Sign in to follow this  
pmpants

Blackbushe by train, which station?

Hi everyone, well, to all the Blackbushe regulars, which station do you use, got one to collect from the BCA retail (pretty much!) sale today, according to national rail enquiries Fleet and Farnborough both have taxi ranks, just wanted to check which station people prefer?

Just don’t go to Blackwater. More chance of a wank off the Queen than a cab round there. 

Lol EPV thanks I was just checking Blackwater!!

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Fleet is the one to use. 

Thanks Tom, is there a taxi rank there? Or a taxi office nearby?

National rail enquiries website looks like there might be, but there's no mention of one on the app!

Edited by pmpants

10 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Fleet, plenty of taxis, £10 to BCA

Thanks Nick, great:)

8 hours ago, DPF said:

Vgt taxi 01252 613 613 £10 to bca.

Thanks DPF for the number, I'll use them :).

I should have been going this morning first thing but was so tired late last night I sacked it off! Think I should just pay for delivery, or go up tomorrow, I'll see how I get on this morning!!

Edited by pmpants

Plan on spending at least an hour from arriving there to finding your parked car. Add 30 minutes if it needs a jump start :-) 

3 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Plan on spending at least an hour from arriving there to finding your parked car. Add 30 minutes if it needs a jump start :-) 

The last wagon I sent there was for 3,the driver was held up for several hours and it cocked up their logistics.This resulted in us getting a large bill.The conspiracy theory is BCA want you to use their transport,more likely incompetence of management caused by employing too many foreign ‘Could not care less staff’.

Actually their foreign yard guys are the ones that can and will help if you can find one of them. 

The place is just huge and they park the sold vehicles in a remote compound. A 15min brisk walk if you can’t be bothered to wait for their shuttle bus. 

15 minutes walk is not the issues finding car is. Better just take shuttle bus. 

Now they park the sold cars outside the hall exits and drip them upto sold or market is a ball ache if you want to drive them home. 

I'm getting a lift up Thursday morning, will take boost pack just in case, wish me luck!!

Shuttle bus?

And are the keys kept in this remote area? What if its the wrong key or it dont work? Shuttle bus to main site?

Sounds more like pain blackbushe does. 

I got happy about it with the public transport links but shittybus has put me off. 

Im in west London its a 20 min drive but i have no one to go with so its likely a train into central then back out again. 

Rather stick to the lovely northern sites

When you say a  Bus.....................  its actually a battered 15 seat Transit

keys are in key office at main building not out in the fields, There are usually BCA guys around if you have starting issue in field

BLACKBUSHE COLLECTION REPORT!! 

All went fine, key office took 5 mins, 5 mins waiting for the banger bus, after dropping another couple of drivers off we were dropped at the end of the row we'd been told, the car was where they said, drivers rear window was half open, but luckily it hadn't rained! We took the little pocket boost pack which wasn't needed, signs for the exit could be better but no wait at the exit gate, all the staff we meet were friendly and helpful etc, oh and the cars fine, pretty good really especially compared to previous experiences at Enfield! 

They are putting some cars thru there, there were 1600+  on Monday, 1800+ yesterday, 600 vans today and they expect to top 2000 in a sale next week,  mostly UKCGR :(

I'm local and always drive, if anyone goes, drop me a pm and I'll collect you from the station in the morning if I'm there the same day. Rish 

• Like 1