Sign in to follow this  
James Bush

Any Jimny Buyers??

We've just taken a 58 reg Jimny in px, fairly tidy thing, few rust blebs around back window and the front bumper has a small crack low low. 138k mile with excellent service history. Starts, drives and stops fine and its an Auto - only issue is there's no reverse gear - any buyers for it? Thanks

1 hour ago, James Bush said:

and its an Auto - only issue is there's no reverse gear - any buyers for it?

I am sure that someone forward thinking will snap it up James. I recently saw a low mileage one go through BCA. Sold for £6500 at almost 9 years old. The price new was around £14000 and to this day this is the best residual value I've seen on a car that is not a limited edition and not a classic. 

Dave will snap your hand off - cheap 4x4/Scotland/Ex-Gearbox Guru - he is a prime candidate.

11 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Dave will snap your hand off

I have the feeling James will need at least three times as much as Dave would want to pay, plus I don't think Suzukis will set his pulse racing :-)

I haven't given a lot for it, and honest customer told me about the no reverse.

I've watched a few go through auction and are always amazed and the prices they fetch

I work at a Suzuki Dealer, Any Jimny is gold dust at the moment.

Best thing to do with that mileage is whack it on dealer auction if you can, our trade Jimnys we tend to be making about £500 at least through Dealer Auction.

13 minutes ago, Dan W said:

I work at a Suzuki Dealer, Any Jimny is gold dust at the moment.

Why do they like them so much???

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

Why do they like them so much???

Get one waist deep in mud and you will realise why ;)

45 minutes ago, Stalker said:

Get one waist deep in mud and you will realise why 

I guess I'll never find out...

You could find out as long as you don’t need to come out backwards :-) could be the best £1000 you ever spend :-)

Just now, James Bush said:

could be the best £1000 you ever spend

Could it possibly be the best £500? 

• Like 1

Have a 57 plate Jimny sitting with a knackered gearbox and 2nd hand boxes for these are 1000+ absoloute shit boxs and rear floor pans rust badly too.

I once lifted up the back seat on a ‘minter’ at the block, I could of changed the propshaft u.j. through the hole in the floor. The hole was almost the size of the rear seat base :lol:

16 hours ago, James Bush said:

We've just taken a 58 reg Jimny in px, fairly tidy thing, few rust blebs around back window and the front bumper has a small crack low low. 138k mile with excellent service history. Starts, drives and stops fine and its an Auto - only issue is there's no reverse gear - any buyers for it? Thanks

Hi James, I would be interested if you wouldn't mind pming me some details, a couple of pics and a price. I'm local enough to you too so could do a deal. Cheers

13 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

I couldn't work it out for a while, its basically because they seem to be bomb proof.

Our customers wont have a bad work against them engines go forever, small 4x4 goes anywhere in any conditions.

they just tend to rust and need welding on the older models but other than that its a certainly seller all year round.

We do well with these- particularly if you can find a n auto.

Apart from the above mentioned issues, they have a Landrover-esque front hub set up where it's a fixed ball stub axle(?) where the gubbins slide over the sphere.  These rust and can be a killer if need to replace it all.

Scottish Dave or someone else might be able to put the above into non-t**t language. ;0)

Yup we only have an allocation of 8 this year, all sold already

cant take any orders until next year......... bloody demo model is sat out there every day at least 5 people come and want to drive it / apparently try to order and we cant do a thing.

18 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

I have the feeling James will need at least three times as much as Dave would want to pay, plus I don't think Suzukis will set his pulse racing :-)

LMFAO

We've not physically met yet and Nick knows me only too well :D

I'm not actually sure that would sell well up here, all the crofters love 4X4 Crew Cab Trux ;)

4 hours ago, Linctrader said:

Hi James, I would be interested if you wouldn't mind pming me some details, a couple of pics and a price. I'm local enough to you too so could do a deal. Cheers

messaged you

5 hours ago, Dan W said:

Yup we only have an allocation of 8 this year

Only 8 for the whole year? Why are Suzuki so tight with the availability. If you had a Ferrari franchise you'd have higher numbers allocated.

I imagine it is one of Suzuki's less profitable models and therefore is used as a carrot/bargaining chip to encourage/force dealers to sell there more profitable models.

Can you imagine - all the dealers would sell is Jimny's otherwise.

19 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Hi Nick,

Most of them have been going abroad the past few years which explains the high residuals here. I believe many have ended up in cyprus where its right hand drive.

4 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I imagine it is one of Suzuki's less profitable models

Well if the demand is so high put the price up and MAKE IT more profitable! Steal market share from another manufacturer...

8 units per year allocation, this is not very helpful for their dealer network. 

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

Only 8 for the whole year? Why are Suzuki so tight with the availability. If you had a Ferrari franchise you'd have higher numbers allocated.

Factory cant build them quick enough, for the uk market only 1100 are being brought in for 2019 so its roughly about 8 per dealer !

2020 only 2000 units are expected to come into the uk.

I know its a pain we could have sold 60 already