Sign in to follow this  
Dealer

Fiat 500 Mileage Flashing On Speedo

Hoping someone can help me as Fiat have just quoted me £1600 to get these issues fixed, but I do know a great mobile mechanic who may be able to help me. 

I have a 64 plate Fiat 500 Cult - coming up to 93000 miles, mileage started flashing around 2 months ago and the Blue & Me stopped working. Took it into Fiat today to see if there was anything on the computer and apparently the Blue and Me needs replacing at a cost of £480 (leave it was my response)!

Second fault - the petrol gauge itself works perfectly fine, the range however keeps going to empty with plenty of fuel left in. I've been quoted £1100 as apparently the whole speedo needs replacing (this is the only fault on the speedo) The finance is due up November of this year and I have a baby on the way, my questions is will the car die? (as I need it for work) and if not is there any other known fixes that won't cost me a ridiculous amount of money?!

Any help would be appreciated!

5 hours ago, Becciwells91 said:

Hoping someone can help me as Fiat have just quoted me £1600 to get these issues fixed, but I do know a great mobile mechanic who may be able to help me. 

I have a 64 plate Fiat 500 Cult - coming up to 93000 miles, mileage started flashing around 2 months ago and the Blue & Me stopped working. Took it into Fiat today to see if there was anything on the computer and apparently the Blue and Me needs replacing at a cost of £480 (leave it was my response)!

Second fault - the petrol gauge itself works perfectly fine, the range however keeps going to empty with plenty of fuel left in. I've been quoted £1100 as apparently the whole speedo needs replacing (this is the only fault on the speedo) The finance is due up November of this year and I have a baby on the way, my questions is will the car die? (as I need it for work) and if not is there any other known fixes that won't cost me a ridiculous amount of money?!

Please introduce yourself and your business properly.... How long have you been a Motor Dealer ?

For all our trade friends:D:D, we fixed one of these recently with the U173387 code in(missing message)We removed the old bluetooth ecu,handily (not) ,located behind the n/s/r inner panel(not in the boot,but next to where the left hand rear passenger would sit)you only have to remove all the rear seats front seat belt and inner panel !!, got the part number of the old unit,rang our local friendly Fiat dealer to confirm it was the correct part no. and managed to find one on E-bay.com in the Netherlands.Fitted it and did Proxy alignment,all ok except the voice commands were in Dutch,but you can downlaod langauge change from the Fiat blue and me website,did that and all ok,Bit of an epic but only cost 100 euros inc post for the part.Bit of persistance and we can fix some of these problems without too much cost,will always try and share these fixes and hope it will help others,regards to all,Peter

9 hours ago, Becciwells91 said:

Baby is on the way, so you won't need the car for work for much longer will you?

7 hours ago, Boycie said:

Baby is on the way, so you won't need the car for work for much longer will you?

:lol: Practical advice.

On 1/18/2019 at 9:58 PM, Dealer said:

Just got a 2012 model in, mileage flashes constantly on the speedometer, anyone had this problem? Driven a fair amount in it, still persists, knocked ignition on and off, still persists, removed battery for ten mins........ Still persists! 

No more fiat's! 

Had the same thing before, change the battery. Usually means the battery means charging.