Sign in to follow this  
justlooking

Do they still exist?

Hey guys. YouTube William's motor company. Rogue traders he has blue lambo... makes matey 5 stars look like a saint. Like after lie after lie.. 

14 minutes ago, wow really said:

Hey guys. YouTube William's motor company. Rogue traders he has blue lambo... makes matey 5 stars look like a saint. Like after lie after lie.. 

Not far from me this fella, been going for a long time but went bust sometime after he was made famous by the bbc 

The smugness in front of the customer of his Ferrari and lambo photo... never show more wealth in front of Joe normal if you want there business or am I wrong..., just seems common sense. They are amazing cars though. Shame he was such a melt.

What I don't understand is while they're owing CCJS from what I assume are court cases they've lost, how are they still operating? So technically every trader out there could con every customer, lose in court and never pay?

How are they getting away with that?!

Also that first fella with the Ibiza isn't very bright if he'd rather lose £2200 than spend £500 putting the car right.

12 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Yep. Chased afghan Servat for a loose battery bracket a faulty brake calliper on a £2K shitter while defrauding the taxpayers by £24K... dear oh dear...

Succinctly put !!

9 hours ago, tradegirl said:

So technically every trader out there could con every customer, lose in court and never pay?

That's how the stupid legal system works, you get a CCJ, they don't pay, you have to spend more to get them back in Court !!

I did a Civil on a guy once for a 38k Debt, cost me 10k in Solicitors Court Costs etc, never got a bean !!

I could have had him battered by pikeys for a grand !!

Never again :(

35 minutes ago, tradex said:

I think reputation stands for sweet FA in this game bar the sellers vanity, other wise we would all be selling to repeat customers wouldn't we?

Sadly, price is king and the lower the better for most punters.

Absolutely 100% true.

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

Succinctly put !!

That's how the stupid legal system works, you get a CCJ, they don't pay, you have to spend more to get them back in Court !!

I did a Civil on a guy once for a 38k Debt, cost me 10k in Solicitors Court Costs etc, never got a bean !!

I could have had him battered by pikeys for a grand !!

Never again :(

That's incredible...you would have thought bailiffs would be sent out to collect the money somehow?

What a joke...you can still have him battered though ;)

9 minutes ago, tradex said:

Bailiffs can only do so much, if the debtor is clever he can hide any assets.

In the good old days most prison imates were there because of bad debts, it's now more a civil thing and debtors are often seen as victims, what a world. :lol:

Yes, 'debtors prison'. Interestingly the victorians only made debtors live there (with their family/dependants), they still had freedom to work and pay back the debt! 

Dickens wrote about the notorious Marshalea prison in South London.

Edited by met

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Rouge Traders?.... he looks more like a Caucasian fella to me?

Personally and this from the being in the trade for more years than I like to remember, I think reputation stands for sweet FA in this game bar the sellers vanity, other wise we would all be selling to repeat customers wouldn't we?

Sadly, basically right your right. When I was young and naive I genuinely thought differently, but after seeing crook after crook prosper and in some cases, do some porridge or get a slapped wrist, then come back and prosper again those feelings have gone. And the fly by nights,  the likes of caralot, well let's be honest, they are not much better.

46 minutes ago, sparky said:

Sadly, basically right your right. When I was young and naive I genuinely thought differently, but after seeing crook after crook prosper and in some cases, do some porridge or get a slapped wrist, then come back and prosper again those feelings have gone. And the fly by nights,  the likes of caralot, well let's be honest, they are not much better.

+1 and exactly why I removed myself from the SE Motor Trade almost 12 years ago now.

The little enterprise I run now in a small community is all repeat Custom, no advertising (apart from the Van sign writing) and the "posh pimped" Workshop Van was more for my own ego than anything :lol:

It is all word of mouth recommendation, and I earn well out of it ;) If I advertised I wouldn't get any more business, just a load of grief from those prepared to travel from Inverness and further afield ;)

If I had set up when I first moved up here I would not have been very busy for years, it took years to earn the trust of the locals, a liitle help here and there, do a few favours for the local community etc etc. Once you have that it works great !!

Sadly in most areas of England now that counts for nothing.

1 hour ago, tradex said:

In the good old days most prison imates were there because of bad debts, it's now more a civil thing and debtors are often seen as victims, what a world. :lol:

It's disgraceful. Obviously not saying Joe Bloggs who's in hardship should be imprisoned or have assets taken away, but crooks who take people's money unlawfully.