Sign in to follow this  
MrV

Auction 4 cars "release code"

Does anyone know how long it takes A4C to issue a release code? I won an octavia yesterday evening at Derby, booked the train from Morecambe last night, this morning got on the train, called Derby to check they received money to be told "DON'T COME UNTIL YOU HAVE A RELEASE CODE".... Whoops

14 minutes ago, MrV said:

Does anyone know how long it takes A4C to issue a release code? I won an octavia yesterday evening at Derby, booked the train from Morecambe last night, this morning got on the train, called Derby to check they received money to be told "DON'T COME UNTIL YOU HAVE A RELEASE CODE".... Whoops

Its easier to get forgiveness than permission just turn up and drive them mental asking questions until they cave in. I suspect you will be great at this ;):lol:

• Like 2

Have only ever bought one car off there, despite being registered a good ten years I should think.  A million undesireable cars each week for me.  Anyway, it was a bit of a drama getting the car released.  I seem to remember the driver waiting most of the afternoon whilst they got their head out of their arse.

• Like 1

That's why I've turned back bollocks am I waiting all day 

i purchased many its likely to be there before end of train journey, Longest i ever had to wait was around 6 working hours, I have also on occasion called them up and have spoken to there admin and it was  sorted very quick, 

Think you will be fine

1 minute ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

i purchased many its likely to be there before end of train journey, Longest i ever had to wait was around 6 working hours, I have also on occasion called them up and have spoken to there admin and it was  sorted very quick, 

Think you will be fine

When I rung the woman said "we have 57 cars that haven't been paid for and cars to still sort out from auctions on the 7th so there's no way uours will be ready by the time you arrive do not set off until we send you the code",, I'm already regretting this :angry:

They do say that no car will be released without a release code so not a good idea to go without receiving it first?

Usually quite quick but have waited 24hrs on occasions, sometimes a call is all it takes to gee things up.

2 minutes ago, Max Branning said:

They do say that no car will be released without a release code so not a good idea to go without receiving it first?

It’s hardly rocket science, is it? :lol:

I closed my account the last three cars have had major issues that a three year old could spot 

do they valet them for you after purchase?

ie take out all those cumbersome items like parcel shelves/ spare wheels/ jacks/ locking wheel nut removers

14 minutes ago, Max Branning said:

Usually quite quick but have waited 24hrs on occasions, sometimes a call is all it takes to gee things up.

Ah OK I was worried it would take days thanks for answering my question MB

8 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I closed my account the last three cars have had major issues that a three year old could spot 

Just what Benji wanted to hear after cancelling that train ride and facing another day of uncertainly on the roads back from Derby.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Just what Benji wanted to hear after cancelling that train ride and facing another day of uncertainly on the roads back from Derby.

its life jim but not as we know it..........................

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

:unsure:

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

Its easier to get forgiveness than permission just turn up and drive them mental asking questions until they cave in. I suspect you will be great at this ;):lol:

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

"I nearly went to an auction"

Hopefully wouldn't follow up tomorrow with "I nearly managed to get home from an auction"...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Hopefully wouldn't follow up tomorrow with "I nearly managed to get home from an auction"...

No don't worry Nick I'm sure you're too busy, I wouldn't want to distract you with such pointless posts, unless you're planning on spending all day on here then I'll be more than happy to oblige? 

If you turned up and moaned and can prove you've paid they will let you have it. It takes longer and it's not good practice but it is possible. 

its quite a walk from the station - by the time you get there you may have the code!!! PS they also ask you to bring some ID....... 

F#cking hell Benji, just buy from BCA or Manheim and stop using these shady auction houses.

You will be able to inspect in person and go home happy that you haven't bought a shitter (only joking, it'll still be a shitter).

If you get one from A4C and they have missed something, ie clutch slipping, they will 9/10 give you a reduction.

Back in the old days we picked up a 2002 Mondeo and clutch was slipping and they gave us £250 and it didn't cost us that to get it done (then).

Not sure if that's changed now though.

21 minutes ago, AutoJacob said:

F#cking hell Benji, just buy from BCA or Manheim and stop using these shady auction houses.

You will be able to inspect in person and go home happy that you haven't bought a shitter (only joking, it'll still be a shitter).

Have you bought from A4C before? 

6 hours ago, boring dave said:

do they valet them for you after purchase?

ie take out all those cumbersome items like parcel shelves/ spare wheels/ jacks/ locking wheel nut removers

They post them on Ebay for security :D its where i found all the parts from one car i bought off them :angry: