Sign in to follow this  
MrV

Fault after sale procedure

As I'm new to the game I'm yet to have a return however I've previously sorted one fault with a Corsa co2 sensor a few weeks back and I've today been told the Corsa I sold on Monday has the EML light on. No light present upon collection or recorded on my PDI, customer confirms it also didn't appear during their journey home either. 

I know what my legal obligations are but I need to learn what assistance to offer, in this case what would you do? Go to the car and plug machine in? Tell them to come to me? Tell them to take it to a garage? Tell them the fault was not present when it was sold so not really my issue?

I'm such a noob, lawgistics invoice, thanks tradex

Get the car back.

I’ve learned this the hard way. Don’t do anything other than get it back. 

Get it back and have it properly diagnosed and go from there. 

• Like 1

Thanks chaps it'll be with me this afternoon 

it will most likely be the maf

beware hong kon fluey readers wont always show this and no live data wont help

also be aware copies off ebay are very hit n miss

new ones bout 90 notes from a decent factor

keep the old one if im right because often you put it onto another cor sa and they ran fine

vauxhall.pah...........

What if it turns out to be a wear and tear part? Would you still replace it?

3 hours ago, MrV said:

the Corsa I sold on Monday has the EML light on. No light present upon collection or recorded on my PDI, customer confirms it also didn't appear during their journey

40 minutes ago, MrV said:

What if it turns out to be a wear and tear part? Would you still replace it?

They've only had the junk five minutes! Just look big, get it back and fix it mate.

6 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

They've only had the junk five minutes! Just look big, get it back and fix it mate.

Thumbs up

P0302 misfire detected, off to the garage I go

If you want to be in the trade for a long while you should always do the right thing even if it costs you a few quid. Don't be a doormat but if people have had the car a few days get it back and sort it out,,,,and get good reviews rolling in.

41 minutes ago, MrV said:

P0302 misfire detected, off to the garage I go

Fix it yourself FFS, stick a set of plugs in it plus a coil pack and wave it bye bye ;)

Around £60 in parts from decent factors and 20 minutes work ;)

Done :) 

Just now, MrV said:

Myself, can I have a pat on the back?

Now drive it 30-40 miles to make sure this is what the problem was before you give it back. 

16 minutes ago, MrV said:

Myself, can I have a pat on the back?

whats done

plugs and coil pack?

a kick up its bum

some silicone spray down the plug leads

or has a full scan been carried out to ascertain time revs coldness of engine etc to nail down the reason the eml came on

remember i said a maf can cause your problem it could still be the  raison d'etre

just sayin.............

you need to be 100% sure you nail this before returning car because if it comes on again they may be thinking of rejecting a faulty car

Plug Leads on a Vauxhall ???????????????????? :lol:

Yes, do not be too hasty drive it a little, but on Vauxhalls 99.9% of Misfire cylinder 2, (P030x), so 2 in your case, but could be 1,3 or 4 as well, will be Coil Pack. Always change the Plugs too, as if one's been misfiring it will likely be fooked, and none of us are that tight we'd only change one plug now are we :D

35 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Plug Leads on a Vauxhall ???????????????????? :lol:

Yes, do not be too hasty drive it a little, but on Vauxhalls 99.9% of Misfire cylinder 2, (P030x), so 2 in your case, but could be 1,3 or 4 as well, will be Coil Pack. Always change the Plugs too, as if one's been misfiring it will likely be fooked, and none of us are that tight we'd only change one plug now are we :D

I am :ph34r:

2 hours ago, MrV said:

I am :ph34r:

thats foolish

those coilpacks clip direct onto the plug and over time if not serviced as they never are the whole lot goes green and causes all sorts of problems,its not unknown for there to be water in there too that cant escape after a quick blast with a power washer sometime

plugs for these should be cheap ,if you are dealing in these dustbins regularly you should be bulk purchasing sundries like a box of plugs but more importantly you should have the oil and filter changed on everyone before you let it out as this is the undoing of these engines

20 litres from a factor should be about £45 with filters coming in at £4 each

Buy genuine Vauxhall parts. Always bend  for the first 30 days, say to the billy... no problem bring it back and you’ll repair. 

In my opinion never apologise about a fault appearing, it isn’t your fault if youve honestly done your job right. Cars are machinery, they break at anytime, irrespective of a new owner. 

Benji, we all get comebacks it’s part of the job. How you deal with it defines your approach, you’ll learn as you go, follow your nose and do the right thing. 

11 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Buy genuine Vauxhall parts. Always bend  for the first 30 days, say to the billy... no problem bring it back and you’ll repair. 

In my opinion never apologise about a fault appearing, it isn’t your fault if youve honestly done your job right. Cars are machinery, they break at anytime, irrespective of a new owner. 

Benji, we all get comebacks it’s part of the job. How you deal with it defines your approach, you’ll learn as you go, follow your nose and do the right thing. 

just remembered they have the trade parts club

oil was always good value from them

Late to the party as you have fixed it. I’ve said before. Just get it back. Reduces the chances of another bellend telling them they shouldn’t have brought the car. I had someone last week that said it was EML. Turned out I was tyre pressure light. I got them to come up and ended up just putting air in the tyres. I also put £10 quid of fuel in for the journey. Not ideal but will be asking them for a 5 star review next week.

My only advice and this stems from early noughties, when I first got burned.

Don’t buy Vauxhall - shit cars and even worse punters IMO.

I did fold and saw a low mileage white/black roof Corsa and took a punt - 6 days later it broke.  I have had two rejections this year - Vauxhall Meriva - twice.

35 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

My only advice and this stems from early noughties, when I first got burned.

Don’t buy Vauxhall - shit cars and even worse punters IMO.

I did fold and saw a low mileage white/black roof Corsa and took a punt - 6 days later it broke.  I have had two rejections this year - Vauxhall Meriva - twice.

I've done ok so far, out of 7 Corsas I've diagnosed one with co2 sensor and left customer to sort and this one, my main problems have been with unreported or mis-reported bodywork! I still can't believe Aston Barclay class rust as age related therefore don't include it in their condition reports!

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I agree 100% I'd never deal with an issue unprofessionally, I'll admit I struggle with "hmmm, is that really up to me to sort", there seems to be a fine line which I need to learn 

Corsa's are dire.. we do a minor service on every car that goes out, including corsa's... I've had some 1.0 Corsa engines go pop after 30 days but not much that can be helped about that.

Edited by AutoJacob

11 minutes ago, AutoJacob said:

Corsa's are dire.. we do a minor service on every car that goes out, including corsa's... I've had sub 1.0 Corsa engines go pop after 30 days but not much that can be helped about that.

Dire in regards to returns you have had personally? If so what's the common issues you have?