Sign in to follow this  
Nick M.K.

Your favourite auction bidding strategy...

46 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

I got close once! Sent a mate up to BCA a couple of years back to bid on a few cars for me as I was busy. He thought he would be funny and found it hilarious to prank me and buy a Salmon pink Corsa C out of UKCGR no reserve for £75. Owed me about £120 all in with fees! To be fair it wasn’t all that bad and probably could of made a drink on it but gave it away in the end to someone that was desperate for a car.

Reminds me of when I got ‘stuck’ in BCA Paddock Wood a good few years back..

Had delivered a car just down the road and was asked by a dealer mate to get to Paddock Wood to buy a car he had a customer for; perfect for a lift home I thought.

Got there, stuff was making through the roof and I had a bit of a panic on as my car was a few from the end, didn’t want to public transport it home. 

Couple of lots before mine was this old Proton thing on a H or J plate, clinging on to a few days MOT. In the hall, ‘who’s got £100? No? £75? £50? Who’ll start me at £25?’ One hand wave later and I’m the proud owner much to everyone’s amusement! Shows how long ago it was, I got it out of the auction, fuelled and home for £100 all in then doubled my money to one of the boys for £200.. 

1 hour ago, c_cars said:

Had delivered a car just down the road and was asked by a dealer mate to get to Paddock Wood to buy a car he had a customer for; perfect for a lift home I thought.

Got there, stuff was making through the roof and I had a bit of a panic on as my car was a few from the end, didn’t want to public transport it home. 

Couple of lots before mine was this old Proton thing on a H or J plate, clinging on to a few days MOT. In the hall, ‘who’s got £100? No? £75? £50? Who’ll start me at £25?’ One hand wave later and I’m the proud owner much to everyone’s amusement! Shows how long ago it was, I got it out of the auction, fuelled and home for £100 all in then doubled my money to one of the boys for £200.. 

13 hours ago, c_cars said:

Similar for me - I got dropped off at BCA Tewkesbury (remember that?) armed with a list of a dozen or so potential purchases = lift back.

Nothing bought with only 5 cars left to go of which 3 or 4 were immediately pulled off sale, leaving a Saab 9000.  It was this or a long cold train, so I took it at £900 + fees.

Air bag light was on (when those sort of things could spell disaster).  Upon checking, it was a Griffith Turbo (sought after apparently) and made £3,500 on eBay with enquiries coming out of my ears.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Similar for me - I got dropped off at BCA Tewkesbury (remember that?) armed with a list of a dozen or so potential purchases = lift back.

One of my favourite auctions, just up the road from me, used to do well out of Renault there.

2 hours ago, c_cars said:

One of my favourite auctions, just up the road from me, used to do well out of Renault there.

Where are you c cars? We’re in Worcester