JimmyGlen

New Shape Mustang 5.0 - Kiss of Death or Good News?

Hi Guys,

I usually just get on with it, but when reviewing whats currently for sale, there appears to be a startling number of these things for sale with lovely summer back drops (nice green trees/bushes), indicating there are a fair few hanging around for sale. And for quite some time! 

Any one any experiences? 

The lads looking to p/x against '15 Merc CLA45 Shooting Brake. His Mustang is orange in colour, 16k miles, manual and three owners already (EEK!)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciate. 

Cheers, 

Stephen 

No experience personally, do you have retail check to see how long these beasts have been sitting at dealers for?

id think you’d be well placed to offer this sort of thing, an would expect someone to be willing to travel. Good luck, buy it right giving you the choice to trade out of it? Maybe place a speculative due in ad on cartotrade?

Thanks for the replies so far guys. Would be helpful if Rory pics up on this. 

Just Looking; I dont have retail check. Had a go of it before. Nice info provided by it, but too many pennies for me! 

2 minutes ago, JimmyGlen said:

Thanks for the replies so far guys. Would be helpful if Rory pics up on this. 

Just Looking; I dont have retail check. Had a go of it before. Nice info provided by it, but too many pennies for me! 

Not sure if it helps.

When I was working as an employee, my HQ was in Vegas and I hired a Mustang for a week to drive from LA to San Fran and back (week long road trip).  It has to be done in a drop top Mustang, or so I thought...........

What a dissapointment, it was only the 3.7l (I think but defo not 5.0).  Crap, slow, unrefined, cheap.

Your PX = lots of owners, just saying...............

Stephen - Was a disaster for me. It won't be for you if you bid them in the nuts on it and price it keenly.  

Every single person that turned up on site commented on it and how nice it was. Had lots of dreamers and enquiries mainly just wanting to come and test drive the thing with no intention of buying. This was a 1 owner 6000 mile job I didn't pay particularly strong money for with quite good spec. 

I would not be seeking to buy another. Was sick of the sight and sound of the thing when it eventually drove off with someone who had been looking ages. 

The only thing I would do differently  toretail them would potentially be to order one of the american styling kits and make it look like the one on the grand tour last week or something towards that type of thing anyway.  I think they need to stand out. All the parts just stick on and are peanuts and then you could charge more for a unique one off type car. My 2p.

i would say it is a very niche car indeed

as rory says they need subtle customising

but doing this may rob a customer who wants just factory one so he can give it the lights and spoilers tweak

i would consider whether your location for selling this is an assert or a ball breaker

20 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Stephen - Was a disaster for me. It won't be for you if you bid them in the nuts on it and price it keenly.  

Every single person that turned up on site commented on it and how nice it was. Had lots of dreamers and enquiries mainly just wanting to come and test drive the thing with no intention of buying. This was a 1 owner 6000 mile job I didn't pay particularly strong money for with quite good spec. 

I would not be seeking to buy another. Was sick of the sight and sound of the thing when it eventually drove off with someone who had been looking ages. 

The only thing I would do differently  toretail them would potentially be to order one of the american styling kits and make it look like the one on the grand tour last week or something towards that type of thing anyway.  I think they need to stand out. All the parts just stick on and are peanuts and then you could charge more for a unique one off type car. My 2p.

Brilliant @Rory RSC thanks for the input. Invaluable. 

Pretty much confirms what I thought, looking over the photos. I shall bid accordingly! Everything has a value! 

Cheers,

Stephen 

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

Not sure if it helps.

When I was working as an employee, my HQ was in Vegas and I hired a Mustang for a week to drive from LA to San Fran and back (week long road trip).  It has to be done in a drop top Mustang, or so I thought...........

What a dissapointment, it was only the 3.7l (I think but defo not 5.0).  Crap, slow, unrefined, cheap.

It's the sort of car that will have nine owners by it's 8th birthday.

Well, that sorts that! 

Think the mans still running .... Hate hitting peoples trade-in really hard, but with this, I think it was the only way I'd want to entertain it.

Thanks again for everyones input. 

Have a smashing weekend! 

Stephen 

If you fancy trading it then send me a message :)

1 hour ago, JimmyGlen said:

Well, that sorts that! 

Think the mans still running .... Hate hitting peoples trade-in really hard, but with this, I think it was the only way I'd want to entertain it.

Thanks again for everyones input. 

Have a smashing weekend! 

Stephen 

Out of interest, what did it book at?

I always wanted one of these but when it came to it, common sense prevailed. Not at all practical, massive outside, tiny inside and 20mpg.

if I was ever to have one then would need to be dark colour and auto too. I like bright colours but an orange mustang is not a statement I’d like to be making. 

A CLA 45 shooting brake makes a lot more sense :) 

Edited by CCC

4 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Not sure if it helps.

If you want to look like a tourist,do the PCH in a Mustang Convertible....How many Mustangs do you see in LA ,not many.

Have done a few of these over the last couple of years.  Early 2016 we were selling for overs then as cars came back we sold a couple to exporters for Malaysia, last couple were quite hard to shift and needed to be very well priced as the Northern Ford dealers seem to sell them very cheap.

5.0 V8 Auto Coupe is the best one but needs to have Custom pack.  We did two cabs and one cab came back twice and both time took ages to go.

Have also known of two cars having new engines under warranty plus lots of other smaller build quality issues.

2 hours ago, BCC said:

If you fancy trading it then send me a message :)

You have mail

1 hour ago, CCC said:

I always wanted one of these but when it came to it, common sense prevailed. Not at all practical, massive outside, tiny inside and 20mpg.

if I was ever to have one then would need to be dark colour and auto too. I like bright colours but an orange mustang is not a statement I’d like to be making. 

A CLA 45 shooting brake makes a lot more sense :) 

Step this way Sir ... ;)

Early 2016 auto 5.0 v8 coupe quite popular but now difficult unless cheap. M4 is much better.