Sign in to follow this  
SuperLease

CarGurus buys Piston Heads

Pistonheads & Car Gurus....About as good as Peugeot and Vauxhall me thinks!

Here's this morning's blurb in full:

Today it was announced that CarGurus, Inc. has agreed to buy the motoring website, PistonHeads, from Haymarket Media Group. The acquisition is another step in our plans to accelerate growth and expand our consumer audience in the UK.

PistonHeads has built one of the UK’s most trusted and influential digital motoring brands, and we see it as a perfect fit with our own customer-centric model and pioneering ethos. We look forward to applying our technology expertise to unleash the full potential of the PistonHeads platform, while staying true to what makes the brand so special to millions of motoring enthusiasts and shoppers in the UK.

You might wonder what that means for you, our customers. Make no mistake that CarGurus remains deeply committed to investing in our platform to keep dealers ahead of the curve. Aligning the CarGurus and PistonHeads brands enables us to accelerate our audience growth, and continue to innovate our transparent marketplace. For our UK dealers, this combination will help you connect with a larger audience of car buyers at an attractive ROI.

Following completion of the acquisition, we intend to operate PistonHeads as an independent brand, maintaining the site’s popular community and content, while applying CarGurus’ technology to enhance the site experience for PistonHeads users. The acquisition is expected to close in early 2019, but I am thrilled to share this news with you today and look forward to sharing further updates as soon as I can. In the meantime, I encourage you to read our latest blog, or get in touch on the number below.

• Like 1

A fool and his money......

Haymarket did a great job on trashing what Pistonheads could have been. I'm sure CarGurus will do just as good a job.  Though has it announced how much it paid? I suspect they might have got a nice C200 for the same money....

Pissed'n'sheds......... Who the fark would have even advertised with that outfit!