Sign in to follow this  
Nick M.K.

What would be your ideal auction purchase?

2013-2014 Mercedes C220 (or C250) CDI Sport+ Estate Auto with around 50-60K miles, White, Obsidian Black or Tenorite Grey with kerbed alloys, missing Becker SAT NAV unit, heated seats, Xenon headlights, panoramic roof and the Red seat belts. At around £1500 under Cap Clean. 

Target buyer is in the late 40s to mid 50s, nice part ex or a small deposit, the rest on finance.

2011 320i estate, M Sport Business Edition, white, manual, 50k, black leather, heated seats, wrecked 18" alloys and two bumper corners scuffed and 4 bald tyres.

£1000 behind cap clean would do. 

2 bumper corners done, alloys refurbished in dark anthracite, full valet and mop and it would be gone within 3 days of advertising it. I could sell 15 a month.

2013/14 VW scirocco, 40-50k, 1.4 tsi or 2.0 diesel, GT, candy white, 

cap clean with usual prep, no major bodywork then it’s straight in and straight back out again, helped of course by a teaser photo on our beloved FB, sold before its arrived, usually with a tatty corsa or fiesta that we can trade on straight away for an extra couple hundred, and of course strapped up on finance

31 minutes ago, NickGCS said:

2013/14 VW scirocco, 40-50k, 1.4 tsi or 2.0 diesel, GT, candy white, 

cap clean with usual prep, no major bodywork then it’s straight in and straight back out again, helped of course by a teaser photo on our beloved FB, sold before its arrived, usually with a tatty corsa or fiesta that we can trade on straight away for an extra couple hundred, and of course strapped up on finance

Been close to winning a couple of those recently, they do seem to command strong money, even in quiet auctions...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EPV said:

Been close to winning a couple of those recently, they do seem to command strong money, even in quiet auctions...

me too

just like the lottery

i was only a few numbers out:angry:

anyway onwards and upwards :P

• Like 1

60/61 Astra 5dr Petrol Auto 60K Black, grey or white. Couldn't give a monkeys about spec or paint required. 

24 minutes ago, EPV said:

They are def over priced but a stick on for a 20 year old looking to get their first car on finance

Any sub two year old Range Rover or Range Rover Sport at Cap Clean.  Do really well flipping these with the right colours, options and price point.

The week before Christmas one I wanted went £16k over Cap, I was happy going £5k over as it had a couple of options but it was at least £5k more than I can buy one from a Land Rover dealer.

1 minute ago, Contracts said:

Any sub two year old Range Rover or Range Rover Sport at Cap Clean.  Do really well flipping these with the right colours, options and price point.

The week before Christmas one I wanted went £16k over Cap, I was happy going £5k over as it had a couple of options but it was at least £5k more than I can buy one from a Land Rover dealer.

and theres me thinking that ka was 10 bob too dear:D

There was a time when if you asked a dozen traders ‘what there ideal auction purchase would be ‘,10 of them would have the same answer and it would not be a vehicle !

12 hours ago, Contracts said:

will that not be for export as you can get the VAT back?

Any sort of Ford Ranger Wildtrak that's been beaten to death by the first lease owner. And transporter highlines with any colour apart from white. If I had a pipeline of these at the right money I could retire at 40

2 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

will that not be for export as you can get the VAT back?

They must have been, absolutely no logic to it but then demos are VAT Q but we are finding more dealer groups will only sell to us if we tax and register (one even refused to supply a used car after they invoiced us and we paid for it).

If you go on Autotrader there is a big difference between VAT Q and Margin cars on the 2018 facelifts.

13 minutes ago, LISL said:

Any sort of Ford Ranger Wildtrak that's been beaten to death by the first lease owner. And transporter highlines with any colour apart from white. If I had a pipeline of these at the right money I could retire at 40

Transporters I understand but I thought Ranger 3.2 Wildtraks were way off book at the moment?

Not that I've been able to find recently, bought 30% less than usual in recent months 

3 hours ago, Contracts said:

They must have been, absolutely no logic to it but then demos are VAT Q but we are finding more dealer groups will only sell to us if we tax and register (one even refused to supply a used car after they invoiced us and we paid for it).

If you go on Autotrader there is a big difference between VAT Q and Margin cars on the 2018 facelifts.

Transporters I understand but I thought Ranger 3.2 Wildtraks were way off book at the moment?

Where are they getting exported to ? 

I thought that the far east only wants small petrols and hybrids ?

Anything powered by a french unit flashing like a Xmas tree.

On 30/12/2018 at 9:31 AM, trade vet said:

There was a time when if you asked a dozen traders ‘what there ideal auction purchase would be ‘,10 of them would have the same answer and it would not be a vehicle !

I will try again.....can anyone guess !

49 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Property.

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Unfortunately its drugs

Seen it so many times

They flip a car but think flippingdrugs is easier quicker and obviously more profitable,then they start trying the product and their lives collapse

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

breakfast

Just now, Arfur Dealy said:

breakfast

Edit