Sign in to follow this  
Lucas

I found a pitch to practice! And I found a teacher too.

I met an old gentleman who is currently running a small roadside pitch. He offers me to bring my cars to work with him side by side for two weeks. So, he is willing to train me by selling my own cars in his pitch. I feel wow! Very lucky today!:D

I am going to bring the cars there next Monday. 

Edited by Lucas

Just now, Lucas said:

I met an old gentleman who is currently running a small roadside pitch. He offers me to break my cars to work with him did by side for two weeks. So, he is willing to train me by selling my own cars in his pitch. I feel wow! Very lucky today!:D

I am going to break the cars there next Monday. 

What’s in it for him? Who gets the money when a customer buys when you’re not there? Be careful. Maybe he’s just a nice bloke. You’ve only got to be lucky once. 

(What do you mean ‘break cars’?)

15 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Break? Do you mean take? 

Sorry. Bring, not break.

16 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

What’s in it for him? Who gets the money when a customer buys when you’re not there? Be careful. Maybe he’s just a nice bloke. You’ve only got to be lucky once. 

(What do you mean ‘break cars’?)

Sorry. Input mistake. Bring, not break.

He just offers me to park the cars in his pitch, and I have to sell them by myself. Because his cars are under 5K price point. Mine are over 5K. I will keep my keys and customer pay me directly if any sold. There will be no sell if I am not there. So, basically, it is a chance to work together with an old school trader for two weeks to get the feeling to work in a roadside pitch. 

Just now, EPV said:

Ok, what happens after the two weeks? 

Either car sold or bring them home.

Ok well, good luck to you. Hopefully this guy is an honest person and more helpfully for you, a forward thinking enthusiastic trader and not someone who moans about "the good old days"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Lucas..... what’s in it for him..... ? 

He asks me nothing. He said he just wants to help me. No charge, unconditional. His is 75 years old by the way. He doesn't use a smartphone or computer. Everything is old school style.

Edited by Lucas

31 minutes ago, Lucas said:

He asks me nothing. He said he just wants to help me. No charge, unconditional. His is 75 years old by the way. He doesn't use a smartphone or computer. Everything is old school style.

I don't know of any charitable cars sales sites, you are saying he is offering free car spaces and business advice to foreigners for free...... 

2 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I don't know of any charitable cars sales sites, you are saying he is offering free car spaces and business advice to foreigners for free...... 

Yes, correct. That sounds unbelievable. But I feel he is an honest old man. So I accepted his help and give it a go.

Edited by Lucas

Good stuff. Sometimes you have to go with your gut. I feel you’ll need much longer than two weeks, as you may not see hardly any (or any) punters. 

You seem honourable Lucas, so I’m sure you’ll at least offer to give him a drink-especially if you sell a car.

Keep us posted!

1 minute ago, Mark101 said:

Don’t forget my offer Lucas :)

Thank you mark. Your offer is the best fair offer.

8 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Good stuff. Sometimes you have to go with your gut. I feel you’ll need much longer than two weeks, as you may not see hardly any (or any) punters. 

You seem honourable Lucas, so I’m sure you’ll at least offer to give him a drink-especially if you sell a car.

Keep us posted!

Thank you! I will bring some good drinks. 

9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Thank you mark. Your offer is the best fair offer.

Thank you! I will bring some good drinks. 

Ha. Brilliant. A drink isn’t ‘a drink’ by the way, but it isn’t the end of the world if that’s what you bring him. :o)

5 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Ha. Brilliant. A drink isn’t ‘a drink’ by the way, but it isn’t the end of the world if that’s what you bring him. :o)

Got it. I will have something as a return for his help.

Edited by Lucas

34 minutes ago, Stalker said:

They old guy is probably in a long lease and wants to to escape it. 

I tend to assume everyone I met is a good man. Yes, I did get lost sometimes because of that. But most of the time got a good result.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I tend to assume everyone I met is a good man. Yes, I did get lost sometimes because of that. But most of the time got a good result.

It’s a nice way to live. Yes you end up being taken on or taken advantage of once in a while but the upside is you don’t end up a miserable cynical old bastard that hates life. 

• Like 1

Free spaces and free old school teacher why not. Good luck.

I suppose to go there tomorrow. But the gentlemen called me this morning and let me get to the pitch to have a chat, and see how he deal with customers. Very nice, the first day on the pitch. :)

Edited by Lucas

Sounds good Lucas.. you're getting better, hopefully you will have your own pitch soon and all the fun that goes along with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AutoJacob said:

Sounds good Lucas.. you're getting better, hopefully you will have your own pitch soon and all the fun that goes along with it.

Thank you!

What happens when the car you sold from his pitch comes back for warranty work or failure.? Customer will go back to the pitch and expect things to get sorted.

Do you sort it out or have you an arrangement with him for this happening?

• Like 1