Mark101

Manheim vs. BCA

I have finally registered with Manheim after they agreed to match my account status with BCA and waive the £70 sign up fee.

Being a loyal BCAer for the past year, I am completely proficient with their online systems and catalogues but am finding Manheim's site more difficult to navigate.  Is it just me, or is it that I have got comfortable with BCA?

The information within Manheim is more thorough IMO but I can't seem to filter by budget.  I.e. look for a 1 Series Beemer (repeat customer request) and it brings up everything from £1k to £30k).  Yes, I can limit the age range but that isn't the be all - i.e. a low mileage older car can be worth more than a newer high miler.

On the whole though, which do you prefer?

This is why I just look at what’s ending that day. Under 70k, petrol, margin only, etc and then put in watching what I’m potentially interested in. 

I quite like the Manheim site over BCA, but it’s like Apple and Android I suppose. I’m very much Apple. 

You’ll get to grips with it after a while. 

BTW kMoney For Motors’ is like WBAC so be careful with them. 

10 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

This is why I just look at what’s ending that day. Under 70k, petrol, margin only, etc and then put in watching what I’m potentially interested in. 

I quite like the Manheim site over BCA, but it’s like Apple and Android I suppose. I’m very much Apple. 

You’ll get to grips with it after a while. 

BTW kMoney For Motors’ is like WBAC so be careful with them. 

Cheers NOA

I an Apple and BBC B only - cannot work Android.

I'm finding the fees of BCA ridiculous, assured fee now over £50, I bought a car for 2k dead, £2400 final invoice, then the f**kers invoiced me for storage on the day it was collected. One upset benji right here

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

I have finally registered with Manheim after they agreed to match my account status with BCA and waive the £70 sign up fee.

Being a loyal BCAer for the past year, I am completely proficient with their online systems and catalogues but am finding Manheim's site more difficult to navigate.  Is it just me, or is it that I have got comfortable with BCA?

The information within Manheim is more thorough IMO but I can't seem to filter by budget.  I.e. look for a 1 Series Beemer (repeat customer request) and it brings up everything from £1k to £30k).  Yes, I can limit the age range but that isn't the be all - i.e. a low mileage older car can be worth more than a newer high miler.

On the whole though, which do you prefer?

Manheim closed our account as didn't purchase anything for a couple of years as fees were ridiculous and on top of that they add silver sure check to everything and that's an extra & £35. Bca are too expensive and was thinking of joining back with manheim but just haven't got around to do it. What card you on at bca to waver the £70 fee at manheim? 

13 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Manheim closed our account as didn't purchase anything for a couple of years as fees were ridiculous and on top of that they add silver sure check to everything and that's an extra & £35. Bca are too expensive and was thinking of joining back with manheim but just haven't got around to do it. What card you on at bca to waver the £70 fee at manheim? 

BCA Gold = Silver Manheim

Trouble being, I am about 2 months off Platinum at current run rate - decisions decisions.

Edited by Mark101

Well you got your manheim card now and it does work on a yearly basis like bca so carry on buying from bca get your platinum and you are sorted :D

Yeah Bca is easier to navigate but Manheim more thorough. 

Manheim really need to make it easier for online buying!

I use them both and find the prices on bread and butter slightly cheaper at bca, however manhiem. Bristol has a lane from our local days ie ford main dealer which does add credibility when selling a fiesta to have it stamped from our local dealer. 

6 minutes ago, tradex said:

With platinum come cheaper breakfasts:D

That's the dilema :lol:

Mark, when you've entered your search requirements on desktop and the vehicle’s appear.... at the top you’ll see “vehicle description” “odometer” then CAP.... if you click on CAP clean it’ll show either the most expensive descending, click again and it’ll show the cheapest ascending HTH 

I have gone platinum with BCA for the last year, I have bought 2 cars out of Manheim in 3 1/2 years of trading, their website is garbage in my opinion, at least in BCA if iI search JOHN COOPER  WORKS i get all the Mini JCW stock, in Manheim, I get a mini cooper and a John deere tractor.... great.

I can't be bothered learning how their site works, its not friendly ( to me anyway ) and I get bored of trying to make it work properly and lose interest very quickly.

I guess it proves ( at least to me ) that website functionality is very important.

Manheims fees are a little more and they add vat to them from what i understand?

BCA fee gold is £206

Manheim equivalent is £190plus 20% = £228

Just another way to confuse you and milk more pennies out:ph34r:

36 minutes ago, Mat C said:

I have gone platinum with BCA for the last year, I have bought 2 cars out of Manheim in 3 1/2 years of trading, their website is garbage in my opinion, at least in BCA if iI search JOHN COOPER  WORKS i get all the Mini JCW stock, in Manheim, I get a mini cooper and a John deere tractor.... great.

I can't be bothered learning how their site works, its not friendly ( to me anyway ) and I get bored of trying to make it work properly and lose interest very quickly.

I guess it proves ( at least to me ) that website functionality is very important.

Do you notice a much fee difference between platinum and gold?

Much more stock at BCA currently. 

Deals to be had everywhere if you sift through enough shit. Pays to stick with one for better fees and membership IMO. 

8 minutes ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Manheims fees are a little more and they add vat to them from what i understand?

BCA fee gold is £206

Manheim equivalent is £190plus 20% = £228

Just another way to confuse you and milk more pennies out:ph34r:

They don’t add vat to their buyer fees only to online buyer fee

3 hours ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

I think it washes out around £50 a car if its assured........ x 100 cars a year = £5k saving 

PLUS - you get half price breakfast.... which has meant i've needed to buy bigger trousers... 

5 hours ago, EPV said:

They don’t add vat to their buyer fees only to online buyer fee

Im sure when i looked at their fee list...with all the cards listed it did say plus vat.

Do they charge an online charge like BCA rip off online fee?

2 hours ago, Mat C said:

I think it washes out around £50 a car if its assured........ x 100 cars a year = £5k saving 

PLUS - you get half price breakfast.... which has meant i've needed to buy bigger trousers... 

I would never eat from a grotty place like that...:P

19 minutes ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Im sure when i looked at their fee list...with all the cards listed it did say plus vat.

Do they charge an online charge like BCA rip off online fee?

I would never eat from a grotty place like that...:P

Well I looked at an invoice...

Just made my first purchase Online from Manheim, so I will check the invoice when it arrives.  + VAT/makes no odds as it will be reclaimed anyway?

On 03/02/2019 at 11:02 AM, andymc1973 said:

free food stopped at Manheim Washington the greedy twats

It’s on its 5th franchisee in as many months.