12 hours ago, david gott said:

It must be where we are but we get some really strange cars from locals, today a chap rings, would you like to buy my Kia mentor (I’ve never heard of the bloody thing and there’s none on trader) 16k miles, automatic on a 52 plate, he wanted £600......dealer auction that would make a grand at least

LIKE.

Whats the retail on that David!? It’s always the weird ones like this that sell for me

I have had my 1st go at buying stock through eBay this week. I paid the same 300 of cap clean I would have done on dealer action but at least this way I can go and drive and give the car a good check over before hand over my cash....and the description of the car is pretty In depth

1 hour ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

golden rule  if you purchase through ebay or private is to get there ID make sure its them on the V5 and collection address is sale as on the V5

I agree with your second point but you’d seriously ask a person for their ID? 

On 20/11/2018 at 4:49 PM, sparky said:

You wait to see what happens in January. As smashy and nicey once said, you ain't seen nothing yet.

I'm dreading January with prices as they are now!

2 hours ago, AAM90 said:

I'm dreading January with prices as they are now!

It will be ridiculous. Hence why I'll be topping up my tan ( what tan) and ignoring the madness.

On 22/11/2018 at 8:06 AM, Blenheim Car Sales said:

golden rule  if you purchase through ebay or private is to get there ID make sure its them on the V5 and collection address is sale as on the V5

Agree, I used to buy a lot from the local rag, always ask the seller how long have they had the car / van for ? Then when you go there check details on the V5. never bought from people who have had the car for a few months or less. Or if the seller says i am selling for a friend then it's a it's a No No.

Too many people selling as private sellers but they are actually trade.  

9 minutes ago, A & S said:

Agree, I used to buy a lot from the local rag, always ask the seller how long have they had the car / van for ? Then when you go there check details on the V5. never bought from people who have had the car for a few months or less. Or if the seller says i am selling for a friend then it's a it's a No No.

Too many people selling as private sellers but they are actually trade.  

I went and saw the car yesterday, selling on behalf of his sister in law, asked a lot of questions. No indication he was trade. They are putting a fresh mot on the car. I told them I want to collect from the sister in law’s house or there with her id. She has had the car for 2 years according to equifax, still taxed and not set to trade. Better description than some da cars

I have just been looking at a Fiesta XR2 mark 2 on Ebay as I would really like one as a toy (bring back some memories), Someone selling one on there saying he is selling for a friend. Now that puts me right off.

They are probably genuine private sellers, best to do the checks to be safe. Also do a HPi check before you part with any money.