Sign in to follow this  
RJEauto

Feedback / Advice?

Hi All,

Our website has gone live today and I've loaded around 50% of our stock. If you have time, please can you have a look through and provide any constructive criticism / honest  feedback, whether it's about the website, content, photo's, stock, prices etc.

There's always room for improvement and I'd really like to get some unbiased feedback before we start advertising the website over our social media accounts.

http://www.rjeautomotive.co.uk/

Thanks

-Kelly-

For a first time live i'd say good effort, clean, tidy and navigable, ours is very similar. Click sites are usually nice if a bit formulaic (we use one so it's not a criticism). 

I've not looked properly but on first glance i'd be taking the photos outside...they look a bit gloomy and the background is a bit dull, turn the osf wheel and i'm not sure what the bonnet up thing is all about. 

If I saw a car on AT and headed to your website to see what you were about I wouldn't be put off. 

Hi Kelly, I'm not keen on the two tone back ground pictures, paint over the cream with grey and use that wall for all your photos, continuity is cool :) Otherwise looks great. Good luck

• Like 1

Agree with the above, the photos are not the best but all round looks like a good website and very modern. 

Either take the photos outside or, change the lighting. It looks yellow, doesn’t help the cars at all. Brighter, white lighting I think. 

I agree about inside photos and yours are a bit dark. I much prefer them taken outside. 

Why is the black Fiesta bonnet up in the first pic?

I would take more pics of each car-how many pictures can you have? 20?

Also, I always like to see the operation, rather than generic cover pictures & it makes it more personal and less faceless- so consider a picture of your gaff/your team etc maybe. Rather than that blue Ford and red Vauxhall.

I would push the workshop more too.

A really good effort though! I love you’re attitude and keenness. Well done.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

I agree about inside photos and yours are a bit dark. I much prefer them taken outside. 

Why is the black Fiesta bonnet up in the first pic?

I would take more pics of each car-how many pictures can you have? 20?

Also, I always like to see the operation, rather than generic cover pictures & it makes it more personal and less faceless- so consider a picture of your gaff/your team etc maybe. Rather than that blue Ford and red Vauxhall.

I would push the workshop more too.

A really good effort though! I love you’re attitude and keenness. Well done.

Shut your unit door when taking the pics, it makes a huge difference, 

Also get all your photo's consistant.

I don't mind the 2 tone background, and i have a similar unit, however have started taking my pics outdoors, but i much preferred them when they were indoors but it was a right faff having to dig cars out all the time etc..

Hi, 

When we started we always took the photos indoors, but have recently changed to taking them outside. I always found the indoor photos didn't jump out at you in an AT search.

Here is an example of a car photographed inside https://www.langleyprestige.co.uk/vehicle/mini-cooper-cooper-d-chilimedia-xl-in-chelmsford-essex-fba70f88-3b54-43b1-a2aa-6dc95c9650bf

And then one outside https://www.langleyprestige.co.uk/vehicle/audi-tt-tdi-ultra-s-line-in-chelmsford-essex-d431238a-c872-4c00-9324-ffa20be89359 

Personally, I much prefer the pictures taken outside as they look a bit yellow taken inside. A point already made by someone else. 

The only downside to that is that I have 3 cars to photograph and it has pissed it down the last 2 days here so it has delayed advertising....:rolleyes:

One thing I would say, is that wherever you take the photos, just aim for consistency in every car and try and avoid having any distractions in the background of any of the pictures, such as shelving units/other cars etc.

Having said all that though, I like your website. Its professional and easy to navigate.

Looks good :-)

The description part of your advert doesn't have a description. Where's the write up? You need to note full s/h info, owners, keys, MOT etc etc. I know some of that is on the page in places but you need to showcase it in text all together too.

Website looks nice though though, agree on the consistency remark made re. photos. V important.

Agree with all above. I think they will look a lot better if the wall behind was brilliant White with the grey floor.

Your cars look lovely and clean.

As with another comment I would have some pics of your premises and the family  /team rather than the generic pictures

• Like 1

Evening all,

Firstly, thank you so much for taking time to have a look. We both really appreciate it. 

We will try and take all of the advice on board. Why is it that it always makes sense as soon as somebody else says something?

