MrC

Trade plate receipt

Sent my cheque off mid December, not heard a bean and the cheques not been cashed. I usually have the letter by now. Anyone else waiting?

4 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

I remembered what happened last year and sent mine off ASAP. Got it back before Christmas. He said smugly!

Apply early got ours back before Christmas too

I was concerned, so contacted DVLA, they aknowledged that there was a back log and said that they were happy to authorise the use of them until the end of Jan.

Got my confirmation about a week ago, but oddly they always cash the cheque after I’ve received the confirmation...

27 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

I was concerned, so contacted DVLA, they aknowledged that there was a back log and said that they were happy to authorise the use of them until the end of Jan.

Got my confirmation about a week ago, but oddly they always cash the cheque after I’ve received the confirmation...

Same here. Still not received anything yet

Whats the crack if the cheque was lost in the post, Im guessing you get some kind of warning/reminder?

unfortunately they have lost all records of trade plate holders

they are therefore waiting for all the cheques to come in to see if they can afford a new windows xp computer by tiny to record all current plate holders

thought this was common knowledge?

did you all not get a letter from the trade plates dept nigh 2 years ago with all your details wrong:wacko:

I was going to ask this very question this morning when i noticed the Chq not cashed, sod it then, I'll leave it another month and see what happens ;)

I sent mine very late in December when I saw I post by David reminding me. I had completely forgotten:-) 

Should get them by April. 

12 hours ago, MrC said:

Sent my cheque off mid December, not heard a bean and the cheques not been cashed. I usually have the letter by now. Anyone else waiting?

this is what i call "positive cash flow" whoop whoop

same hear  also early December heard nothing at all

Sent my cheque Nov, rang them early Jan to be told there is a backlog, they didnt see the funny side when i said is that the same backlog you have had every January for years,,,,, received acknowledgment this week. Can you imagine if we tried to treat punters the way govt bodies treat us....

Becuase I incorporated last year after receiving plates (in my name), I had to apply for new plates using a VTL301, I even called DVLA to confirm that I was doing everything right.  There was even some guidance notes saying you couldn't apply more than 10 days before when you want the plates to start.  

Mid Jan, letter comes back with my VTL301 and cheque saying due to the change of legal entity, I need to send a VTL301 - the very same form they sent back to me correctly completed.  And, I also need to fill in a VTL308.

I called DVLA and said I am confused, you're asking me to send what I have already sent.  They said we are too busy to talk to you, send us an email.  Auto reply to email says, this could take up to 8 weeks for a response.  I then called again and said well how much shall I make a cheque out for because if it takes 8 weeks, that will not be the full years rate - they didn't know.

Anyway, eventually I got a response and it was the VTL308 that needed to accompany my application along with the return of my old plates - now sent and just waiting and waiting and waiting.

They sent everything back to my home address, completely ignoring my VTL301 application address, good job I hadn't moved house.

If this annual renewal causes such backlogs, why don't they do rolling renewals throughout the year, i.e. whether you apply in Jan, March, July, or December - it is 12 months from then - same as normal RFL.

21 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

If this annual renewal causes such backlogs, why don't they do rolling renewals throughout the year, i.e. whether you apply in Jan, March, July, or December - it is 12 months from then - same as normal RFL.

That would be far too sensible ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

That would be far too sensible ;)

Sent it off new 12mths off at end of November, still square of jack by way of a response.. Why they dont make the renewal auto and online is a another mystery... But then again.. Anything delivered by this government remains a mystery full stop.

2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Becuase I incorporated last year after receiving plates (in my name), I had to apply for new plates using a VTL301, I even called DVLA to confirm that I was doing everything right.  There was even some guidance notes saying you couldn't apply more than 10 days before when you want the plates to start.  

Mid Jan, letter comes back with my VTL301 and cheque saying due to the change of legal entity, I need to send a VTL301 - the very same form they sent back to me correctly completed.  And, I also need to fill in a VTL308.

I called DVLA and said I am confused, you're asking me to send what I have already sent.  They said we are too busy to talk to you, send us an email.  Auto reply to email says, this could take up to 8 weeks for a response.  I then called again and said well how much shall I make a cheque out for because if it takes 8 weeks, that will not be the full years rate - they didn't know.

Anyway, eventually I got a response and it was the VTL308 that needed to accompany my application along with the return of my old plates - now sent and just waiting and waiting and waiting.

They sent everything back to my home address, completely ignoring my VTL301 application address, good job I hadn't moved house.

You would have been better not reapplying

24 minutes ago, MrC said:

You would have been better not reapplying

I thought about that but they want proof of insurance and that is in the company name now.