jimreidvehicle

Just another crazy day in the Motortrade- MUST READ

I always say there is never a bleak moment in the motortrade, but I thought I would give you an insight in to my day today!

8.20 am Customer calls in to say that she has just collected a free loan car from us, she had driven it to a shop car park before collecting her daughter to take her to school. ( no she's not had an accident) but she is in a panic " I can't get the key in the ignition!! I need to collect my daughter and I can't get the car started" I explained that she had most likely knocked on the steering lock and spoke her through how to use both hands etc etc! But no, she's now really panicking now and can hear her talking to someone else and overheard him saying that it would fit in. So without a second thought I jumped in my truck with the spare key for the loan car and drove the 3 miles to the shop where she flagged me down. As I jumped out she said " it just won't work"  he was holding the key in her hand, I asked her to let me have the keys and which point I said well this is the problem, 'what do you mean?" I said "you are trying to start my Peugeot loan car with YOUR Seat Altea key" As she held her hand on her head and said "what a stupid bitch" lets say I didn't suggest otherwise! So I jumped in the truck, drove 200 yards up the road and then thought well if thats her Seat Altea key then how are we going to start the service on hers, so back I went!!!!!!!

9.30 am - I get a phone call from a really good customer of mine who is experiencing difficult with Skoda with his 2 year old Yeti showing signs of Zinc Induction in the paintwork, although the Dealer agrees , the manufacturer rejects the claim, so after 'discussing' the finer detail via Twitter with Skoda last night, Skoda actually called my customer to say that they wee to look at it again !! Result!! and another plus for Social Media

10.15am- Same good customer calls again to say that he wouldn't require Skoda to look at the car paintwork again , as a RangeRover had just reversed into him when he was at Tesco and that the panels damaged were the same ones that required the warranty claim!!!! Can you believe it?

Lunchtime:- Received a really odd call from a guy, saying that he worked for a very well known Car Dealership in Edinburgh, but he had broken down and was without his mobile phone and was therefore calling from a phone box in Glasgow, he explained that he was on the way to meet his managing Director, a contact of mine throw Social Media and someone I have also done business with but he wanted me to give his mobile number to him so he could tell him he would be late!!! So why call me , where is the connection, his reason.......there was a letterhead in the car he was driving with my details on it???? Strange or what? I did my best but only gave him the contacts landline at the dealership, I then tweeted my contact, turns out he has no idea who the guy was and that he had no meetings planned for today!!!! WEIRD!! JUST WEIRD!!!

3.00pm- Go into Aberdeen to collect an Audi I had underwritten for a new supplier, as it was the first car we had bought from them I decided to collect and check the car over to drive it home. So met up with the guy in Aberdeen and it was parked on the street side, now this Q3 was priced well behind CAP as the pictures I saw showed that the car had required at least two if not three panels of paint so , I allowed a bit more as i thought if if it need 2-3 panels it may need the wholes side painted. So as I inspected the car on the roadside in mid Aberdeen on a busy road, I ran my finger up the mark on the side of the car only to find that the mark came away with my finger !!! RESULT!

So to top the day Phil sold one Andy sold a second and I have been asked to set aside another Q3 for customers from Inverness!

So as you can see just another day in the mad world of the motortrade!

Edited by jimreidvehicle
spelling
  • Like 1