I personally rather the photos inside, we don't have a massive pitch and it would be difficult to photograph a car without loads of other crap in the background which would be inconsistent. However, I am aware we have poor lighting and that magnolia wall isn't helping at all. We have new bright lights ready to go up and I'm going to look at painting the wall white. 

The point made about the personalisation i.e. photos of us and the site is really great and something we're definitely going to do.

I have included some photos of our site so you can see what we're working with.

Thank you all for being so helpful and providing some great feedback.

-Kelly-

FB_IMG_1542750032485.jpg

FB_IMG_1542750227417.jpg

FB_IMG_1542750235644.jpg

FB_IMG_1542750046355.jpg

FB_IMG_1542750110201.jpg

Hi Kelly

Totally understand about struggling to find a place outside to take the pictures. Its something we have struggled with as well.

I pay for backgrounds to be dropped into 5 of my external photos and it costs me £4.50 per car. (Plus a monthly sub for the App - £35 if you use your own phone)

I know that isn't for everyone but I feel it works best for me.

Best of luck with it all :-)

2 minutes ago, L-P said:

Hi Kelly

Totally understand about struggling to find a place outside to take the pictures. Its something we have struggled with as well.

I pay for backgrounds to be dropped into 5 of my external photos and it costs me £4.50 per car. (Plus a monthly sub for the App - £35 if you use your own phone)

I know that isn't for everyone but I feel it works best for me.

Best of luck with it all :-)

L-P could you share what app it is please?

I would be happy with those external photos for the front page. I personally  think it looks more honest.

Without repeating myself I would paint the walls white so it brightens it up.

1 minute ago, MrV said:

L-P could you share what app it is please?

Yes, no probs.

This is the website of the company I use. Great guys and deliver a good service imho :)

http://www.autoimaging.co.uk/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RJEauto said:

Evening all,

Firstly, thank you so much for taking time to have a look. We both really appreciate it. 

We will try and take all of the advice on board. Why is it that it always makes sense as soon as somebody else says something?

I personally rather the photos inside, we don't have a massive pitch and it would be difficult to photograph a car without loads of other crap in the background which would be inconsistent. However, I am aware we have poor lighting and that magnolia wall isn't helping at all. We have new bright lights ready to go up and I'm going to look at painting the wall white. 

The point made about the personalisation i.e. photos of us and the site is really great and something we're definitely going to do.

I have included some photos of our site so you can see what we're working with.

Thank you all for being so helpful and providing some great feedback.

-Kelly-

FB_IMG_1542750032485.jpg

FB_IMG_1542750227417.jpg

FB_IMG_1542750235644.jpg

FB_IMG_1542750046355.jpg

FB_IMG_1542750110201.jpg

The first two photos are good in terms of the subject matter but by christ, does it EVER get light around your way? :)

I’ve replaced all the lighting in my unit and am just finishing off the floor, it makes a huge difference.

Trying to upload a picture, won’t allow to to, bloody frustrating!

• Like 1

Nice AD. 

I’ll be doing similar when I get a unit. One thing i’ve noticed is the reflection of the strip lighting back off the cars. 

I wonder what other options there are to keep the amount of light reflections down? 

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I’ve replaced all the lighting in my unit and am just finishing off the floor, it makes a huge difference.

Looks really good!

What floor paint did you use? 

I like the reflections, makes the cars look shiny. The outside video appraisal shows the car in daylight so the billy gets two perspectives  ;)

3 minutes ago, RJEauto said:

Looks really good!

What floor paint did you use? 

https://www.resincoat.co.uk/

41 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I like the reflections, makes the cars look shiny. The outside video appraisal shows the car in daylight so the billy gets two perspectives  ;)

https://www.resincoat.co.uk/

Yes, sorry mate I meant the actual reflections of the strip light itself, the white bar reflected in the bodywork. OCD I know!

Your cars look super shiny! 

20 minutes ago, EPV said:

Yes, sorry mate I meant the actual reflections of the strip light itself, the white bar reflected in the bodywork. OCD I know!

Definately a severe case of OCD....... I have a thing about toilet roll, the roll has to be hanging away from the wall...... Insane I know :lol:

27 minutes ago, EPV said:

You can buy plastic diffusers (plastic box shaped covers) to disperse the light more evenly...they're super fragile though