EPV

Multiple trade plates

Is it possible? In theory I would like to have two cars being collected, one by me one by an employee say, will the DVLA issue two sets of plates if I apply for them? Cheers in advance 

3 minutes ago, tradex said:

We had two sets up to a few years back, but just couldn't justify having both sets for the cost....and we kept getting them mixed up:D

Remember (not telling you how to suck eggs) but your employee will need insurance too.....so many assume that having trade plates also means the car must be insured end of, the proof of insurance is only for the that plate on application, if you follow me?

I do mate thanks. My trade insurance covers anyone else moving cars for me as long as it’s exaclty that, motor trade purposes. That and they are over 25 with a full license held for more than 2 years. 

Will the second set of plates have the same number as my first or will I need a separate set of plates and put those on the MID?

Cheers chaps 

9 minutes ago, EPV said:

I do mate thanks. My trade insurance covers anyone else moving cars for me as long as it’s exaclty that, motor trade purposes. That and they are over 25 with a full license held for more than 2 years. 

Will the second set of plates have the same number as my first or will I need a separate set of plates and put those on the MID?

Cheers chaps 

Will be a different number. We have two sets, both on the MID.

Just photo copy and laminate the first set and it will be fine mate everyone does it.

• Like 1

On 24/11/2018 at 8:08 PM, EPV said:

Is it possible? In theory I would like to have two cars being collected, one by me one by an employee say, will the DVLA issue two sets of plates if I apply for them? Cheers in advance 

I’ve been thinking about this for a while. It’s a real ball ache having to go to my old man’s and collect them every time I want to go and pick up a car. 

9 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Just photo copy and laminate the first set and it will be fine mate everyone does it.

Surely that's illegal

11 hours ago, A & S said:

Surely that's illegal

Was just joking we have 4 sets just paid the renewal.

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Why leave your plates at your father's when they are your plates....? 

They are in the name of the ltd company. Plus that is where the cars are displayed so if someone wants to drive one they can’t if the plates aren’t there

Convoying 3 cars back from auction, one set of plates, one in the front of the front car, one in the back of the back car.

(On a private road of course..)

On 26/11/2018 at 9:57 PM, c_cars said:

Convoying 3 cars back from auction, one set of plates, one in the front of the front car, one in the back of the back car.

(On a private road of course..)

I knew a trader who did this constantly...back in the day

LOL, it's all feckin wonderful till you get a capture from smart arsed plod :lol: