Sign in to follow this  
DCS01

Always the way

Brought a Fiat 500 and looked at it for two months. Not a single call.

Stuck it on eBay and sold for a £100 loss but with a p/ex I could make it back on.

Sods law I then get two enquiries today really keen on it. Both sounded gutted when I said it was sold, I wouldn’t mind but it wasn’t like I just reduced it.

Now I am in two minds to get another similar and see if it was just bad luck. 

I find them bloody hard work. (As with most little cars) Especially if manual. The market is full of them, so has to be attractive on price or have an edge.

I’ve done better with S-Autos if good spec. This is the key with them: spec.

It is just Sod’s Law though that what you’ve just sold will attract a call or two- just to wind you up. 

Way too many bog standard ones out there and i too a couple of years back made the mistake of buying these. Once i had a sticker or 2 i promised it that i wouldn't bother again, funny enough though i have also had 2 cabrios that went relatively easily. 

I think they are probably the ultimate super mini car to look at (budget wise).  I have only bought one, in white S spec and it sat around forever and ever - I keep being tempted because they look better than most jelly mould cars, then I remember and take a sanity check.

7 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

A car for style above substance. Whenever I see someone in one I just think shallow.....

I recall your pink one AD :D

20 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I think they are probably the ultimate super mini car to look at (budget wise).  I have only bought one, in white S spec and it sat around forever and ever - I keep being tempted because they look better than most jelly mould cars, then I remember and take a sanity check.

I was really surprised how nice it was to drive and cool it was inside. 

I see so many on the road I thought it would be a good prospect 

10 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

A car for style above substance. Whenever I see someone in one I just think shallow.....

That is why I thought it would do well, brought for daddy’s princess.

2 minutes ago, DCS01 said:

I was really surprised how nice it was to drive and cool it was inside. 

Are you mad, they drive crap, cheap nasty shit cars.... they are TAT for people who are maxed out and buy clothes from Matalan. Horrible car in every respect

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Are you mad, they drive crap, cheap nasty shit cars.... they are TAT for people who are maxed out and buy clothes from Matalan. Horrible car in every respect

I'd hazardous a guess you wont find a £2 coin under the seat either... ;)

4 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

I'd hazardous a guess you wont find a £2 coin under the seat either... ;)

15 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Not a fan? Haha

I quite like them, stack up okay on a pcp deal, never have much bother with them really.

Had a couple 08-10 plates in px and they are usually goosed by then so would only touch newer ones for retail. 14/15/16 plates do okay for us! 

I think they are quite a good car.

I am only 1.5 miles from a big Fiat dealer though and they have 30 to choose from. For that reason ive had a couple that stuck and i wont buy again unless cheap.

That said i had a stunning Fiat 500 abarth convertible in the summer and people flocked to buy that.

I've had a couple and they romped away. Must have spec on though

I've recently taken in an 2009 with 38k on. We had to rebuild it... rear axle,brakes,shockers,arms,tailgate handle etc

All on last MOT advises and customer was aware so I nicked it in p/x

Beware the older ones when buying! Take a good luck underneath and the MOT

We've had three of the proper barbie pink ones (not that nasty mauve) and they did well but the last one took a while, changing tastes I guess. Now we stick solely to 1.2 lounges in a decent colour with the blue and me. Sports don't seem to sell because the insurance is a bit higher and pops are just too poverty when the same money gets you bluetooth and a glass roof a year older. Our only auto in stock is hanging about like a bad smell but will go just because of the box.

Always just gotta budget for rear suspension and tyres whatever the age.

5 hours ago, AAM90 said:

I've had a couple and they romped away. Must have spec on though

I've recently taken in an 2009 with 38k on. We had to rebuild it... rear axle,brakes,shockers,arms,tailgate handle etc

All on last MOT advises and customer was aware so I nicked it in p/x

Beware the older ones when buying! Take a good luck underneath and the MOT

+1 they rot horrendously 

Had fast ones, convertible ones, low mileage and high mileage ones. Cool colours and black and white. No matter the cocktail, have always been the kiss of death of us! The fact they can be had for 90/m brand new says it all. Its only 20more than a new iPhoneX !! The phone will probably last longer. Hateful little crocks! 

Fiat 500's are popular with two sorts of people, 20yr old girls and car thieves?