c_cars

December Thread

Ok I'll start :D

One Saturday and have been closed today but a few email enquiries might see some business this week.

What is everyone's target unit wise for the month?

Sold a £22K Merc ML350 on finance yesterday, took a deposit on a £13K Mini Convertible today and if I do two more juicy deals until the end of the year I will be happy. Away between 17th and 28th Dec so not a lot of working days left. 

• Like 1

i had hoped to more or less have December off as last year was very poor, I won't be buying any as i'm stocked up

I always used to do quite well in the second half of December. 

Deposit taken on 1 yesterday and 1 today, 2nd half of November = rubbish, so hopefully a better December.

Sold 3 yesterday. Micra Auto, Insignia Diesel and a Suzuki Jimny. Got someone looking at a 12 plate Fiesta TDCi tomorrow. Great start.

A nice tidy deal on an Audi on Saturday and one of our old stagers sold to get money back today (note to self, never buy another M135i in manual!). An appointment on a merc estate tomorrow and a good solid enquiry tonight on a 4-Series convertible. All in, looking quite promising so far. 

32 minutes ago, JimmyGlen said:

A nice tidy deal on an Audi on Saturday and one of our old stagers sold to get money back today (note to self, never buy another M135i in manual!). An appointment on a merc estate tomorrow and a good solid enquiry tonight on a 4-Series convertible. All in, looking quite promising so far. 

Funny you say that we sold one recently in manual and could have sold it 5 times over. I think they need big spec to sell well, pro nav, heated seats etc.

3 in 3 days here. 

Just now, James01 said:

Funny you say that we sold one recently in manual and could have sold it 5 times over. I think they need big spec to sell well, pro nav, heated seats etc.

3 in 3 days here. 

This had Pro Nav & Heated seats! If one more of our FB followers said 'if only it was an auto', I was going explode! So, we now have a white LCI with red leather and Auto box. Its got Heated seats, but no bloody nav, and guess what - its dead in the water. I find this type of car brutally spec dependant and the buyers completely uncompromising.

14 hours ago, JimmyGlen said:

This had Pro Nav & Heated seats! If one more of our FB followers said 'if only it was an auto', I was going explode! So, we now have a white LCI with red leather and Auto box. Its got Heated seats, but no bloody nav, and guess what - its dead in the water. I find this type of car brutally spec dependant and the buyers completely uncompromising.

I'm going to buy one of these as a run around at some point and I want Auto. Looking at all the YouTube channels where they're growing in popularity they all recommend the 8 speed auto. I think white is a no on these, personally. I think Grey, Black or Blue are more popular... but again, that's just from what I've seen people driving, what I've seen for sale and how long it's stayed and what these ''influencers'' are saying.

I know it's only the 4th but if it carries on like this forget the turkey, it'll be bread with bread sauce!

Done one. Our oldest car in stock. I don't mean longest, I mean oldest. 1998 V70 petrol, so clean it would put a three year old one to shame. 21 services, one owner and the new owner doesn't seem to care less that it's about as good as a old barge can get. 

One more deposit so three here and bought three at Blackbushe yesterday, the prices were all over the place. My hopes for a quiet December are already quashed.

• Like 1

Not off the mark here yet. Although we did get a phone enquiry today, so at least I know its still working :lol:

2 today and 1 yesterday, who turned the tap back on? Probably die a death tomorrow onwards knowing my luck at the moment. 

3 today 2 being convertibles!  Thats 6 for the month so far.

Don't know where the punters have crept out of the woodwork from but I won't complain.

4 hours ago, grant8064 said:

I know it's only the 4th but if it carries on like this forget the turkey, it'll be bread with bread sauce!

Done one. Our oldest car in stock. I don't mean longest, I mean oldest. 1998 V70 petrol, so clean it would put a three year old one to shame. 21 services, one owner and the new owner doesn't seem to care less that it's about as good as a old barge can get. 

This car sounds lovely and new owner sounds as if he is gonna run it into the ground and end up seizing engine through not checking oil, sad however have saw this scenario many times.

No phone calls yet, 4 on sale, one in the garage and need to stock another one. Early days in December so can't complain!

Workshop very busy, no slots left till third week in Jan now so fantastic as that keeps me going if ever sales are quiet. 4 away so far from 30 advertised with another 2 pending finance, plenty of phone calls and emails. Last December did 31 from 34 stock so fingers crossed might be looking at similar numbers

15 minutes ago, RH Trading said:

Workshop very busy, no slots left till third week in Jan now so fantastic as that keeps me going if ever sales are quiet. 4 away so far from 30 advertised with another 2 pending finance, plenty of phone calls and emails. Last December did 31 from 34 stock so fingers crossed might be looking at similar numbers

Nice one mate, well done.

just when the things can't get any worse the phone goes with a Bradford area code..... first thing mentioned is KESH

2 so far for the month and it’s that quiet I’m currently trying to do something with this quality Gumtree lead.

‘Hello, Will you help me get a financial in this van, i have bad English knowledge.’

• Like 1