ExCouncilJobsworth

Warranty for home trader

35 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

The lawgistics warranty booklet largely mirrors the CRA anyway so it's not really putting you in any worse position but certainly increases perceived professionalism. 

Bang on ;)

Self or you pay twice.

You are covering stuff under the CRA - If you cover stuff under CRA why not get your salesperson hat on and then market that as a warranty which covers the basics anyway and upsell extended cover. 

I used to do third party, now do self. I wouldn't ever go back. Third party are useful for certain circumstances, rare occasions and it doesn't take an expert to work out what I mean.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend A1 Approved , they'll tailor a product for you , take all the calls (and flack!) and supply all the booklets and as you'll be self funding you'll have a nice little pot build up .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JA Trader said:

Im fairly new to this been trading around 10 months have a good turn over of cars normally 3/4 a month and okay money on it. Have a full time job aswell but will look to do this full time in future.

The next step i think for me is to be able to offer a warranty and based on this thread i think i am going to go with a self warranty.

What or who do you all use for some sort of warranty booklet to give to the clients ?

Do you offer it at an additional cost or standard with every purchase ?

Main reason we want to look to offer it is to look more professional and put the customers mind at ease a little.

Our main cars are the early R50 minis with low mileage. Few fiestas and BMW here and there as well.

I suggest you start a polite new post introducing yourself first to this forum first before you expect us to help you. We are a community, not an information service.

Edited by Arfur Dealy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anglo9 said:

I'd wholeheartedly recommend A1 Approved , they'll tailor a product for you , take all the calls (and flack!) and supply all the booklets and as you'll be self funding you'll have a nice little pot build up .

Correct. 

13 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I suggest you start a polite new post introducing yourself first to this forum first before you expect us to help you. We are a community, not an information service.

Apologies that really wasn't my intention.

I have been reading the forum in the background for a while and thought i would create an account.

Apologies if i offended anyone. I have created a new thread with my queery.

Edited by JA Trader

On 05/06/2019 at 8:21 AM, Rory RSC said:

If you don't offer warranty whats the point of buying from you over and above a private sale.

Three reasons. Cars correctly prepared (i.e. money spent on them to sell) & honestly advertised. 

Both are things that 99% of private sellers fail to do.

I've been deliberating over if and which warranty company to use. I'm not between Mark's recommendation of A1 Approved and Lawgistics.

Any opinion regarding Lawgistics Administered vs Self-Administered? I'm thinking the former is a bit less of a headache, and they know better how to deal with people taking the mickey?

Lawgistics warranty support was fucking appalling. A1's is spot on.

10 minutes ago, EPV said:

Thanks James. Which A1 Approved is it? The one in London or the one in Leeds? Two different websites. Thank you 

3 hours ago, tradegirl said:

Thanks James. Which A1 Approved is it? The one in London or the one in Leeds? Two different websites. Thank you 

Leeds

4 hours ago, EPV said:

On 6/5/2019 at 7:06 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

James, can you explain why A1 are way above Lawgistics, what's the difference ? 

Edited by Arfur Dealy

12 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

James, can you explain why A1 are way above Lawgistics, what's the difference ? 

Lawgistics -Fantastic company really really good and I rate them highly. General consensus they want to fight a lot. Their warranty aftercare wasn't so good for EPV if you recall the Q5 preggers lady / kids in car post.

I think with A1 they are on side, set up like a conventional warranty company and have a more flexible approach. Probably just better set up to deal with the admin side of warranties.

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

Lawgistics -Fantastic company really really good and I rate them highly. General consensus they want to fight a lot. Their warranty aftercare wasn't so good for EPV if you recall the Q5 preggers lady / kids in car post.

I think with A1 they are on side, set up like a conventional warranty company and have a more flexible approach. Probably just better set up to deal with the admin side of warranties.

are you using them?

5 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

are you using them?

Warrantywise for legal services.

A1 I don't I just do it entirely in house, but I don't mind taking the calls and I actively want all cars back to base. If I didn't A1 would be spot on.