Lakeside said:

That surprises me, I bought one two weeks ago, Sold in under a week with good margin and the phone rang off the hook. 

Longest currently in stock is a Laguna diesel estate I’ve had for three months without a phone call.

No surprise here, 4 years ago I had to sell a Tigra at £1500 and I know of a fellow trader who currently has had one for months. At the last count this 60K car was £999 and still no interest. Tbh they’re even less desirable than Micra C+Cs.

As for 08 onwards Lagunas - very hard work in in estate format. A shame because the quality is on a different planet to the earlier cars but I guess it’s the ex-rep. market that punters simply don’t want them unless they’re dog shit cheap.

2 minutes ago, tradex said:

what's up with it?

I was wondering that, only thing I can think is 4 Inept Twats and 2 visits to a shit main stealer, I'd have EBaye'd it long long time ago, well actually I wouldn't, I'd have fixed it !!

There's a challenge TG, transporter it up here, and if I can't fix it I'll pay the transporter back !! ;) 

I've never been beaten yet, a couple have needed 2 goes before they got sent back fixed, and one actually was here 3 months, (in between other jobs), and needed 3 goes to get it 100%, but in fairness to me it did have 3 faulty parts all giving the same "Offset Airflow Drift" Code ;) 

• Like 1

At over 3 years in stock, that would have long since been Ebayed with a genuine no reserve - you'll fix that car eventually and it will haunt you.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tradex said:

what's up with it?

Drives fine but eventually goes into limp mode. Back to the dealers I reckon

Dave I might actually take you up on that. I know it should have been shifted long ago, but it was that net of "we're losing so much it's better to fix it and get as much as possible for it."

But the time has come to give it up.

3 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

Drives fine but eventually goes into limp mode.

Trouble with these kind of faults, from my experience.  

It is hard to tell when it is fixed because you can drive and drive the car = no faults.  Then randomly (usually post sale) the fault reoccurs and you're back to square one, only worse because you then also have a screaming customer to manage as well.

4 hours ago, BHM said:

No surprise here, 4 years ago I had to sell a Tigra at £1500 and I know of a fellow trader who currently has had one for months. At the last count this 60K car was £999 and still no interest. Tbh they’re even less desirable than Micra C+Cs.

As for 08 onwards Lagunas - very hard work in in estate format. A shame because the quality is on a different planet to the earlier cars but I guess it’s the ex-rep. market that punters simply don’t want them unless they’re dog shit cheap.

Maybe I was lucky then, £1295 mine was and sold for the full asking price. It was mint, 80k and full history. Picked it up from BCA for £250+fees as it was sold with roof fault. Turned out the boot wasn’t shut properly and the roof actually worked perfectly.

As for the Laguna, yes it’s a 10 plate 1.5 diesel, again with full history but not had a sniff.

14 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Brilliant - I get some cars that I initially really like and then they sit around so long I get sick of the sight of them and I begin to hate the things.

Currently my fairly overage (90 days) includes:

2011 (61) - V50 2 Owner but up on the miles at 130k

2011 (11) - Kia Soul 2 Owner FDSH 61K 

Plus this:

2010 (60) - Renault Clio 72k in black - plenty of enquiries but no sale and at 174 days in stock.  Owes me nowt and is taxed/used as current loan car.

I won't drop the price, I own the cars and it will be two of those "just takes that one buyer" cars.

40 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

Drives fine but eventually goes into limp mode. Back to the dealers I reckon

Dave I might actually take you up on that. I know it should have been shifted long ago, but it was that net of "we're losing so much it's better to fix it and get as much as possible for it."

But the time has come to give it up.

11 minutes ago, tradex said:

I used to sell a LOT of Jeeps. B)

By eventually is that after numerous from cold to fully hot runs, a day, a week etc, only on a long run? 

Year, miles, diesel/auto, manual/auto?what codes typically thrown. 

Yeah, give us the details, we might be able to diagnose it over the internet ;) 

Oh, btw forget the Dealers, you'll get fleeced at parts darts ;)

4 minutes ago, tradex said:

Am unsold black Clio with nice miles, pull the ad in the newsagents and put it on AT:D

It's a bit of a povy spec (no A/C) https://www.imperial-marques.co.uk/cars/renault/clio/extreme/206836/

I know it is a bit pricey but dropping it to 25 had a negative effect on enquiries.  Been on AT since day 1, plenty of calls but only 1 messer viewed.

Loaned to 2 customers whom both raved about how well it drives.  I used it myself for two days and it really is spot on (for what it is).

4 minutes ago, tradex said:

Using nothing more than crystal ball, ouijda board, rabbits foot and divining sticks.....winky emoji

BIG LOL .....................

I was actually thinking once we know some more could set up Team Viewer on a Delphi Diagnostic Laptop !!

I do that shit with an Aussie mate and a Yank mate on Mercedes SDS on occasions ;)

96838963_crystal-ball.jpg

Just got rid of my longest standing car so far, it was a Mondeo Estate Titanium X 2008 with only 70k on the clock, had it for 85 days, glad to see the back of it!

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

It's a bit of a povy spec (no A/C) https://www.imperial-marques.co.uk/cars/renault/clio/extreme/206836/

I know it is a bit pricey but dropping it to 25 had a negative effect on enquiries.  Been on AT since day 1, plenty of calls but only 1 messer viewed.

Loaned to 2 customers whom both raved about how well it drives.  I used it myself for two days and it really is spot on (for what it is).

somebodies stolen 2 doors off it,find them put them back on and it will fly away;)

1 hour ago, Mikey360 said:

Just got rid of my longest standing car so far, it was a Mondeo Estate Titanium X 2008 with only 70k on the clock, had it for 85 days, glad to see the back of it!

dont forget if you ever want to see the back of a car just spin it round in its parking space:D

Just now, Ocsltd said:

Ha, brilliant! :D

I'm going to start whinging about all my other stock now :lol: