Sign in to follow this  
James01

Hyundai I10

Hi guys,

took a 2009 Hyundai i10 1.2 comfort in chop yesterday with 85k miles. Nice car 1 family from new but no history unfortunately.

Not my usual bag so unsure on a reasonable price. Would I be unrealistic in asking £2395 for it or kick it out the door at £1995? 

Thanks

Have you tried hunting down the history? Rang Hyundai’s customer services etc? 

Is it manual or auto?  I often just print out the MOT History, new service and MOT and then retail it.  They always sell.

I only took it in part exchange yesterday evening so haven't had a chance yet but I'll do a bit of investigating. Really lovely guy traded it in but I won't hold my breath on much history turning up. 

It is a manual 5 door in electric blue.

Just now, James01 said:

I only took it in part exchange yesterday evening so haven't had a chance yet but I'll do a bit of investigating. Really lovely guy traded it in but I won't hold my breath on much history turning up. 

It is a manual 5 door in electric blue.

I find some people want to crawl inside a service book and never leave and others don’t give two shits. 

Have you got the VRM to hand? 

90% of the buyers for that type of car don't look at service history here , 

I just go there's your pack ,Here's the Service invoice from us , two keys , MOT and your purchase invoice , they leave and its never serviced ever again .

One or two might ask , but not many , not like selling performance stuff as they are totally different mind set of people .

Iv'e sold that age at £2,700 easy with 70k on the clock  so depends where you are , I would try £2395 at 85 and no service .

Used to trade no service history little choppers on , but service and sell em now . Still walk out 

right spec, it will have been serviced early years because of the warranty. it should be a £30 tax disc car, so at 2k ish will sell whether it has history or not. 

I always say (if asked), no history does not mean it has never been serviced and a car is only as good as its last service anyway.  As we don't have any evidence of the servicing, we are performing a full service in order to ensure the car is fully up to date along with a brand new MOT.

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

I always say (if asked), no history does not mean it has never been serviced and a car is only as good as its last service anyway.  As we don't have any evidence of the servicing, we are performing a full service in order to ensure the car is fully up to date along with a brand new MOT.

In the past I’ve said that no book rather than an unstamped book can often mean that the previous owner has had the car serviced and book stamped and simply not put it back in the car. 

£1995-2395!?!! Whereabouts in the country are you? Central London?

If you’ve got a pitch you’ve got half a chance. If you’re an internet seller & up north the car’s barely worth a toss (with or without history). Absolute peasant fodder.

The punters will be horrible greedy bastards. I’d rather eat my own sick.

• Like 1

Hateful cars. 5 door, blue, makes it stand half a chance. It's £1795-£1995. We had a red five door with all the history for ages. Eventually got £1995 for it with 90k on it.

Edited by Mojo121

Doesn't stand me in much at £600. Couple hundred quid spend then it's up for £2295.

Based in the south east, be one of the cheapest within 80 miles at that. 

26 minutes ago, James01 said:

Doesn't stand me in much at £600. Couple hundred quid spend then it's up for £2295.

Based in the south east, be one of the cheapest within 80 miles at that. 

Good luck with it mate, the way some people go on here you'd imagine the North is a different country altogether and nobody has any money. Which obviously, isn't true.

• Like 1

We do well with I10's.

Never seem to go wrong either just watch for those rusty tailgates. Hyundai won't repair under the body warranty they class it as mechanical issue! Go figure...

£2295 it should fly out, would have been £2495 with history imo

May have been serviced when MOT'd, get garage details off VOSA MOT check and give them a ring.

Give it a try at the price, you can always go down if needed!!

Hi James 01

Do I understand this correctly.You have allowed £600 on it,one family since new,it’s an 09 and a nice one.You say, If you can’t get £2395, you are just going to ‘kick it out of the door’ for £1995 ! I am unsure why you need our advice,if £1400 profit is kicking it out of the door,that is unheard of,your average margins must be huge........Well done..

18 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Hi James 01

Do I understand this correctly.You have allowed £600 on it,one family since new,it’s an 09 and a nice one.You say, If you can’t get £2395, you are just going to ‘kick it out of the door’ for £1995 ! I am unsure why you need our advice,if £1400 profit is kicking it out of the door,that is unheard of,your average margins must be huge........Well done..

Its a pocket change car with a TWO pocket profit :ph34r: cant lose 

That would be nice but £1400 gross.  After probably £250 spend prep wise and minus VAT would be looking around £950 net profit which is average I imagine.

Edited by James01

16 minutes ago, James01 said:

That would be nice but £1400 gross.  After probably £250 spend prep wise and minus VAT would be looking around £950 net profit which is average I imagine.

£950 net on a £600 car as average.It gets better,do you operate from inside Harrods.

• Like 1

Not yet but if I can get hold of a few more i10's like this it may be a possibility! 

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

£950 net on a £600 car as average.It gets better,do you operate from inside Harrods.

Haha, you know when you’re at the block and you hear everyone talking about how much they make on every deal................

Pulling £1400+ out of £600 old hatchbacks. Nice work if you can get it - I’m jealous.

If you give me the reg. number, I’ll have a word with a friend at a Hyundai dealership, it might have some history on their DWR system. (Ditgal  Work Record) :) 

32 minutes ago, MAP said:

If you give me the reg. number, I’ll have a word with a friend at a Hyundai dealership, it might have some history on their DWR system. (Ditgal  Work Record) :) 

I don't think Hyundai have a national system as others do, I may be wrong?

Good news James! It’s got some history, 5 services recorded on the Hyundai DWR System.  PM’d you 

Edited by MAP