Dracon800

Faster Payment Recalled

43 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

BTW, regarding DVLA, if you tax a vehicle after normal hours it can take 5 days before it goes on the Database, more over Xmas !!

I always print the EMail Receipt and chuck it in the Glovebox, yep, just before Xmas I taxed the SLK I just bought, got tugged by plod a few days later, who was getting quite stroppy until I shoved the EMail under his nose ;)

Same applies to pp transfers ;) 

match you and see you

sold a car before christmas,car in my business name

car driven all the way down to kent (its somewhere south apparently) anyway it got pulled by plod on the m25 no tax,i had given a copy of the road tax receipt so they were let on their way,a week later i got a fine for the dartford queeny bridge for some silly figure like £90 but seeing as i was a first offender if i paid the dart charge of £2.50? they would let me off the rest,i filled the forms in photocopied my invoice to prove the car had sold that morning at 11.32 am i sent it recorded delivery checked they got it and a week later got a darty thankyou letter,i phoned the customer in the meantime they thanked me and paid the dart charge

so the moral of the story is always keep everything in triplicate and your road tax receipt in the car or on your phone

how do these gumtree private traders deal with this kind of stuff who just make confetti out of their paper trails???????????

5 hours ago, beenaroundtheblock said:

Never bothered to sign up before, but I wanted to comment on this.

I have asked Santander this very same question before I started accepting payments like this. They told me once the money is in my account there is nothing that would allow the money to be taken back, even if people have been victims of fraud the bank they have a hell of a time getting the money back.

Either it's a mistake or the person has not explained themselves properly or it's just a wind up. Even if you Google there is plenty of information telling you this simply cannot happen.

That's always been the way I knew it, very confusing and unsettling.

Then again, am I that surprised a bank maybe didn't tell the WHOLE truth? ;)

52 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

Then again, am I that surprised a bank maybe didn't tell the WHOLE truth?

Spot on there :lol:

Just another example of why cash is king.

17 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

Spot on there :lol:

A recent High Court ruling found that because banks are UNREGULATED a class action against RBS for £100’s of millions for constructively ripping off businesses failed.

10 hours ago, BHM said:

Just another example of why cash is king.

dodgy 20's are doing the rounds near me every business has been stiffed i hear so that rules out cash

wonder what barter would be like

maybe a week in tenerife for this old ka

I have had people that wantdd to pay part cash and part transfer.

Also had those that want to transfer and leave me with the reference number and payment not received in my account...

I made someone wait 5hrs and dropped him off home..hour later payment came through...

Am always sceptical of electonic payment...cash nowadays is considered money laundering yet if you got cash you know you been paid and 20yrs ago it was all cash and it wasn't money laundering then !

2 minutes ago, ingenting said:

Not only as paying method. I've heard trading bitcoins is a real way to get some money, besides, from what I've read, it's pretty interesting. There are many platforms, some of them also offer tutorials and demo versions for beginners. Instaforex founded by Ильдар Шарипов (Ildar Sharipov) is one of them. It's been a month or so I started training, it's pretty difficult, though fascinating. Are there any other newbies?

Not only as paying method. I've heard trading bitcoins is a real way to get some money, besides, from what I've read, it's pretty interesting. There are many platforms, some of them also offer tutorials and demo versions for beginners. Instaforex founded by Ильдар Шарипов (Ildar Sharipov) is one of them. It's been a month or so I started training, it's pretty difficult, though fascinating. Are there any other newbies?

Did you not see what happened to Veilen.

On 1/6/2019 at 10:02 AM, Blenheim Car Sales said:

Bitcoin anyone ???

Not only as paying method. I've heard trading bitcoins is a real way to get some money, besides, from what I've read, it's pretty interesting. There are many platforms, some of them also offer tutorials and demo versions for beginners. Instaforex founded by Ильдар Шарипов (Ildar Sharipov) is one of them. It's been a month or so I started training, it's pretty difficult, though fascinating. Are there any other newbies?

Just now, ingenting said:

Not only as paying method. I've heard trading bitcoins is a real way to get some money, besides, from what I've read, it's pretty interesting. There are many platforms, some of them also offer tutorials and demo versions for beginners. Instaforex founded by Ильдар Шарипов (Ildar Sharipov) is one of them. It's been a month or so I started training, it's pretty difficult, though fascinating. Are there any other newbies?

Why delete your original comment ?

erm...:unsure:I said I'm sorry for deleting the post, I couldn't fix it and I deleted it and posted again, I didn't expect someone to answer me right away

3 hours ago, ingenting said:

erm...:unsure:I said I'm sorry for deleting the post, I couldn't fix it and I deleted it and posted again, I didn't expect someone to answer me right away

hi Velin

Dace 2302, Re DVLA road tax, the police work on  a live system for road tax now, i.e if you tax 2pm they can see it live at 2.01pm. (same as the DVLA).

But the public viewing system is not live and 24 to 72 hours behind.  How do I know?  I sold a car last week to a It contractor who build the system. 

Edited by Dealer1

On 12/4/2019 at 12:58 PM, JA Trader said:

:lol:

Turns out Velin has been removed:lol:

OP- anything more to add, I find it fascinating that the payment got recalled, it’s only happened to me once with Santander, the payment came to my account and then it came out within minutes, luckily the customer was still with me, in this case it was a fraud thing, once he rang them I got the credit payment again

Hi,

TLDR - yes we got the money paid to us okay in the end.

Based on our experience and the comments here - I think it was a fraud thing, and the bank just behaved badly.

The customer stayed in contact with us, and transfered the money again (after trying for a discount - which muddied the waters).

That then got 'frozen', i.e. showed in our account but wasn't cleared/available funds. It took a number of calls/emails with our and his bank to get these funds released to us over the following 24/48 hours. All been fine since.

You could never get any details out of the banks, other than we had to provide sale invoice and other paperwork (can't remember what now) - so I presume he triggered some sort of red flag for them.

I have asked my bank in the past about this & they say its ok, but I have my doubts if its 100% safe even though I take transfers a lot.

I am pretty sure that an international bank transfers can be taken back before the start of the next banking day

The car job these days is a risky business, so many scammers out there