Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

Project Mondeo :)

47 minutes ago, JimmyGlen said:

Fair play AD, but I just see grief written all over that. The greased up brake pipes (obviously to get it to scrape through its last test) and the rotten sills together with the mileage, just no. Good cars can go wrong and cause problems, but stuff like this, is like welcome problems with open arms. 

Sometimes its not all about the profit. Sanity is priceless. 

Thanks Jimmy, but its a 14 year old banger and it'll be sold as such :) 

1 hour ago, JimmyGlen said:

Fair play AD, but I just see grief written all over that. The greased up brake pipes (obviously to get it to scrape through its last test) and the rotten sills together with the mileage, just no. Good cars can go wrong and cause problems, but stuff like this, is like welcome problems with open arms. 

Sometimes its not all about the profit. Sanity is priceless. 

The brake pipes really aren't like they sound, I'll video them and show you. I don't sell unsafe cars just to grab a profit. 

It looks great in those pics!

Have you spent a day polishing it, or was the bodywork already that shiny?

That will sell quickly!

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I'll video them and show you. I don't sell unsafe cars just to grab a profit. 

Best just do a video on the car (warts n all) and post it here once done.

Big balls on you fella, stuff like that i call them either "shitters" or "rats" .........i give them to the local banger dealer to "rat 'em out" 

Don't want any association with the forecourt whatsoever as these punters that come back thinking that they have bought a new car do my nut in! 

11 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Thanks Jimmy, but its a 14 year old banger and it'll be sold as such :) 

The brake pipes really aren't like they sound, I'll video them and show you. I don't sell unsafe cars just to grab a profit. 

It’s not worth taking a risk on the brake pipe IMO. You can’t tell how much metal has corroded away and how weakened they are with the naked eye. 

On 12/7/2018 at 7:21 PM, andymc1973 said:

have you had it welded?

He said on his video he will get it welded for the mot:ph34r: Hope no mot testers turn up to buy.

Fair play looks great AD, Good luck with it and keep us updated, will be interested to read the outcome on this one

On 07/12/2018 at 7:21 PM, andymc1973 said:

have you had it welded?

Just fling some under seal at it. “Heavily under sealed” :lol:

1 minute ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Sold !! £600 cash plus a 06 Xsara 1.6 HDI Exclusive which apparantly needs an alternator.........

good job, whats the plan? new ticket and alternator and £1995?

2 minutes ago, justlooking said:

good job, whats the plan? new ticket and alternator and £1995?

Yep, but its done 160k, so £990 happy days........ Love the bangers :lol:

2 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

same, makes a refreshing change to be rather cut throat with the billies, often paying cash at that price point too

3 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

How are you getting so many px's on this stuff?!

Nice result on the Mondeo there AD, get a tub of sweeties and some extra shortbread in for the festive period...

Mhm interesting, I really do not have an opinion about that, maybe I am on that side as yours. For example I have a big family, 3 kids ... two boys and one girl ( hah I think it is a lot )and all the things as car seats I have bought on Baby jogger Strollers. It is a nice site which has a lot of good products and to be honest I was very well surprised about the quality and prices. I have recommended it to all my friends and they also was very satisfied.

44 minutes ago, Lorris007 said:

Mhm interesting, I really do not have an opinion about that, maybe I am on that side as yours. For example I have a big family, 3 kids ... two boys and one girl ( hah I think it is a lot )and all the things as car seats I have bought on Baby jogger Strollers. It is a nice site which has a lot of good products and to be honest I was very well surprised about the quality and prices. I have recommended it to all my friends and they also was very satisfied.

Do they sell dummies? Last I heard AD has thrown his out of his pram so he may be on the hunt for another one?

6 hours ago, Lorris007 said:

I'm not sure but my next door neighbour does have an auntie in the RAF? 

On 9/28/2020 at 10:14 PM, Lorris007 said:

FFS :rolleyes:

I can only recommend condoms or castration :lol:

• Haha 1