Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

Project C Class C200 Sport

17 hours ago, grant8064 said:

Nice looking thing that. We'd be £1495 minimum all day long but it's gonna be very location based IMO

Couldn't agree more, if that is in the same body condition all round I'd get £1995 for that within a day ;) 

20 hours ago, grant8064 said:

Nice looking thing that. We'd be £1495 minimum all day long but it's gonna be very location based IMO

+1 regarding the location.

Assuming it’s got all of its wheelarches & door bottoms, in the north I see it absolutely flat out at £999 and probably £795. Here it’d just be seen as a crappy old knacker for the hard-up pensioner market. If it’s auto that’s in its favour. 

Can always bring them down! A wee cheeky week at 1495, if zero interest 1295

I wonder how many times you'll be asked why its had 'so many owners', as if we ever know that!

“Because if is a very desirable model end everyone wants to own this little slice of German history. They also wanted to give someone else the opportunity to enjoy it so didn’t keep it for  many years” :-) 

6 minutes ago, JimmyGlen said:

I wonder how many times you'll be asked why its had 'so many owners', as if we ever know that!

'It's obviously a good car as its so popular sir'

£1495 all day long AD, future classics market and all that, I'm sure someone will value it at that and at the money it owes you there's no reason to give it away.

• Like 1

In the last year I’ve earned almost as much from my p/exes as from the retail stock. Buying them very cheap helps but I also got very lucky with some superb diesels that panicked London owners wanted out of for little money and bought EVs or hybrids. 

Loving the London ULEZ. 

It is an auto, a few minor blemishes here and there, some very minor rust just starting, completely solid underneath.. Overall, its well above average condition.

Drives beautifully

53 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

It’s not for nothing. It’s for many years of experience...

Still £6950 up here,2 litre petrol and auto,but had it been diesel £1200.I am sure AD will sell it.

£695 you meant? 

Petrol auto. 

In London petrol auto NOW is worth way more than diesel. 

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

It’s not for nothing. It’s for many years of experience...

If only I had a LIKE button

I've said it before, I love my old PX bangers.... I've got 16 proper retail cars advertised with another 5 to go on, but all I'm excited about is this old C200....... Can't wait to big it up in the vid :lol:

26 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

£695 you meant? 

Petrol auto. 

In London petrol auto NOW is worth way more than diesel. 

Yes £695 ! Thank you,surely diesels have never been popular down your way,we have been buying diesels down there for many years and shipping them north.You have just got to watch the new lex sale at Newcastle on wednesdays to see what I mean.It has taken Lex 20 years to work that out.

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Wow, what a find!

I've a real soft spot for those old 202's, good ones were nice cars to drive.

I had an '98 auto 1.8 Esprit from brand new for three years dog slow thing, £21k in that Aquamarine Turquoise they did, was a cancelled order so I got it 3k less with the options - always up for a bargain:lol: -....sold it at 100k.

Far better interior build and to drive than an E46 of it's day, nice chunky feel to it.

...but the old girl did grenade it's first box at 60k all over Stock high street in a biblical way, lumps of metal and oil everywhere, only doing 30 mph at the time. £2600 repair, new MB box outright, luckily paid for by Daimler as it had an extended warranty on it, best few quid I spent as it only had one year warranty from new.

Strangely the second 'new' box was getting a bit flarey after another 40k but didn't shit itself. I always wondered if they had fragile boxes, we had a few s/h ones with problems too, Dave would know?

Bar that gearbox episode though it was just one serp' belt tensioner, plenty of headlight bulbs and that was it....you know I don't think it ever had a set pads in it...unless I've forgotten?

She was going rusty at 3 years old though with rotten rear doglegs and scabby bootlid bottom and Daimler weren't interested, sorta soured the car for me in the end.

Seeing your one Simon has made me realise they are one of those cars that are everywhere one day and, then bang, all of a sudden they go missing from the roads, I honestly can't remember the last time I saw one?

PS £1495.B)

Great post Tradex

Yes I used to do far more of the Hydraulic controlled 4 speed auto's, MB never really got that right, the later Electronic 5 speed 722.6 probably the best box MB did in terms of reliability ;)

The 9 speed in my E Class is awesome performance wise, it's just seamless and always in the right gear !!

BUT I wouldn't want to have to rebuild it, mind that car will be sold when it is almost out of warranty and another few month old ex demo E Class will be obtained :D

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

SOLD full price £1490 with a Mondeo taken in PX (£250) given. Project Mondeo will be next...... :lol:

Well done that man! Bet you think it was too cheap now.

Maybe you should do one of those " buy a banger for £200 and turn it into a Ferrari in 30 deals"

Well done AD. Having such good presentation clearly helped!

On 02/12/2018 at 4:12 PM, Nick M.K. said:

“Because if is a very desirable model end everyone wants to own this little slice of German history. They also wanted to give someone else the opportunity to enjoy it so didn’t keep it for  many years” :-) 

You're a poet.

On 01/12/2018 at 8:22 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

My deposit across the board is £100, it’s fully refundable if inaccurate, plus with the guarantee all travel costs will also be refunded, no quibble. No genuine buyer has an excuse not to buy, it calls their bluff. 

Simon, out of curiosity how many times do you have to refund the deposit?