Not in anyway knocking DVLA , The new on line system is great , works very well, no hassle , retentions on line all good but no wonder so many cars are getting caught with ' no tax' when they are taxed. 

Here's an example : 

This morning we MOT'd a car and taxed it on line at about 9.30 ish , printed the confirmation for tax like I do every time.

Just curious I checked the status on line to see what it said according to DVLA ' Check if car is taxed' ( See Attached) post-27-0-07635600-1430910463_thumb.jpg

Not Taxed & No MOT !

Now I thought it all updated ' instantly' obviously not ( Although it says if MOT'd within last 5 days it may not show ? why not? ) but then if it hadn't updated the MOT side I couldn't have taxed the car as it had expired !

I guess I could easily get caught out ( or my customer) if they drove down the road . 

• Like 1

if you check on the vosa website the mot is updated instantly

vosa dont direct link to dvla,not yet anyway

as for road tax its sometimes takes a week and a car registered in my name still isnt showing as sorn even though i got a confirmation code a week and a half ago

as you know this job is mainly down to crossing t's these days, rather than putting on the old sheepy and giving it large to the mugs er customers :lol:

:)